8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Eibach Rear Spring install issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2019, 08:24 AM

Eibach Rear Spring install issues

Hopefully someone can help me out here... I'm installing the Eibach lowering springs on my 2017 SR, and for the life of me I cannot get the rear springs to pop out of the control arm. I have loosened everything I can tell to loosen, and even put a spring compressor on the spring but I just can't get enough play to pull it down. Can anyone see anything I am missing in the below pictures?

Old 05-13-2019, 12:10 PM

Been reading up, and everywhere I see everyone says the rear is the easiest part... but I just can't seem to get the Control Arm to move down enough to remove tension on the spring. Any ideas? Could the end link being attached keep it from moving? None of the guides I've seen suggest un doing it.
Old 05-13-2019, 01:41 PM

You're almost there bud, let me find you my install video.
Old 05-13-2019, 01:44 PM

Here you go

Old 05-13-2019, 01:50 PM

Do not forget to preload your suspension before tightening all the bolts.

Old 05-13-2019, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by kasdepwel
So the only thing different is I'm not using the lever to pull the control arm down. Could that be the difference? I don't have access to one.
Old 05-13-2019, 02:08 PM

U need to cut one of your spring compressors rod and mount it inside in the shortest part of the spring and grab as many coils as you can.
You might be able to get away without a hoist.

I did this job at least ten time and its the most effective way to do it.

You might able able to do that with a strap binder also instead of the hoist you do not need to pull a lot.
Old 05-15-2019, 02:45 PM

You took WAY too much stuff off.. Just take the lower arm bolt out with a jack under it.. lower it down slowly.. Pull the arm down all the way.. You don't need a spring compressor... Just use some strength and pull the spring out.. Its a 30 min job for the rear springs install..
Old 05-15-2019, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Nmax5150
You took WAY too much stuff off.. Just take the lower arm bolt out with a jack under it.. lower it down slowly.. Pull the arm down all the way.. You don't need a spring compressor... Just use some strength and pull the spring out.. Its a 30 min job for the rear springs install..
Lol no way you can do that without a spring compressor. Even with the a-arm at the lowest point, the spring is still compressed 3-4 inches.

This **** ain’t anything like the 7th gen.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by kasdepwel
Lol no way you can do that without a spring compressor. Even with the a-arm at the lowest point, the spring is still compressed 3-4 inches.

This **** ain’t anything like the 7th gen.
Wheel Locks, Exposed - Nissan (999W2-JT000)

Lol... Okay... .. Like I SAID it takes strength..... I have squatted 900lbs.. So I don't have any issues there..lol..
Old 05-16-2019, 02:53 PM

So I finally got the spring out of one side, but I am having issues getting the new one in. If I don't install the top rubber boot I could probably make it fit, but I worry about ride quality/sound without that boot. I'm thinking my issue is that by not mounting the compressor inside the spring I am making the spring bow too much to one side. I just have to take my compressors to a friend that has a cutting wheel so I can shorten the shaft.
Old 02-07-2020, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Zatrekaz
So I finally got the spring out of one side, but I am having issues getting the new one in. If I don't install the top rubber boot I could probably make it fit, but I worry about ride quality/sound without that boot. I'm thinking my issue is that by not mounting the compressor inside the spring I am making the spring bow too much to one side. I just have to take my compressors to a friend that has a cutting wheel so I can shorten the shaft.
I know this is old but I just wanted to share a little trick. when doing this you really need to pull down the control arms with the chain or cable hoist pretty far to the point where the brake hose is almost being pulled on. personally I couldn’t get the spring compressor inside of the spring, the brand i was using had bigger blocks than the one hes using in the youtube video. so I had to use two on the outside. It sucks but you gotta find the best 2 points to grab for each one. Eventually youll get them out just be patient.

Also for getting the new ones in i didnt even use the compressors. I was able to push them down by hand and squeeze em in under the rubber mounts. This is due to them being a lot shorter than stock. Just make sure to reuse the plastic bottom mount and position the spring correctly in the control arm, it can only sit one way.
Old 03-11-2021, 04:23 AM

BUMP I NEED HELP

I just got this kit installed.

The rear springs were installed with the logo facing down.

Eibach states logo up.

mechanical say he couldn’t fit the springs with the logo up.

Rides perfect but front is slighter lower.

anyone riding with the rear springs logo down ?????