8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

I purchased a 2017 Platinum for my wife

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2018, 06:51 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I purchased a 2017 Platinum for my wife

We have a teen daughter with her license and needed a 3rd car. My wife had a 2014 Honda Accord EX-L that's in good shape so we are going to let my daughter drive that, and we started car shopping for my wife. A local dealer advertised a good deal on a 2017 new close-out Maxima Platinum so I went to look at it. I really liked the car, I hadn't ever been in one before. It's Bordeaux Black, has the Medallion package and the chrome rocker panel trim. They let me take it home overnight, but my wife didn't like it. She said the interior was 'too busy', 'too complicated'... Oh well, I guess it was more my cup of tea. I asked her to drive it to work the next day and then meet me at the dealership to drop it off and pick up my car that I had left there overnight when I checked out the Maxima overnight. That afternoon as we both left work we were talking over our respective car audio phones, I was verbally strategizing about next steps to get her a new car when she said "I really like this car". Whaaaaaat? Long story short, instead of returning the car, we bought it. We had it tinted with Black Pearl Nano-Ceramic tint on all the Windows, as well as the panoramic sun roof. I bought the
Husky front and rear all weather floor mats Husky front and rear all weather floor mats
, + the
Husky trunk liner Husky trunk liner
based on recommendations from the forum and installed them tonight. I also bought the
.Storage Box Center Console Tray .Storage Box Center Console Tray
, and the
drop stop seat gap fillers drop stop seat gap fillers

Her favorite things on the car so far are the power, the stereo, Apple Carplay, and the ambient footwell lighting. Apple Carplay has been a very pleasant surprise. On IOS 11 it's mature, and very polished. The dislikes on the car are the cashmere seats, and a lack of some of the active safety features like lane keeping assist. The seats look nice but we would have preferred black.

New 2017 Nissan Maxima Platinum in Bordeaux Black.

Last edited by zrxsteve62; 03-02-2018 at 06:56 PM.
Old 03-02-2018, 09:52 PM

Looks great, congrats! I wish I had gotten the Medallion package but still happy with the car after a year.
Old 03-03-2018, 04:10 AM

Nice car! Medallion package is a sweet setup and the Bordeaux Black displays varying tones from elegant to sinister, depending on ambient lighting. I am glad to hear your wife got used to the cockpit! The sporty feel of the cabin with all the tech angled to the driver is a bit to take in at first, however it appears that Nissan did a very good job of the integration so that driving this car remained intuitive and pleasureable.

CONGRATS!

Lou
Old 03-03-2018, 06:51 PM

Nice Ride Man! I like the upgraded wheels too, we got the same on our Maxima

I always liked the Bordeau Black, looks stunning in the sunlight. We opted for the blue Pearl but yours was a close contender. Not too easy to find on the used car market though.