7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need advice on rotors/brakes

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 01:20 AM

Need advice on rotors/brakes

Hey I believe I need new rotors for my max, not sure if it is front or back, does anyone know or have heard any reviews about these rotors and breaks by Magnum....http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissa...#ht_3563wt_927

or do you recommend the stock rotors... Again I am not sure which ones I need or if I need both. Anyways Let me know if you guys have an idea of what is better quality (I am sure the nissan one is) but if you could give me your opinion.

***Also.. I need the plastic part that covers the under part of the bumper. Don't know what it is called but it is the part you need to take off when you need to get to your fog lights. Also please give the link if you see it on courtesyparts.com

Thanks
Jake
Old 02-22-2011, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by cake90036
Hey I believe I need new rotors for my max, not sure if it is front or back, does anyone know or have heard any reviews about these rotors and breaks by Magnum....http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissa...#ht_3563wt_927

or do you recommend the stock rotors... Again I am not sure which ones I need or if I need both. Anyways Let me know if you guys have an idea of what is better quality (I am sure the nissan one is) but if you could give me your opinion.

***Also.. I need the plastic part that covers the under part of the bumper. Don't know what it is called but it is the part you need to take off when you need to get to your fog lights. Also please give the link if you see it on courtesyparts.com

Thanks
Jake
for the plastic part, check courtesyparts.com. they have all our car parts
Old 02-22-2011, 05:58 AM

Thanks
Jake
Certainly not a bad price for 4 rotors plus pads for each corner. I've never heard of this brand of rotors before. I've had amazing luck with Centric, Brembo and EBC rotors in the past. Sure, a bit more pricey than the link you're looking at on Ebay, but I've had zero problems with warping, squealing, etc with the brands above.

Wouldn't go back to stock rotors. I haven't had any warping issues at 16K, but my buddy with an 09 Altima SE had issues around 20K with his stock front rotors (or the dealer overtorqued the snot out of his lugs.)

Brakes are just one thing I wouldn't cheap out on. Let's be honest, it's your life at risk if your brakes aren't up to snuff
Old 02-22-2011, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by GM_Traitor3.5VQ
Certainly not a bad price for 4 rotors plus pads for each corner. I've never heard of this brand of rotors before. I've had amazing luck with Centric, Brembo and EBC rotors in the past. Sure, a bit more pricey than the link you're looking at on Ebay, but I've had zero problems with warping, squealing, etc with the brands above.

Wouldn't go back to stock rotors. I haven't had any warping issues at 16K, but my buddy with an 09 Altima SE had issues around 20K with his stock front rotors (or the dealer overtorqued the snot out of his lugs.)

Brakes are just one thing I wouldn't cheap out on. Let's be honest, it's your life at risk if your brakes aren't up to snuff
True, do you happen to know what that plastic piece is called for under the bumper? I need a new one and can't find it on courtesy parts.com
Old 02-22-2011, 11:19 AM

True, do you happen to know what that plastic piece is called for under the bumper? I need a new one and can't find it on courtesy parts.com
Kind of like a flat plastic undertray that's in front of the axle?
Old 02-22-2011, 11:34 AM

I'm guessing he means the splash guard thing that covers the whole front undercarriage. I poked around a bit and didn't see it.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by mrodenberg0124
I'm guessing he means the splash guard thing that covers the whole front undercarriage. I poked around a bit and didn't see it.
You're probably right. That's what I was thinking of too.

Cake- if you've taken your car to a dealer for service a few times before, see if you can't get one of their service folks to take a look for you real quick so you can pick up the right part #. Hopefully they'll be kind enough to take a peek and advise you of the right part you're looking for.

Then, order from somebody else that has it cheaper
Old 02-22-2011, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by GM_Traitor3.5VQ
You're probably right. That's what I was thinking of too.

Cake- if you've taken your car to a dealer for service a few times before, see if you can't get one of their service folks to take a look for you real quick so you can pick up the right part #. Hopefully they'll be kind enough to take a peek and advise you of the right part you're looking for.

Then, order from somebody else that has it cheaper
Yeah I found it on courtesy parts and it was the lower engine cover and it was 34.00 + 15 shipping there and 40 at the dealership. I'm gonna search around for it but if you or anyone you know has got a good place for parts let me know.
Thanks.