8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Sirius XM goes to Preview Channel 1 after parking

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 08:09 AM

Sirius XM goes to Preview Channel 1 after parking

2016 Platinum Maxima that has been pretty much trouble free until about 3 weeks ago when the XM radio goes to the Preview Channel 1 whenever I park and it takes a minute or three for it to "find" itself again. It is not consistent. I usually park the car listening to Sirius but when I come back one of two things happen:
1. It resets to channel 1 and I have to listen to 1-3 minutes of the preview channel before I can get a signal back and listen to my presets.
2. It plays the XM station I parked with on but the screen is "frozen" and cannot change the channel until it finds a signal again.

I have done multiple signals refreshes from Sirius XM and it does not help.

Anyone have this issue? Thanks.
Old 03-04-2018, 08:17 AM

I'm looking for the fix to this as well. Mine was bought brand new in April 2016 and it began doing this about a year later. Every few months it'll be a different channel....but NEVER the channel that I (intentionally) leave it on. MULTIPLE contacts to Sirius has been a complete and total waste of time. Multiple (daily) refreshes never has made any difference whatsoever.

There's a few threads on here about the problem. Not sure anyone has gotten this resolved. Insanely frustrating considering whet we paid for the car and have to continue to pay for SuriusXM service. Someone....ANYONE...please reply if you have solved this!
Old 03-04-2018, 08:43 AM

Yep,me too. Several signal refreshes have no effect. It seems to have been better the last week or so (just jinxed it I'm sure...) so I hope this is better now. Worked fine for the first year and a half.
Old 03-06-2018, 07:28 AM

It only occurs, for myself, when the free listening promotion is active. The next time it happens, see if that's the case for yourself.
Old 03-06-2018, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Greenman03
It only occurs, for myself, when the free listening promotion is active. The next time it happens, see if that's the case for yourself.
Good point! I'll see if that is the case. I have had XM for years and it never did that during the promo period before. It seems to be working Ok now, so maybe that is the case.
Old 03-06-2018, 10:41 PM

Mine is STILL doing it. Hasn't stopped in almost 6 months...just different channels every month or two. It was reverting to The Coffee House ch14 every time I started the car...now it's Lithium ch34.

Annoying thing is that I NEVER listen to either of these stations and yet it FORCES ME to listen to them for about 80 seconds every time I start my car. Pretty annoying considering I'm paying SiriusXM $307.76/year. I think I should be able to CHOOSE WHATEVER I WANT TO LISTEN TO AT ALL TIMES!!! Heck, we can do that FOR FREE ON FM!
Old 03-07-2018, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by DeepPearlBluePlatinum
Mine is STILL doing it. Hasn't stopped in almost 6 months...just different channels every month or two. It was reverting to The Coffee House ch14 every time I started the car...now it's Lithium ch34.

Annoying thing is that I NEVER listen to either of these stations and yet it FORCES ME to listen to them for about 80 seconds every time I start my car. Pretty annoying considering I'm paying SiriusXM $307.76/year. I think I should be able to CHOOSE WHATEVER I WANT TO LISTEN TO AT ALL TIMES!!! Heck, we can do that FOR FREE ON FM!
Every now and then mine will do that. I don't feel forced to listen to anything since my car has a volume control. 😉
Old 03-07-2018, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by DeepPearlBluePlatinum
I'm paying SiriusXM $307.76/year. I think I should be able to CHOOSE WHATEVER I WANT TO LISTEN TO AT ALL TIMES!!! Heck, we can do that FOR FREE ON FM!

You're paying $307/year! Call them today and demand to get the 6 months for $30 plan. I go through this every six months and have been doing so for years, but I save a ton of money doing it.