8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

2018 SR midnight edition or wait till 2019

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2018, 09:40 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

2018 SR midnight edition or wait till 2019

I currently own a 2002 maxima se that I bought new and have had for over 16 years now. I am ready to get something new. I like the looks of the 2018 sr midnight edition and am considering buying one. My question is would it be better to wait until the fall and get a 2019 edition? Will there be changes that are worth waiting until the new model year comes out? I know Nissan is offering 0% financing this month, which could help on the overall cost. Thanks in advance for any replies.
Old 05-12-2018, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by Brown Dog
I currently own a 2002 maxima se that I bought new and have had for over 16 years now. I am ready to get something new. I like the looks of the 2018 sr midnight edition and am considering buying one. My question is would it be better to wait until the fall and get a 2019 edition? Will there be changes that are worth waiting until the new model year comes out? I know Nissan is offering 0% financing this month, which could help on the overall cost. Thanks in advance for any replies.
Ordinarily, the 2018 would seem like the best pricing with the incentives out there and will appear more as the 2019s get ready to be sold. If you can wait, I would go for the 2019 Maxima mainly because there will be some rear and front end updates. They should have the Andriod and Crapple interfaces sorted out and I hear the safety features such as the lane wandering will be much better (more active) than the current passive "coffee cup" that shows up now. Other might weigh in on what else will be updated.

So it will cost you more to go with the 2019 but your look will not be dated.
Old 05-12-2018, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by robtroxel
Ordinarily, the 2018 would seem like the best pricing with the incentives out there and will appear more as the 2019s get ready to be sold. If you can wait, I would go for the 2019 Maxima mainly because there will be some rear and front end updates. They should have the Andriod and Crapple interfaces sorted out and I hear the safety features such as the lane wandering will be much better (more active) than the current passive "coffee cup" that shows up now. Other might weigh in on what else will be updated.

So it will cost you more to go with the 2019 but your look will not be dated.
We can hope the styling changes are for the better, but the square tail pipes aren't a very good sign. And if they adopt that chunky grill of the new Altima, I'd prefer to stick with the current year. Hopefully more details will come out soon

Ditto about the safety features though, that is likely to improve every year. That's seems to everyone's big talking point these days. I wonder if Nissan will make more of these features standard on the lesser trims like they have done with the emergency braking
Old 05-12-2018, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Fishlet
We can hope the styling changes are for the better, but the square tail pipes aren't a very good sign. And if they adopt that chunky grill of the new Altima, I'd prefer to stick with the current year. Hopefully more details will come out soon

Ditto about the safety features though, that is likely to improve every year. That's seems to everyone's big talking point these days. I wonder if Nissan will make more of these features standard on the lesser trims like they have done with the emergency braking
Thinking the same thing on the rectangle tailpipes. I might opt for the 2018 midnight as the incentives are great, looks are great, and you don't know for sure if there will even be a midnight edition option for 2019.
Old 05-12-2018, 06:32 PM

Brown Dog, you may find this thread helpful: https://maxima.org/forums/8th-genera...s-more-29.html
Old 05-13-2018, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by Fishlet

Fishman, you have a point inasmuch as all styling changes aren't always for the better. The current Maxima is just stunning even after nearly 3 years of being on the road. I hope we can get a clear look soon at the 2019s as my lease is up in late Oct. Initial feelings are to re-up for another 3 years with a 2019 and or at least evaluate the Genesis G70 too. The current generation Max is still a better looking car
Old 05-13-2018, 07:11 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thanks

Thanks for all the replies. Even though there is a 0% financing option this month, it sounds like it would be worth it to wait and see what the 2019s look like. I do hope they have a midnight edition though, as I think the white SR midnight edition looks really nice.
Old 05-20-2018, 12:10 PM

Robtroxel...my current lease on a '16 Platinum is up one month before you. Have you started to do any pricing checks yet? My dealer has made some offers (all above$500/month on an '18). At that number, I might be tempted just to buy out my current Max as it only has 13K on it.