8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

Any high mileage 8th gen owners here? How’s your car chugging along so far?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2024, 10:46 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Goldpanda94
I'll update from my post a few years ago,

My 2017 SL is now at 140,000 miles. Nothing major so far. CVT fluid every 30k miles. Did the spark plugs at 110k. My control arms or something is starting to wear (or so my dealer says)

I do think my alternator is showing some signs of needing to be replaced though. There was one instance of me losing power on the highway with no acceleration so I pulled over and then I turned off my car and then it wouldn't turn on again. Got a jump, changed the battery and it was fine but the battery warning light flashes on and off sometimes under medium to hard acceleration. Then it goes away. This happens every so often.

I recently got a Miata so will be daily driving that so the Maxima probably won't be growing in miles alot going forward.
don’t want to jinx you but your alternator may go out soon, mine just went out while I was driving, I’ll notice a sluggish start but I’ll drive then it will just literally stop accelerating the battery light and some other lights pop up. Car will idle roll but no acceleration. It’s happened 3 times within a little less then 2 year span. Replaced with o Reilly’s re man alternator. One lasted 8 months the other lasted 10 months. The third one was put on about a week ago from today and I went ahead and put a new o Reilly’s one on there (still under warranty just had to pay the difference). Hopefully this one doesn’t go out, I’ve seen some people say on here they had this same issue I’m having and they replaced it with an OEM one and the issue was resolved. Not sure what it is but hopefully it’s just a parts issue and not an electrical issue. Hope this can help you out
Old Today, 08:17 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

My 2016 maxima SL is at 285K and going for 300k. Highest mileage I ever got on a car, and maybe the best car i ever owned.