All Motor All Motor Advanced Performance. Talk about Engine Swaps, Internal Engine work. Not your basic Y pipe and Intake Information.

5.5 gen + UpRev Osiris = ECU swap

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 04:46 PM
HR Swap Pioneer

5.5 gen + UpRev Osiris = ECU swap

Well i've been working on this for a longggg time. Im finally making this thread ive been meaning to for a while I really should of from the start. This is a big deal for us 5.5 genners. I need help tho, id really like to see this fully working. So I KNOW there are some great people on here, lets see if we can make Maxima History!

Background, UpRev is the company that makes Osiris, Osiris is a program that is flashed onto a Engine Computer (ECU). Then with Osiris on a ECU you can Tune the ecu to do many different things that are not possible before. This is done through their software, and a obd2 to usb cable.

I have the Full version of Osiris, the Tuner version. That includes one flash license and all features and my own obd2 to usb cable.

Osiris Features:

Up to 5 maps on cruise control
Speed Limiter control
Rev Limiter
AFR Targets
Ignition Timing Advance
MAF transfer function
Injector Latency
Intake Temp
Minimum effective injector pulse with
idle rpm
Electronic Throttle Control to acheive WOT at all speeds
DTC Disable
Fuel Compensation
Cam Phasing
Cranking Enrichment and Ignition Advance
K Fuel Multiplier
Calculated Load vs RPM
And NATS disable IMPORTANT for ECU swapping!!!

So all in all Osiris is really like a piggyback tuner system that uses the stock ECU. Sweeeeet Right?

So how do you get osiris into the 5.5 gen max??? WELLLL the stock 5.5 gen ECU does not support osiris. ahhhh failllllllll. My plan was to completely swap out the 5.5 gen ecu and run a Newer style ecu that osiris works with.

What ECUs does Osiris work with? That would be for the most part the ecus that have the BLACK connector YES YES that infamous BLACK ECU connector that totally SHUTS THE 5.5 gen out of all tuning options. 2004 + Maxima, 2005 + Altima, All 350Z, Most G35's thats the main ones.

Here is something important. 5.5 gen maximas have Factory NARROWBAND o2 sensors, only the 2003-2004.5 350z and G35 have this also. SO these ECUs can work with factory maxima o2 sensors, IF you get a ECU that came from a car with FACTORY WIDE BAND o2 sensors which are a huge advantage when tuning with osiris. YOU WILL NEED A AFR to TUNE WITH. I'm still experimenting with Narrowband vs Wideband ECUs and which to really use. Right now i do NOT have a answer as to which is the best to use.

OK moving along. Ive got a ECU now, Now ive made a Harness that adapted my maxima ecu harness to the NEW BLACK ECU i have. Wow i wish it was that simple plug in this harness and use the new ecu and bam your tuning! Well its FAR FAR FAR FAR FROM that easy!

Differences between 5.5 ecu and Black connector ecu: The numbers is the pin location in the harness.

18 Sends Coolant Temp to gauge cluster as 0-12 volts
21 Controls the AC Relay
24 and 24 are for Cruise control LAMPS CRUISE AND SET
30 AC Cut signal
33 MIL (check engine light)
34 Tachometer output to gauge cluster
35 Cooling fan low
36 Cooling fan high
45 AC Swith signal
64 APP sensor 2 power supply 2.5v
68 Vehicle speed sensor

These are things that the Black ecu does NOT support. The Black ecu does things a little different

It sends coolant temp , cruise control, MIL, Tach, and speed sensor over CAN lines, that’s CAN High and CAN LOW.

It also does not control the AC at all. This Is done through the BCM.

The Maxima APP sensor 2 uses 2.5 volts as power supply rather than 5 volts. Why I have no idea, but the black ecu does not supply 2.5 volts to app 2. just 5 volts to app1 and app2.

So the question is using the max ecu to control those few functions and black ecu to run the motor. Is that insane? Is that too much trouble? Is it possible? It is kind of crazy to use 2 ecu’s in one car. But someone’s gotta try it!!!!

