8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Nissan Maxima Platinum stolen

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2019, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by wild *****
That depends on the car......A maxima.....Altima...rogue.....I agree. GTR.....imma shoot you
i owned two GT-R’s. Some gang banger keyed the first one six weeks in.
jail isn’t worth the satisfaction of another —— man.
Old 05-05-2019, 08:37 AM

I live in a pretty quiet rural neighborhood, however I sleep with two different key fobs on my night stand and my 357 within reach. If I hear things outside I set of the cars panic alarms and energize the outside security lighting. Nothing discourages the night perps more than bright lights and noise. If they still want to steal the car or truck I let them, I will be not stick my head outside inviting a gun fight over a car. I'll let the folks at 911 deal with it.
The 357 is only for in the house perps if I feel my life is in danger.

Luckily I've never had to use either.
Old 05-07-2019, 05:22 PM

Talking

Originally Posted by 240tomax
The thought of owning a S&W 38 to have to protect our homes and lives, let alone shooting someone to stop them from stealing your vehicle, seems so foreign to most of us in Canada. I invite all Maxima.org members to come visit a kinder and friendlier Canada.
...Kinder and Friendlier Canada as in like the shooter in Ottawa that killed a bunch of people because no one, inlcuding the COPS, had any guns to defend themselves and stop the Shooter...???

NO THANKS. Hahahahaha!!!!!
Old 05-07-2019, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by MY ALT Z
...Kinder and Friendlier Canada as in like the shooter in Ottawa that killed a bunch of people because no one, inlcuding the COPS, had any guns to defend themselves and stop the Shooter...???

NO THANKS. Hahahahaha!!!!!
Law enforcement in Canada do carry guns...like I said, I don't care to live in a country where the majority of people have to carry a gun to defend themselves or their property. I love the USA and visit regularly, but the idea of a gun at my bedside to defend my family is rather sad.
Old 05-07-2019, 05:58 PM

Law enforcement in Canada do carry guns...like I said, I don't care to live in a country where the majority of people have to carry a gun to defend themselves or their property. I love the USA and visit regularly, but the idea of a gun at my bedside to defend my family is rather sad.

Not these RCMP Officers.or Military Guards... 2014 Parliament Shootings/Car Attacks

To Quote one of our Great Founding Men " Those who Trade Freedom for Security, Deserve None" (Ben Franklin)

The idea of being Lambs to the Slaughter, while feigning Moral Superiority, is rather Sadder Still.

Last Post I'm going to do on this. To Each (Country) his own.
Old 05-08-2019, 06:07 AM

sorry to hear this OP, any updates on how u made out? this must feel so violating ! but at least it can be replaced (in some way or another)
Old 05-08-2019, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by MY ALT Z

Not these RCMP Officers.or Military Guards... 2014 Parliament Shootings/Car Attacks

To Quote one of our Great Founding Men " Those who Trade Freedom for Security, Deserve None" (Ben Franklin)

The idea of being Lambs to the Slaughter, while feigning Moral Superiority, is rather Sadder Still.

Last Post I'm going to do on this. To Each (Country) his own.
Look at the number of people in the USA who die as a result of a firearm each year, per 1 million people, compared to Canada. Your so called "freedom", which involves having to have a gun at your side 24/7comes at a very high human price. In Canada we have far less carnage as a result of guns cause you can't legally pack them around.
Old 05-08-2019, 11:22 AM

<<Look at the number of people in the USA who die as a result of a firearm each year, per 1 million people, compared to Canada. Your so called "freedom", which involves having to have a gun at your side 24/7comes at a very high human price. In Canada we have far less carnage as a result of guns cause you can't legally pack them around.>>

I'm 100% in agreement with you even though I am a US citizen (although born and raised in Europe which is probably why I am not indoctrinated by this guns=freedom horse****). But you will never get anywhere with your argument in front of a gun lover in this country. Logic and reality do not exist when it comes to guns, for them. It's like a mental disease, fueled by many decades of mindless gun and "freedom" propaganda which choose, time and time again, to ignore the thousands of innocent people dead because of this irrational, unconditional love for guns.
Old 05-08-2019, 05:35 PM

Say what? Their is just above 30K gun related death's in AMERICA per year 20K are self inflicted, that means just over 10k Murders per year or 13k to be exact. 80% of those murders are Drug /gang related leaving roughly 3,500 Homocides a year in AMERICA with a population of roughly 350 Million people so please explain how is their a gun problem in AMERICA?
Old 05-08-2019, 05:37 PM

Look at the number of people in the USA who die as a result of a firearm each year, per 1 million people, compared to Canada. Your so called "freedom", which involves having to have a gun at your side 24/7comes at a very high human price. In Canada we have far less carnage as a result of guns cause you can't legally pack them around.

