7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Sway Bar

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 05:20 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Rear Sway Bar

I purchased a 2012 Limited Edition Max a couple years ago. Everything stock, would like to start implementing suspension mods slow and steady. Purchased a Racingline RSB a week ago and plan to drop it in this weekend.

My bad, never thought.... I assume my Limited Edition has the basic suspension components. Believe the suspension upgrades come with the SV model. Does anyone know? Guess I'll find out for sure when we pull the OEM RSB and compare it to the Racingline bar.

Thanks in advance. Look forward to bouncing ideas off you in the future.
Old 09-01-2016, 05:31 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by PAGER
I purchased a 2012 Limited Edition Max a couple years ago. Everything stock, would like to start implementing suspension mods slow and steady. Purchased a Racingline RSB a week ago and plan to drop it in this weekend.

My bad, never thought.... I assume my Limited Edition has the basic suspension components. Believe the suspension upgrades come with the SV model. Does anyone know? Guess I'll find out for sure when we pull the OEM RSB and compare it to the Racingline bar.

Thanks in advance. Look forward to bouncing ideas off you in the future.
You are correct. I believe the sport suspension only came on the SV sport. The limited edition has the standard suspension package. You should notice a difference with the Racingline RSB. I have one on a limited edition as well and was pleased with the results.
Old 09-08-2016, 06:20 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Racingline Rear Sway Bar

Install was quite easy and I notice an improvement in the handling. Used the outer hole on the sway bar.

Car stays much flatter entering and through turns. Less jostling on rough pavement. For some reason car seems to be riding maybe 1/2 inch higher. Maybe just my imagination. Great upgrade for the price!
Old 09-08-2016, 04:44 PM

I think that would be your imagination.
The outer hole is 50% stiffer than stock, and the outer hole is 100% stiffer than stock.
Good purchase. I think it is the best handling mod per dollar without question.
Old 01-18-2017, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by PAGER
Install was quite easy and I notice an improvement in the handling. Used the outer hole on the sway bar.

Car stays much flatter entering and through turns. Less jostling on rough pavement. For some reason car seems to be riding maybe 1/2 inch higher. Maybe just my imagination. Great upgrade for the price!
Does your car have the fold-down rear seats? I'm wondering if this is would install easily on a max that isn't the sport package.
Old 01-18-2017, 06:20 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Celidor
Does your car have the fold-down rear seats? I'm wondering if this is would install easily on a max that isn't the sport package.
I have the fold down seats, but not sure how that would affect the installation of the RSB. The RSB is under the car.
Old 01-18-2017, 07:21 AM

I have a 2012 SV Premium and 2014 Sport and I installed the Stillen front strut tower brace along with the Stillen rear sway bar and I can tell you that I really notice it on the 2014 Sport for sure. Way stiffer ride. You need to do both IMO.
Old 01-23-2017, 09:19 AM

The front strut tower brace is USELESS.
Our car already has one from the factory. The attachment method of the aftermarket does not provide any increased support.
Any change from the fstb is purely in your head.

The Rear Sway Bar should be a required upgrade.
Old 01-23-2017, 12:59 PM
Maxima Owner

Originally Posted by maximadrvr
the front strut tower brace is useless.
Our car already has one from the factory. The attachment method of the aftermarket does not provide any increased support.
Any change from the fstb is purely in your head.

The rear sway bar should be a required upgrade.

my thoughts exactly
Old 03-05-2017, 05:33 AM

I have the RSB from racingline in my garage waiting to be installed. I just put the Traction Control Rods on the front and that made a HUGE improvement. My garage door broke the other day and getting my tools out to install the rsb is a real pain in the but.

FSTB are going to be pointless in the Maxima. It made a difference on my 240sx years ago but that car didn't have a factory one and the firewall was much further back from the front struts. Spend your money under the car.