So what I done to start with was. Made a harness that used the 5.5 ecu to control only those few functions that where needed. I used the Black connector ecu to run the motor basically at that time I was using a 03 350z ecu. It worked pretty good. One main issue was Coolant temp. If I had the coolant temp sensor hooked to the maxima ecu the rad fans would work fine, and the 5.5 temp gauge would work right. BUT the car would run badly due to the black ecu not knowing engine temp. So if I hooked to the black ecu it ran good but not fans and no gauge worked. AND if I hooked to both it changed the resistance of the coolant temp sensor and it made the gauge read wrong so the fans never came on and the car ran like crap. I believe if I added a second coolant temp sensor that would be solved. One sensor for each ecu.

Well after that there was another problem, if was driving and came to a stop the car would cut off every time. Just die out, I realized it was because the black ecu did not know how fast I was going. No speed input. BAD NEWS the black ecu only receives speed input from CAN Lines from the gauge cluster. Well 5.5 max cluster does not touch CAN at all. So I got a gauge cluster that uses CAN. The one that actually fits in 5.5 max is from a SENTRA. But it’s a 4 cyl, so I don’t think the TACH will be correct but I haven’t even tested it yet. IT SHOULD work just fine from the research. Then I though maybe I can ditch the 5.5 ecu if im going to swap clusters!

So Currently this is where im at:

Sentra gauge cluster, working on a speed sensor to give speed to the gauge cluster.

Ive got a 04 maxima ECU that has factory widebands, haven’t fully hooked them up yet.

I’ll need to find a aftermarket cooling fan controller, I don’t that that will be too bad.

I need to supply APP 2 2.5 volts OR SWAP to a different Pedal Position sensor.

Need to figure out AC functions and how to do them without the 5.5 ecu.

Conclusion, ive about gave up on this, due to it’s a LOT LOT of work. Meanwhile I could of got a Haltech, made a patch harness and had it working easy. And haltech is top of the line. Thing about it is the pricetag. BUT im figuring out that for the 5.5 gen a ECU swap that allows Osiris is really not feasible, it might be worth it to just buy a haltech. I haven’t gave up yet tho! Ultimately id like to get this working without using the 5.5 ecu. I need HELP. I know this post is probably confusing and not clear. Im much better at just talking rather than getting my thoughts down on “paper”. I do believe this type of swap would be IDEAL for swapping a VQ35 into a car it didn’t come stock in. like a 4th gen 3rd gen. Then you would have full tuning , AND could disable NATS so you could use your original ignition key.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:27 PM

whoa i read all that and my head hurts!!! but seriously props to you for doing all that and trying it all! ill def keep checking back to read about your progress
Old 01-09-2011, 10:27 PM

Good luck. There is hopr for us. I dont have a ts ecu and already miss it. Keep us posted.

How did u get by the nats?

I do know some remote start bypass systems such as flash logic and xpress vip intergrates into can systems and on some cars it can pull tach and maybe some otherthings. I do not recall. Im sure someone can reverse engineer it to send the signal back over thru can if we needed too.

You sound like your doing well so far. Lot of work. I have much experience with remote starts but that doesnt sound like it would help much with the point you are at.

What doesnt make sense to me is that you would think all these sensors start off as a pulse or voltage reading on a sensor then changing to digital can. Wouldnt we be able to find out where this transformation takes place and replicate it with our current sensors. I doubt a can systems sensors send out can signals and if it did then maybe we can use those sensors. Maybe we can bring over other things from a can car we may need including a bcm? Also The AC Cut may be the rev the engine a lil more cuz the ac is on line due to the extra load on the engine.

Please correct me if I am wrong with any of this. I have taken much from this forum and I thought I would give my thoughts on this in support for a very big important project that all of us would greatly appreciate.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:52 AM

This might be a bit off topic but it also might help and covers some things you already stated.

When I did a i35 gauge cluster swap into my 5.5gen, I also ran into the issue with the tach. The solution to that was to use an additional speed sensor ( the auto trans has a plug for it to mount but dont know about a 6spd trans ) and by doing that it solved the issue. The thing is that the i35 also uses the CAN system on it as well. However i totally do not remember if i had issues with the coolent temp and how i hooked it up. But it still works to this day. lol

As far as the fans go, you can always get something like this
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HFM-ZFSWFK/
which basically kicks the fans on at 180 degrees.

I am more curious about the app 1 and the app 2 sensors though. It is not possible to make the maxima ones work?

Out of curiosity though, would it have been pointless to swap over to the 350z engine harness and go from there?