Say what? Their is just above 30K gun related death's in AMERICA per year 20K are self inflicted, that means just over 10k Murders per year or 13k to be exact. 80% of those murders are Drug /gang related leaving roughly 3,500 Homocides a year in AMERICA with a population of roughly 350 Million people so please explain how is their a gun problem in AMERICA?

Old 05-08-2019, 05:57 PM

Oscar,

So sorry to hear about your car being stolen. Must be gut-wrenching and devastating.

I traded in my Maxima years ago but still come here to see what's going on in the community. I don't know if there is a tracking mechanism in Nissan vehicles. I recently purchased a used 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee. FCA has an app for their vehicles called UConnect. One of the services they provide is a vehicle locator. It's $149 a year but they had a promotion for 50% off for a year. Needless to say, I bought it. If Nissan doesn't provide a recovery service, they should.
Old 05-08-2019, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by bones787718
So the takeaway from that is gun owners are in greater danger from themselves than criminals?

As for the fob issue, an old school hidden ignition kill switch seems like a good idea. Ruins the remote start option but better than a stolen Max.

Last edited by jommbi; 05-08-2019 at 06:21 PM.
Old 05-08-2019, 07:11 PM

My anti-theft device is pretty simple.
I spliced an electric wire from the house and attached it to the frame of the car

Old 05-10-2019, 12:11 PM

I have the PERFECT car theft deterrent idea but it would necessitate me becoming an expert at handling angry cobras. Back in the 80s I had a VW GTI. I had a garage but for some reason, one night I left it in the parking lot at the end of my apartment building. About 11 PM, a neighbor knocked on my door and said "I think some kids are messing with your car". I grabbed my aluminum softball bat out of the closet and ran downstairs. As I came out the door, they ran to their GTI (identical in every way to mine) at the end of the lot and their only escape was right by me. Got their hood and windshield good, both probably needed replacement. About a week later, just by sheer stupid luck, i saw the same GTI parked at a business. Got the plate number and filed a report. I also got it on record so that if anything happened to mine down the road, probably them. I hated bashing another GTI like that but hey, message sent.

Last edited by 17MaxSR; 05-10-2019 at 12:23 PM.
Old 05-10-2019, 12:35 PM

Talking

Originally Posted by 17MaxSR
I have the PERFECT car theft deterrent idea but it would necessitate me becoming an expert at handling angry cobras. Back in the 80s I had a VW GTI. I had a garage but for some reason, one night I left it in the parking lot at the end of my apartment building. About 11 PM, a neighbor knocked on my door and said "I think some kids are messing with your car". I grabbed my aluminum softball bat out of the closet and ran downstairs. As I came out the door, they ran to their GTI (identical in every way to mine) at the end of the lot and their only escape was right by me. Got their hood and windshield good, both probably needed replacement. About a week later, just by sheer stupid luck, i saw the same GTI parked at a business. Got the plate number and filed a report. I also got it on record so that if anything happened to mine down the road, probably them. I hated bashing another GTI like that but hey, message sent.
Lol. Great story. I hope your bat wasn’t damaged. Also hope they followed up on the report and the “kids” paid some consequences.
Old 05-10-2019, 12:42 PM

Cheaper replacing the bat than the car. I was REALLY poor back then, that GTI was my only asset worth a damn. I think they were just going to steal parts off of it, those GTI's had black plastic fender flares that were a hot stolen item and of course, the mags, which I DID lose a year later. Bastards didn't even leave it on blocks, it was sitting on the frame & discs. Wasn't the same guys that got my wheels, I was in a whole other city.
Old 11-18-2020, 12:38 AM

Sad to hear about your loss.
Thank God its safe here in Dubai to park your car anywhere in the permitted parking zones.
hopefully the insurance company will pay you 90% of the new value of car.
Old 11-18-2020, 07:30 AM

240tomax: You mean your thieves, rapists, and the like are kinder in Canada, or do you mean you treat these bottom dwellers with more kindness?