8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

radio reboots sometimes

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 08:49 AM

radio reboots sometimes

within the last few months I have had an issue with the radio on my 2017 SL. I'm not sure if this issue is from updating my phone to IOS 12, seemed to start happening after I did that. I use carplay mostly when listening to my music, so I am pretty much have my phone plugged in all the time.

This has happened three times so far. The radio display turns black, about 10 seconds later the main display (above the steering wheel) also goes blank. The radio then appears to reboot (I see the nissan logo come up) and everything is ok after that.

Anyone else having that issue? It was kinda weird the first time it did it, I kinda thought the car was shutting down since everything started going black.
Old 11-30-2018, 09:39 AM

Try to swap the cable. Maybe it has something to do with digital signal going from Phone to Head unit. I’m not really into electronics but I heard that cables especially those which used for data transfer can sometimes send out hot data or cable might catching some other digital waves through the cable housing and signal gets interrupted or corrupted and this might cause random reboots on receivable unit.

I don’t know..I just made this up lol but try use another cable.
Old 11-30-2018, 10:29 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I have a 2018 Nissan Titan that does this every now and then. I have been told to try and record it happening and show them what it does. It never happens when you take it in for inspection, right? You said it only happens when the phone is plugged in, which means have your phone on the ready to video record it happening. I have caught it once on video and plan on following up with my dealer. They rolled their eyes when I stated this was happening and seems they know they are having issues with this.....
Old 11-30-2018, 11:53 AM

There is a lot of chatter on similar issues. I simply Googled "radio rebooting nissan" and a wealth of info on others having issues came up. You may want to research outside of these forums to see what others are saying about their problems. It may not point to your issue specifically, but there are fixes to similar issues out there that people have found.

Good luck and may the force be with you.