BTW do not give up on this.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:42 AM
HR Swap Pioneer

Originally Posted by NismoAce
Good luck. There is hopr for us. I dont have a ts ecu and already miss it. Keep us posted.

How did u get by the nats?

I do know some remote start bypass systems such as flash logic and xpress vip intergrates into can systems and on some cars it can pull tach and maybe some otherthings. I do not recall. Im sure someone can reverse engineer it to send the signal back over thru can if we needed too.

You sound like your doing well so far. Lot of work. I have much experience with remote starts but that doesnt sound like it would help much with the point you are at.

What doesnt make sense to me is that you would think all these sensors start off as a pulse or voltage reading on a sensor then changing to digital can. Wouldnt we be able to find out where this transformation takes place and replicate it with our current sensors. I doubt a can systems sensors send out can signals and if it did then maybe we can use those sensors. Maybe we can bring over other things from a can car we may need including a bcm? Also The AC Cut may be the rev the engine a lil more cuz the ac is on line due to the extra load on the engine.

Please correct me if I am wrong with any of this. I have taken much from this forum and I thought I would give my thoughts on this in support for a very big important project that all of us would greatly appreciate.

NATS was disabled by using a Osiris ROM that disables it. that was really easy hah uprev done all of that work!

Originally Posted by Shift_Max
This might be a bit off topic but it also might help and covers some things you already stated.

When I did a i35 gauge cluster swap into my 5.5gen, I also ran into the issue with the tach. The solution to that was to use an additional speed sensor ( the auto trans has a plug for it to mount but dont know about a 6spd trans ) and by doing that it solved the issue. The thing is that the i35 also uses the CAN system on it as well. However i totally do not remember if i had issues with the coolent temp and how i hooked it up. But it still works to this day. lol

As far as the fans go, you can always get something like this
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HFM-ZFSWFK/
which basically kicks the fans on at 180 degrees.

I am more curious about the app 1 and the app 2 sensors though. It is not possible to make the maxima ones work?

Out of curiosity though, would it have been pointless to swap over to the 350z engine harness and go from there?

BTW do not give up on this.

Hmm im not sure why a i35 gauge cluster is different. Per FSM EL-129 its basically the same as 5.5 gen. CAN lines do not run to the gauge cluster.

Its possible to make the APP work fine but illl need a 2.5 volt supply for APP2 that the black ecu does not provide. For this it might be best to swap to a different APP sensor that uses 5v for both supply

That rad fan controller is what im thinking too, should be simple to hookup. its one of the smaller issues but still a issue.

Yes it would of been pointless to swap over a 350z harness, for one a z harness is RWD, if anything a FWD black ecu harness but even then i dont think so, because it would of left stuff like the rad fans with no where to plug into. at least now i have the wires ran into the car from my factory harness.

The adapter harness ive made works just fine, there is really no need to get a whole new engine harness. Its just a matter of getting it all working together. Who knows eventually this might become a nice lil swap.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:54 AM

Would swapping the maxima app sensors with the 350z app sensors do the trick then?
As far as the fans actually go, they are from the maxima ecu through the fusebox on the drivers side and then directly to the fans.
And for the tach, just get a speed sensor and hook it up directly to the cluster. BTW that year sentra did you get the cluster from?

Also there is another member attempting a similar swap as well so you are not alone.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:59 AM
HR Swap Pioneer

Would swapping the maxima app sensors with the 350z app sensors do the trick then?
As far as the fans actually go, they are from the maxima ecu through the fusebox on the drivers side and then directly to the fans.
And for the tach, just get a speed sensor and hook it up directly to the cluster. BTW that year sentra did you get the cluster from?

Also there is another member attempting a similar swap as well so you are not alone.

Yep bascally any app sensor that used 5v for both . problem then is fitting it into the maxima as they are a lil diff.

the tach is not effected by the speed sensor. the speedometer is but yes, ive got a speed sensor coming.

cluster is from a 05 spec v.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:03 AM

Goodluck I'll be watching this closely.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:12 AM
HR Swap Pioneer

Originally Posted by ajcool2
Goodluck I'll be watching this closely.
thx, right now im focused on swapping into 5.5 gen. but it could be a nice swap for VQ35's into 4th gens too like that guy on NYC max.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by SurraTT
thx, right now im focused on swapping into 5.5 gen. but it could be a nice swap for VQ35's into 4th gens too like that guy on NYC max.
Yeah heres the link just for everyone elses reference. Ive been following his thread for a while. Im sure one of you will get it working eventually. JUST DONT GIVE UP LOL.

