7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Other Roof Wing Options?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by DarkSlateMaxima
I have some low resolution iphone pics i can send if anyone wants to post them. the paint job is nice but the wing is really floppy. i guess thats why its so cheap.
Yeah it feels like a heavy wet noodle, I was almost concerned that it'd fly off after installation due to the weight. Definitely not, the 3M tape and adhesive glue holds it on very securely. You can't notice the difference in material between the spoiler and the car when looking at it - I'm here 3 months later and no discoloration or anything.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:36 PM

I wonder how it compares to the stillen one. I mean it just seems a little overprice through them. I guess it doesnt really matter how floppy it is once its installed right or no?
Old 04-11-2011, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Rking21
I wonder how it compares to the stillen one. I mean it just seems a little overprice through them. I guess it doesnt really matter how floppy it is once its installed right or no?
I haven't seen it in person but I'd guess the stillen spoiler is the same material as the lip, so probably more rigid and lighter. I actually like the look of the Stillen roof spoiler a bit more but for the cost of sanding/painting I couldn't pass up the eBay one. There are other places I want to spend that money on my car.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:11 PM

i have a white max w black panoramic roof so I want a black roof wing. which should I go for: the pearl black or other black one?
Old 04-24-2011, 08:38 AM

Hey, I just bought myself the Ebay Roof Spoiler and I installed it, it was very easy. But there is a little problem. The corners of the roof spoiler came off a little so their not holding from the sides... It was raining the next day and maybe that's why! What should I do now? I need help ASAP.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Makc1kNYC
Hey, I just bought myself the Ebay Roof Spoiler and I installed it, it was very easy. But there is a little problem. The corners of the roof spoiler came off a little so their not holding from the sides... It was raining the next day and maybe that's why! What should I do now? I need help ASAP.
did you install it using the glue or just the 3M tape? if you did just the tape and its coming off enough that you think it'll fly off when you're driving, I'd pull it off now. remove all the pre-installed 3M tape on the bottom and go buy some more from an auto store. clean your window with rubbing alcohol and let it dry and try installing it again.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:58 AM

just the 3M tape
Old 04-24-2011, 08:59 AM

My boy from AcuraZine told me that if I put the Epoxy under the corners it'll be ok? But I rather take your advise and go do it today!
Old 04-24-2011, 09:04 AM

My boy from AcuraZine told me that if I put the Epoxy under the corners it'll be ok? But I rather take your advise and go do it today!
He's probably right if you just mean the tips, I'd have to see it in person to give you a better answer. If you're talking just the very edges where the 3M tape didn't cover, then I'd try epoxy and use some strong tape to hold it down from the top firmly while drying. If you're saying the 3M tape near the edges is starting to come up, then I'd do a whole re-install.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:13 AM

yes, little by little its comming up... I touched it yesterday and it was comming off easy without using any force! Im going to AutoZone right now!
Old 04-24-2011, 09:41 AM

yes, little by little its comming up... I touched it yesterday and it was comming off easy without using any force! Im going to AutoZone right now!
Good idea then. After my install, the very tips of mine looked like they were coming up but I gave mine a firm tug and it doesn't move. If you pull yours off take note of where the 3M tape is installed and try to mimic the placement with your new tape you're getting.

For the install, I cleaned the window with rubbing alcohol, coated the areas on the bottom where there was no 3M tape with epoxy (especially the outside edges) and installed slowly from one side to the other. It should fit perfectly on your rear window fitting flush on the top with the top of the glass and the sides should be "snug" between the body panel trim that pokes up slightly.

If you scroll up and look at the pics I posted earlier, you can see how mine fits if that helps during re-install.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:55 AM

Finally installed my roof spoiler. It was a perfect fit. Adds a nice look to it. I had some glares from other Maxima owners on the highway. BTW...I replaced my Nissan OEM sunroof visor with the Weathertech's. IMO it fits and looks nicer.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:55 AM

^^do you have any pics of how it looks?
Old 05-26-2016, 12:21 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hi all ,

We are BMWOEMSHOP@ Extremespoiler .

We like to thank you again for your supports over years .

We are now establishing our FB/ Instragram / website -> extremespoiler.com

Please come to our websites to share your feelings about our products.

Every comment is welcome and helpful to us.

P.S. Now we have promotional price for return customers.
Pls call us 562-8461231 or visit our website -> extremespoiler.com

Best Regards ,
Alisa

BMWOEMSHOP@Extremespoiler