8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Intelligent key seat position

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2019, 12:26 PM

Intelligent key seat position

Hey guys, I cannot seem to figure this out and cannot find much on the internet or YouTube.

According to what I've read,, each key identification is supposed to remember seat and mirror positions . I don't have the seat memory on the driver door,, but I have the id thing turned on in the settings and the car recognizes both keys separately. However it does absolutely nothing to remember seat position between key 1 and key 2. I've done everything the Nissan owners channel says to do and still nothing. The seats stay in whatever position they were left in. Any advice is appreciated
Old 03-04-2019, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Steptide
Hey guys, I cannot seem to figure this out and cannot find much on the internet or YouTube.

According to what I've read,, each key identification is supposed to remember seat and mirror positions . I don't have the seat memory on the driver door,, but I have the id thing turned on in the settings and the car recognizes both keys separately. However it does absolutely nothing to remember seat position between key 1 and key 2. I've done everything the Nissan owners channel says to do and still nothing. The seats stay in whatever position they were left in. Any advice is appreciated
I think it applies only to Platinum trim. All other models I believe will save radio presets with the key.
Old 03-04-2019, 05:14 PM

If there is no seat position selector on the door, then you don't have the seat memory option.
Old 03-05-2019, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Lemonhawk
If there is no seat position selector on the door, then you don't have the seat memory option.
OK Thanks. It's hard to tell,, the car is telling me it's recognizing the key, and the book doesnt specify which trim level does what etc. I'm not quite sure what the point of identifying each key is
Old 03-05-2019, 08:32 AM

It's only on the platinum for the memory seats.
Old 03-06-2019, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by Steptide
OK Thanks. It's hard to tell,, the car is telling me it's recognizing the key, and the book doesnt specify which trim level does what etc. I'm not quite sure what the point of identifying each key is
The point is two different drivers will have different seat positions. Each driver will use their own key, and if the system works correctly the seats and mirrors will automatically adjust to the key's set positions when the car is started.
Old 03-06-2019, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Richard66
The point is two different drivers will have different seat positions. Each driver will use their own key, and if the system works correctly the seats and mirrors will automatically adjust to the key's set positions when the car is started.
Right I understand that. But if the sv trim doesn't have that (which is the trim I have ) I don't see the point of the car recognizing each indidual keys.
Old 03-06-2019, 07:55 AM

OK exactly how is the car telling you that it is recognizing each key?
Old 03-06-2019, 08:28 AM

OK exactly how is the car telling you that it is recognizing each key?
The info screen in the gage cluster recognizes each key and says key 1 or key 2 when I start the car.
Old 03-06-2019, 09:29 AM

Nice feature, wish I had that with my 7th gen. Could be that all trim levels with the 8th gen has that feature and only the premium model continues with that feature by adjusting seat/mirror positions. The only reason I could think of why your cluster is displaying that info is to tell you that your key is recognized and fully functional. Question - what does the display say when you start the car and you have both key fobs on you?
Old 03-06-2019, 11:26 AM

My SR does the same thing... they software on the SR and the Platinum is probably the same is all. It still recognizes the keys, but doesn't have the output of memory seats is all.
Old 03-07-2019, 03:29 PM

I have a Platinum, I absolutely hate the key link feature. I often sit in my car during my lunchtime and adjust the seat. It seems like eveytime I get in the car I have to press the memory 1 button on the door. I just wish I could just unlock the car and have it go to my settings for memory button 1 regardless of where the keylink was last at. I do have the Keylink feature turned off and still have the issue.
Old 03-07-2019, 04:06 PM

Very common problem effecting a lot of folks even in the 7th gen model. Just take it into the dealership and have them replace the control module for this feature.
Old 03-07-2019, 07:09 PM

Very common problem effecting a lot of folks even in the 7th gen model. Just take it into the dealership and have them replace the control module for this feature.
They will just tell me it works as designed just like they tell me they can’t find anything wrong with the power steering fluid that keeps going low, having to add power steering fluid it. I have topped it off from the low mark 3 times and I only have 14k miles on it. I hate the car, Only reason I am still driving it is because I am a little upside down on it.
Old 03-08-2019, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by grhmw
They will just tell me it works as designed just like they tell me they can’t find anything wrong with the power steering fluid that keeps going low, having to add power steering fluid it. I have topped it off from the low mark 3 times and I only have 14k miles on it. I hate the car, Only reason I am still driving it is because I am a little upside down on it.
Have your repair guy add some dye to the power steering res. The resulting leak will show up with a black light. Then go to your dealer. No need to take a haircut on this car, over just a leak in the P/S.
Old 03-08-2019, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by grhmw
Come on …. the Auto seat positioner system fails in your car and the dealership says that's as designed. It failed and that's what it's supposed to do. The PS system has a leak and they can't find it. Time for you to get a new service department. Both of those problems are easily fixable.
Old 03-08-2019, 05:10 PM

I think because you enabled Nissan Connect that it displays which key is in the car. I don't think it actually triggers anything on my
SR