7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my max was in the shop for two months

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2019, 07:58 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

my max was in the shop for two months

hey I was in a collision a couple of months ago, I have a 2014 maxima with the sports package, shifting paddles and everything, they had my car for two months,
I thought that was a little long but they claim they kept running into problems, I'm a patient man so I was like ok as long as it's fixed correctly, well I just got my car back and I know it's been
a couple of months since I drove my car, but I swear it doesn't sound like my car, it has dual exhaust, and it used to sound like a muscle car especially if I got on the gas, now it sounds like a 4 cylinder and you can't hear the dual exhaust and I'm pissed, maybe I'm being a little paranoid but I can't but feel like they did something to my car, if there is anyone out there that can shed some light on this or have any input to offer I'd appreciate it greatly, I swear I'm gon get my car checked out cause I know I'm not tripping.
Old 04-25-2019, 09:15 PM

What does the odometer read before and after? Unless you suspect they messed it up and swapped parts?
Old 04-25-2019, 10:14 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I'm not sure but i suspect foul play, I'm gon go get it checked and go from there cause i know something isn't right
Old 04-26-2019, 12:41 AM

Most car guys knows their cars better then anyone else. The slightest rattle, bump , or sound and that car owner can tell you that it doesn’t sound right or that the car doesn’t feel right. So if you think something is off or wrong, your probably right. Whether it is foul play or just people who don’t know what they are doing is to be determined.

That leads to my next question. Why was it in the shop so long? I mean a collision??? Did the car roll off the side of a mountain and hit everything on the way down? 2 months in the body shop is a long time and a lot of money and any insurance is just gonna total the car out rather then have that much work done. Unless you weren’t going through insurance and we’re paying yourself
Old 04-26-2019, 04:51 AM

If it is running well with no loss of power, i am guessing the sound generator is either removed or disconnected.
Old 04-26-2019, 05:48 AM

Did you put on true dual exhaust prior to the collision, or are you referring to the factory exhaust? Factory exhaust is not true dual, it's coming down a center pipe then splits off. Was any exhaust parts replace, in that if you were hit in the rear, they likely replaced pipes muffler, whatever was damaged. Could be they got a quieter muffler, or your old system had a slight leak which makd it louder...lot of variables here, I wouldn't suspect foul play, but rater there was something repaired and the exhaust note changed.