http://www.nycmaximas.org/showthread.php?t=37227&page=9
Old 01-10-2011, 11:17 AM
HR Swap Pioneer

Haha ya, its just weird doing all of this work on a 5.5 thats Vq35 stock. hhahaha.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:52 AM
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS MEMBER - OWES PEOPLE MONEY

Haha ya, its just weird doing all of this work on a 5.5 thats Vq35 stock. hhahaha.
Yeah you should have used mine for your prototype
Old 01-10-2011, 03:44 PM
HR Swap Pioneer

Originally Posted by sparks03max
Yeah you should have used mine for your prototype

haha then ur car would of been down for a while now ahahh
Old 01-10-2011, 04:36 PM

haha then ur car would of been down for a while now ahahh
That's what I have the POS truck for!
Old 01-10-2011, 06:08 PM
HR Swap Pioneer

haha yepp ive got a 92 hardbody that ive been driving
Old 01-12-2011, 11:38 AM
HR Swap Pioneer

just got my speed sensor, from what i can tell any speed sensor will work as long as its 250 ohm, and .5 volts.

Now depending on what transmission you have the speed sensor might matter, a 6 speed trans, even a factory one from a 5.5 gen has teeth on the FD for a speed sensor even tho 5.5 dont have one.

I opted to get a 4th gen speed sensor because it came with a short harness and will make wiring it easier. I just tested it out, its a 2 pin sensor one wire to the gauge cluster, one wire to ground BAM this has been one of the easy points of this swap. I even hooked it to my drill and make sure it worked.

Vid.

wow sorry its sooo dark, i need better lighting in the garage!!! but u get the idea u can see the speedo

Now to see how it fits in my transmission. The calibration might be off, im not sure, If i HAVE to get a 6 speed trans speed sensor i will. At least ive got a speed of some sort if its off a little i wont care.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:57 PM
HR Swap Pioneer

speed sensor is in, snapped in just perfect!!!

more pics

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink
Old 01-12-2011, 02:40 PM
HR Swap Pioneer

speed sensor is now wired up, bottom pin is ground, i grounded right to trans case. the top pin goes to gauge cluster, i ran one wire from the sensor to inside the car, ready to hook to the gauge cluster.

awaiting my new APP sensor, 5 volts both supply, i think its going to bolt and plug up exactly the same, its just the sensor supply volts is different... go figure.

i'm going to go back to a 03 04 350z ecu because i dont want to mess with factory widebands right this moment, they are a whole lot better for tuning in osiris, but i want to get it running b4 trying to fully tune anyway.

Progress!!!!!!!
Old 01-13-2011, 04:15 AM

That is great news about the speed sensor. One less thing to worry about now.

What car is the app sensor from?
Old 01-13-2011, 08:07 AM
HR Swap Pioneer

That is great news about the speed sensor. One less thing to worry about now.

What car is the app sensor from?

Yeah i hope its the right "calibration" considering its for a 4th gen automatic tranny lol, if its off ill pick one up for my 6spd trans, the wiring and plug is in place so its not too big of a deal if i have to switch em out.

I WAS wanting to get a APP from 6th gen max but its crazy its all plastic and the sensor is built into the whole pedal, nothing like the 5.5. So i went with a 350z its actually very close , ill get it in the mail this sat, from what i can tell tho it MIGHT be a direct swap, unbolt my stock one, bolt the z one , plug it in. IF not ill just swap the APP sensors over.

Ill def post pics comparing the 2. It would be a nice break to have them swap right out easily.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:06 AM
Chocolate_Boi_1Der

been wondering if you were making any progress on this. lookin good.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:04 PM
HR Swap Pioneer

just swapped APP sensors to the 350z one, that uses 5 v as both supply.

ya im making progress, going to be a pretty nice once its all done

Last edited by SurraTT; 01-16-2011 at 06:11 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:40 AM

Nice. Keep the updates coming
Old 01-17-2011, 01:41 PM

<3
Old 01-17-2011, 04:00 PM

Thumbs up

VERY Awesome project!
I have a early 2003 G35 Sedan (02/02 build date) and my car has a similar, non-osiris compatible ECU.
There's a couple threads on G35Driver about doing a project similar to yours, but it seems nobody there has the guts to do it.
I would, if I had a 2nd vehicle.

