All Motor All Motor Advanced Performance. Talk about Engine Swaps, Internal Engine work. Not your basic Y pipe and Intake Information.

Greddy EU install, need help.

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 11:26 AM
Made in Taiwan

Greddy EU install, need help.

Got the wideband in my 3.5 swap today.

Nick liked that little guage gadget, so I let him take it off to borrow for 2 weeks so he can look at his Honda's A/F. He plugged the bung with a cap scew. So, that's about it for the WB for now.

I've been reading up on the EU installs, Got a good feeling of what's going on. But I'm very unsure on the jumper settings inside. This EU I bought was used, and it was used by a Mitsu Turbo Eclipse before. So I'm sure my jumpers need to be re-done. Anyone can help? I need all jumper settings known.

Also, what software versions will definitely work this EU with our cars? I have the 2.0, but need to know if this would already be okay...
Old 08-23-2006, 11:46 AM
SomePsychoGuy

v2.0 is the best for our cars as it can read our crank sensors.
I think we should have the jumpers as they came from Greddy, but the guy you bought it from might have changed it as you said.
Old 08-23-2006, 01:30 PM
Made in Taiwan

Originally Posted by SPiG
v2.0 is the best for our cars as it can read our crank sensors.
I think we should have the jumpers as they came from Greddy, but the guy you bought it from might have changed it as you said.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was worried about. I did go throught the manual a little bit, but they are a little vague on the jumper setting descriptions. So I hope someone here can point out all the exact jumper settings for our cars so I can do it right without messing anything up...
Old 08-23-2006, 01:52 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

ok good, so now when i install my EU, you're gonna help me, right?

oh yeah, i will have it one day...
Old 08-23-2006, 04:33 PM
3.5 in the works

For the 3.0 ECU/sensors the jumpers will normally be:

JP1 to JP6 - default (OPEN)
JP7 & JP8 - default (1-2)
JP9 - default (OPEN)
JP10 - change to 2-3 if using auxiliary output (eg - as an rpm switch or relay driver)
JP11 & JP12 - default (OPEN), if using pressure sensor or WB
JP13 & JP14 - change to 1-2 if using for air and/or water temp, otherwise default (OPEN) for KS
JP15 - default (1-2)
JP16 - default (OPEN), generally not applicable to us
JP17 - default (1-2), generally not applicable to us
JP18 - default (OPEN)
JP19 & JP20 - default (1-2)

Old 08-23-2006, 06:52 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

glad your car is running fine now peter. btw, clear your pm it is full!
Old 08-23-2006, 07:00 PM
Made in Taiwan

Originally Posted by Cumalot
glad your car is running fine now peter. btw, clear your pm it is full!

Yeah, I've just cleared off a few messages, you should be able to send now. Sorry, too many pm's per day, don't have to time arrange and delete.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:02 PM
Made in Taiwan

Originally Posted by DandyMax
For the 3.0 ECU/sensors the jumpers will normally be:

JP1 to JPJP6 - default (OPEN)
JP7 & JP8 - default (1-2)
JP9 - default (OPEN)
JP10 - change to 2-3 if using auxiliary output (eg - as an rpm switch or relay driver)
JP11 & JP12 - default (OPEN), if using pressure sensor or WB
JP13 & JP14 - change to 1-2 if using for air and/or water temp, otherwise default (OPEN) for KS
JP15 - default (1-2)
JP16 - default (OPEN), generally not applicable to us
JP17 - default (1-2), generally not applicable to us
JP18 - default (OPEN)
JP19 & JP20 - default (1-2)

Thanks, Dandy, this really helps a lot. I'm gonna still research before I do the installs. My mechanics borrowed my WB, I don't think I'd install EU till I get it back.

This should give me enough time to master EU installation, lol.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:06 PM
Made in Taiwan

Originally Posted by LA02MAX
ok good, so now when i install my EU, you're gonna help me, right?

oh yeah, i will have it one day...

Yeah, I'll be glad to help. Your car's already a beast. With an EU, I won't be so audacious to challenge you anymore. I'll show up to this week's meet again on Thursday night at 10pm. Hope ya'll to come, too. My car is finally ready.

-Peter-
Old 08-23-2006, 08:21 PM
Made in Taiwan

Dandymax, I have another question...

If I get the EU installed and run the base map and datalog for a while, I'll be able to see the fuel map layout, right? also, advance timing, right?

If so, can I then swap in a jwt ecu and hook up the same settings to datalog to see the fuel map layout and advance timing?

Basically, I want to know if EU can be used to tell the exact mathmatical difference between the jwt and stock ecu by datalogging the two.

Thanks.

-Peter-
Old 08-23-2006, 08:36 PM
3.5 in the works

Originally Posted by GodFather
Dandymax, I have another question...

If I get the EU installed and run the base map and datalog for a while, I'll be able to see the fuel map layout, right? also, advance timing, right?

If so, can I then swap in a jwt ecu and hook up the same settings to datalog to see the fuel map layout and advance timing?

Basically, I want to know if EU can be used to tell the exact mathmatical difference between the jwt and stock ecu by datalogging the two.

Thanks.

-Peter-
I'm assuming when you say base map you mean just running the EU in pass through... ie - not changing the tune but letting the ECU signals for fuel and timing advance go through unaltered. If so, then yes you can run like that and after you datalog your A/F and timing a few times you'll have a pretty good idea of what the stock ECU tune is. You can also do the same thing with the JWT ECU. You won't have to change the EU settings, just swap the ECU's and wait to log until the fuel trims have been learned by the other ECU (which doens't take more than a bit of driving around normally).

However you won't be able to perfectly nail down the EXACT timing curves (and therefore the difference also) between the 2 ECU's because the EU logger is very sensitive and will show even small fluctuations (which can be a good thing sometimes and other times not). But you will be able to get an average/trendline, and a reasonable comparison from that.

Also, perhaps you are already aware of this, but I'll mention it in case you're not: the type of timing logging/comparison you are talking about has already been done with OBD2 scanners and WOT curves posted a few times in the last couple years. A quick search of this forum should find them...
Old 08-23-2006, 08:52 PM
Made in Taiwan

Originally Posted by DandyMax

Also, perhaps you are already aware of this, but I'll mention it in case you're not: the type of timing logging/comparison you are talking about has already been done with OBD2 scanners and WOT curves posted a few times in the last couple years. A quick search of this forum should find them...

Right, I have seen most of those curves already. But I also noticed how JWT gets to douchebag their maps a lot. I've seen different curves from 3 jwt ecu's. It may be mod variation related, but I'm skeptical that jwt does the same fuel map and advance timing for every ecu they send out. This is why I would like to see the difference between my own stock and jwt comparison.

But your explanation is great, I totally understand the proverbial "trend curves" you're talking about. And that's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the help.

-Peter-