8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Android Auto

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2019, 02:50 PM

I have a request of you if you have a Max with the latest map update. Would you mind seeing if you can find the following destination on your GPS. Several spots I've tried to locate lately on my '17 SL with 14/15 maps crap out. Same with my wife's 2014 Malibu, which I've always thought had a great built-in GPS, however I have not updated the maps on that either. My old 2007 Vette maps are 2016 and it has never failed to find a destination even though the map screen itself looks like 1980's resolution. I'm curious if one location in particular shows up on your map.

If you would, here is the destination I'd like you to try to lock in on and report back on, including the age of your maps:

Athletes in Action, Xenia, Ohio. Also known as AIA. This is a 5-6 year old park for young football, soccer, and baseball athletes.

Thanks much all,
Old 04-18-2019, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by compyelc4
I have a request of you if you have a Max with the latest map update. Would you mind seeing if you can find the following destination on your GPS. Several spots I've tried to locate lately on my '17 SL with 14/15 maps crap out. Same with my wife's 2014 Malibu, which I've always thought had a great built-in GPS, however I have not updated the maps on that either. My old 2007 Vette maps are 2016 and it has never failed to find a destination even though the map screen itself looks like 1980's resolution. I'm curious if one location in particular shows up on your map.

If you would, here is the destination I'd like you to try to lock in on and report back on, including the age of your maps:

Athletes in Action, Xenia, Ohio. Also known as AIA. This is a 5-6 year old park for young football, soccer, and baseball athletes.

Thanks much all,
Haven't looked for this address yet but since I got my 2018 Max I have used the built-in navigation and I regret to say it is pretty inadequate, quite often. Way below google maps which is almost perfect, and even below Garmin, which I have used for over a decade. It's not that the maps have not been updated - they have, I can tell by recent changes which can be found on it, it's that it is inaccurate by a long shot, quite often, and does not show roads which have been around for a long time - not new subdivisions by any stretch of the imagination. Too bad.
Old 01-21-2020, 02:30 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by awwood89
I spoke to the dealership and they said I should give the 2018 map update a try. I have a hard time believing that this will give me Android Auto.

Does anyone else have any input on this?

Thanks.
I updated to the new map pack. There is no Android Auto in it. I really wish there was as I will NEVER use an Apple product so the Apple play is wasted on me. I know it's possible to to a head unit from an 18 Max (same to same, Bose, no Bose) with Android Auto on it. Many people note this. The problem lies in actually finding someplace other than a dealership selling an Android Auto enabled 2018 head unit. Everywhere I look online, it's so over priced Chinese crap or very vaguely worded advertisements that don't give a complete description and are horribly over priced. If anyone has come across a valid, legit sources, I'd really appreciate knowing where it's at.
Old 03-15-2020, 04:01 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

android auto

Originally Posted by Ian B
The Android auto app works wirelessly now, no need to be plugged to an Android auto supported stereo. Your phone screen will be the display unit instead of radio display.
how did you connect android auto to nissan maxima 2016? is this possible?
Old 03-15-2020, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by RicardoRodriguezMartinez
how did you connect android auto to nissan maxima 2016? is this possible?
He didn't. He said he uses his android phone for that.