Anyway, major props to you for taking on this project, and I'll be looking forward to your updates.

It seems that the G has the CAN system more like the newer ones, so maybe our swap will be easier, IDK.

If you ever need some info about the early G sedan, or someone to test a sensor or something, just let me know and I'd be glad to do whatever to help out.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:46 PM
HR Swap Pioneer

Nice. Keep the updates coming

Will do!

Originally Posted by NFSP G35
VERY Awesome project!
I have a early 2003 G35 Sedan (02/02 build date) and my car has a similar, non-osiris compatible ECU.
There's a couple threads on G35Driver about doing a project similar to yours, but it seems nobody there has the guts to do it.
I would, if I had a 2nd vehicle.

Anyway, major props to you for taking on this project, and I'll be looking forward to your updates.

It seems that the G has the CAN system more like the newer ones, so maybe our swap will be easier, IDK.

If you ever need some info about the early G sedan, or someone to test a sensor or something, just let me know and I'd be glad to do whatever to help out.

Hey man! I'm the same guy thats posting on the G forums. same username.

Ill have it working for you early g sedans, i just need a test vehicle with someone willing to buy a ecu, and such.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:06 PM

LMAO! I didn't notice your username, I guess I just saw the 4DSC in your ava and assumed that was it!

I'd buy an ECU, I just can't afford to buy an ECU and Osiris without knowing it will work.

I'm looking around at other solutions for disabling/bypassing NATS, but from what I've read so far, it looks like the best way to do that is just to "hardwire" in a key that's paired to the new ECM.

Only thing about that is, IIRC the NATS system in the 03.0 G is quite a bit different than the newer ones. I'll have to look through the FSM to make sure though.

--edit: One thought I had... would it be possible to drive to the dealer on my existing ECU, swap to the newer ECU and let them register my current keys in the new ECU, then swap back?

Last edited by NFSP G35; 01-17-2011 at 05:14 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:16 PM
HR Swap Pioneer

LMAO! I didn't notice your username, I guess I just saw the 4DSC in your ava and assumed that was it!

I'd buy an ECU, I just can't afford to buy an ECU and Osiris without knowing it will work.

I'm looking around at other solutions for disabling/bypassing NATS, but from what I've read so far, it looks like the best way to do that is just to "hardwire" in a key that's paired to the new ECM.

Only thing about that is, IIRC the NATS system in the 03.0 G is quite a bit different than the newer ones. I'll have to look through the FSM to make sure though.

Hahah yeah, when i seen that (very technical) thread on the g forums i was hoping to see someone working on it, but the answer of it wont work, gotta rewire the car, kinda made me

thats the thing with the early G IT MIGHT be possible to configure nats to work with the old ecu. if i didnt work you could do the $300 osiris and disable nats with it. you would not HAVE to do the $500 or $700. but the $300 would be the minimum, i just went ahead and got the full tuner package.

i'm not sure on your location, but if someone was close to me, they would not have to buy anything i could just use mine. But id really like to find someone that wants to do this swap, im offering to make the adapter harness for free.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:18 PM
HR Swap Pioneer

oh ok now i see ur in FL. wann come up to NC??

--edit: One thought I had... would it be possible to drive to the dealer on my existing ECU, swap to the newer ECU and let them register my current keys in the new ECU, then swap back?

Yep thats exactly what i was thinking. IF IF the black connector ecu did accept the nats reprogram and your keys worked you could drive home on the new ecu. now that would be totally SWEEEEEEEEETTTTT but if not you would have to bypass nats. Thats something i wont be 100% sure till someone tries it!

Edit, id LOVE to get my hands on a consult II. !!! haha
Old 01-17-2011, 05:26 PM

^Wouldn't we all!

My Aunt has a place in Robbinsville. I'll be up there during ZDayZ
Old 01-17-2011, 08:39 PM
HR Swap Pioneer

Ok so i made this diagram for the sentra cluster.

on page DI-12 it has somewhat of a schematic wires 15, 47, 45, 44, 46 i haven't found what they are yet. I need to go through more pages of the fsm, but its quite a task.

But i matched them up to my 5.5 and have all the wires i need , so im not sure why those few pins i cant find what they are.

