7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Subwoofers aka rear speakers not working

Old 08-26-2018, 10:49 AM

Question Subwoofers aka rear speakers not working

Hi guys
I’ve have had my 2014 sv with bose and nav for just over a year. Every once in a while i would question the sound but it was a huge improvement over my 4th gen bose so i didn’t stress it but now im concerned.

ive some how been happy with the sound for the past year but now realizing that they should probably be producing sound makes me think Im going to have to spend money i dont want to.

the rear speakers behind the backseat headrest doesnt seem to be producing any sound. Only the dash and door speakers produce sound. Whats going on here? Does it only activate at certain times? Is there some switch that i dont know about?

Old 08-26-2018, 08:29 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Go to your sound settings. You’re most likely not on the surround sound/default setting. Easy 10 second fix.
Old 08-28-2018, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by 7thGenWill
Go to your sound settings. You’re most likely not on the surround sound/default setting. Easy 10 second fix.
thank you for this option , i will investigate and report back.
havent seen this option in settings before.
i will check the manual.
Old 08-29-2018, 06:32 PM

So I checked yesterday and saw nothing about surround sound.
Could you please elaborate? please note this is bose with nav set up.
TIA
Old 08-29-2018, 10:04 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

watch this YouTube video. Skip to 3:52 and follow along. You want your BALANCE and FADE to be in the middle.
Old 08-30-2018, 07:49 PM

I traded in my 4th gen with Bose for a new 7th Gen with Bose in 2013. They definitely sound different. I believe that the 7th Gen Bose is more like surround sound. It produces a sound field similar to when you are at a concert where most the of vocals and other sounds come from the front. From the center and the right and left channel. You really do not hear much sound coming from behind you. Just like the surround sound of your TV. To me this is more of a realistic and natural sound. This means that the rear speakers are mostly used as a woofer and not much else.

Probably nothing wrong with your Bose or it's settings. Although you can probably adjust things a bit to your liking.

This thread discusses the front imaging of the Bose stereo.
https://maxima.org/forums/7th-genera...oor-audio.html

Last edited by Nopike; 08-30-2018 at 08:35 PM.
Old 09-04-2018, 08:27 PM

https://youtu.be/JAyqT076PEw

watch this YouTube video. Skip to 3:52 and follow along. You want your BALANCE and FADE to be in the middle.
thank you for the video, everything is already centered. Still nothing.
Old 09-04-2018, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Nopike
I traded in my 4th gen with Bose for a new 7th Gen with Bose in 2013. They definitely sound different. I believe that the 7th Gen Bose is more like surround sound. It produces a sound field similar to when you are at a concert where most the of vocals and other sounds come from the front. From the center and the right and left channel. You really do not hear much sound coming from behind you. Just like the surround sound of your TV. To me this is more of a realistic and natural sound. This means that the rear speakers are mostly used as a woofer and not much else.

Probably nothing wrong with your Bose or it's settings. Although you can probably adjust things a bit to your liking.

This thread discusses the front imaging of the Bose stereo.
https://maxima.org/forums/7th-genera...oor-audio.html
thanks for the link and info, definitely gonna read it all.
there may indeed be nothing wrong as the audio still kicks when turned up.

I went in to the speaker test setting and they are not even listed as channels there.