All Motor All Motor Advanced Performance. Talk about Engine Swaps, Internal Engine work. Not your basic Y pipe and Intake Information.

Cant get Autotune to work on my EU....

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007 | 07:33 PM
Hella internets

Cant get Autotune to work on my EU....

Well ive been spending the weekend installing and double checking my wires for me EU and jumper harness.

I got it in and i just did my first two data logs in. And i cant seem to get the auto tune to give me a good basemap to tune from.

Here is what i have done:

I set the first dip switch to a/f target (aka autotune) and the second switch to the i/j map

The first run i data loged with the i/j switch off and the target a/f switch ON....i got decent readings but data log needs a good tune wich i was hoping the autotune would help me out with....sigh...

I thought maybe i had to enable the i/j map switch, so i turned that one ON with the target a/f map switch ON as well... I did another data log and for some reason when i pulled it off to look at, i was running stupidly lean all the way to top of 3rd gear (something like 17-18 ).

I set all the target a/f cells to 13.5 pretty much only at WOT to redline
I also set all values in the I/J cells to 0.

From my understanding of dandymax's write up the auto tune is suposed to input the a/f values in the i/j map automatically to get a rough base map based on the target values u input...but its not doing that...Any ideas?

I have done about as much reading as i can for the weekend on this. And i have NEVER tuned before nor do i know much about it...So please forgive me if this is a question that has been answered already as i am 150% n00b to this, please just guide me in the right direction if you dont wana repeat something i have looked over.
Old 07-08-2007 | 09:44 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

No there's a setting in the Vehicle selection screen that says A/F target, you have to set the parameters you want it to start auto tuning at. Water Temp, Throttle percentage, and most importantly what map you want the Auto Tune to adjust

Also, if this is your first time tuning, perhaps you should pay someone to tune it for you and watch what they are doing?? just a thought though..
Old 07-09-2007 | 08:43 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

You'll have to play with the feedback cycle ms and feedback amount %

Shouldn't need to use the dip switches for that. Just set A/F to option 1 or 2depending on which one you have the wideband inputed to and make sure it's set to the proper wideband voltage parameters.
I didn't have much luck with the autotune feature either fwiw
Old 07-09-2007 | 10:12 PM
3.5 in the works

Need more info on your settings to see what's going on... send me the em2 file if you wish. dvrditar at hotmail. com (no spaces)
Old 07-10-2007 | 06:51 PM
Hella internets

Yea i have all the parameters set properly from what i can tell...But who knows this is all new info 2 me so im still learning. as far as paying someone to tune it...it defeats the whole point of me getting the EU, that was my major buying spec was the auto tune feature...

DandyMax I will send you my EM2 file right now, let me know what changes i have to make if any....

thanks for the help btw!

Just sent the file right now from jahoosapheth@gmail.com
Old 07-28-2007 | 07:26 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by XeroX
Yea i have all the parameters set properly from what i can tell...But who knows this is all new info 2 me so im still learning. as far as paying someone to tune it...it defeats the whole point of me getting the EU, that was my major buying spec was the auto tune feature...

DandyMax I will send you my EM2 file right now, let me know what changes i have to make if any....

thanks for the help btw!

Just sent the file right now from jahoosapheth@gmail.com
I had a similar issue. Did you change your parameters from Celsius to Fahrenheit? If so switch back to Celsius and see if it works. I found that when you change your parameters to Fahrenheit, the a/f tuning setup in the vehicle setup area stays in Celsius and does not make the conversion. Because of this your water temp is never right and auto tune never works .