Anyways here it is.

Link for fullsize

Last edited by SurraTT; 01-18-2011 at 08:34 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:19 AM

Keep up the good work. I am anxious to see the final result
Old 01-18-2011, 08:32 PM
HR Swap Pioneer

Here is the 5.5 cluster wiring, i found every wire in my car, and pretty sure i got all the at wires also.

link for fullsize

Things are really coming together, awaiting my yet another ecu arrival ahah. I'm going back to a 03 04 Z ecu due to factory narrowband sensors. That for now, it MIGHT use the 04 maxima ecu with factory widebands, but id really like to have a gauge, and im not sure on hooking up to factory sensors due to throwing the reading off.

Im very anxious to see how this sentra cluster works, im still thinking the tach will work fine, but wont know till i really try it!

Last edited by SurraTT; 01-19-2011 at 08:05 AM.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:44 PM

What did you do about the 2.5v vs 5v APP sensor issue?

I did some digging in the 03 G35 FSM, and found out the older G35 also has the 2.5v APP.

By the way, if you haven't already done so, you might want to grab the EC section of a 03 G35 Sedan FSM. It has both computer systems in it, and a crapload of data on both of them.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:52 PM
HR Swap Pioneer

just swapped APP sensors to the 350z one, that uses 5 v as both supply.

ya im making progress, going to be a pretty nice once its all done

What did you do about the 2.5v vs 5v APP sensor issue?

I did some digging in the 03 G35 FSM, and found out the older G35 also has the 2.5v APP.

By the way, if you haven't already done so, you might want to grab the EC section of a 03 G35 Sedan FSM. It has both computer systems in it, and a crapload of data on both of them.

I have the FSMs , well i have about all the nissan ones that are available haaha. Ive had the ecu pinout sections printed out for well over a year now.

Yes the early ones do have the same app as the maxima, not a issue tho. Its a easy fix, yes its something to fix but not bad at all, the early G's are still way better off than the 5.5 maxima.

If you are serious about wanting to try this let me know! When is ZdaysZ and where is it?
Old 01-18-2011, 08:54 PM
HR Swap Pioneer

ooooo bout to his 2,000 post!! haha took allmost 6 years
Old 01-18-2011, 09:01 PM

^LOL. I can haz my 12,000 posts from driver?

ZdayZ is actually a really awesome event.
Any VQ fan should go. Info: http://www.zdayz.com
This year it's May 19-22

I forgot about that post, and didn't click the pics the first time around.
That looks like a simple bolt-up swap. Nice!

You happen to know the part# from the dealer?
--edit: Dang! Nevermind. I just noticed I can actually read the number off the back of it in that pic! LOL
Old 01-18-2011, 09:14 PM

I have the FSMs , well i have about all the nissan ones that are available haaha. Ive had the ecu pinout sections printed out for well over a year now.

Yes the early ones do have the same app as the maxima, not a issue tho. Its a easy fix, yes its something to fix but not bad at all, the early G's are still way better off than the 5.5 maxima.

If you are serious about wanting to try this let me know! When is ZdaysZ and where is it?
The early G's have the same problem that we do... white/square connector ECU, no osiris.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:18 PM

^Yes. We have a similar ECU, but there are a couple differences that should make ours a little less of a pain (Like the AC being BCM, for example)
Old 01-19-2011, 07:34 AM
HR Swap Pioneer

Originally Posted by sparks03max
The early G's have the same problem that we do... white/square connector ECU, no osiris.
GREY GREY GREY!!! hahah

And yes i know, you should know that i know!!!

^LOL. I can haz my 12,000 posts from driver?

ZdayZ is actually a really awesome event.
Any VQ fan should go. Info: http://www.zdayz.com
This year it's May 19-22

I forgot about that post, and didn't click the pics the first time around.
That looks like a simple bolt-up swap. Nice!

You happen to know the part# from the dealer?
--edit: Dang! Nevermind. I just noticed I can actually read the number off the back of it in that pic! LOL

WOW ive heard of ZDAYZ but never knew it was in NC!! Someone should def post it over here!!

From what i can tell that APP sensor can only be purchased as the whole gaspedal from nissan!!! HORRIBLE!! So i recommend if buying a ecu from a junkyard get the gaspdeal at the same time hah

Quick Reply: 5.5 gen + UpRev Osiris = ECU swap