All Motor All Motor Advanced Performance. Talk about Engine Swaps, Internal Engine work. Not your basic Y pipe and Intake Information.

Ebay Clutches (XTD to be specific)

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 02:50 PM

Ebay Clutches (XTD to be specific)

Only first person expierience, if anyone says something like "my friend had one," or just simply "go name brand or go home" you will get a very rude reply w/ a meme image

I've pretty much made up my mind but if I here very concise and clear evidence otherwise then I may change my mind on it.

So who has ran an eBay brand clutch in their vehicle and goes to the track often or beats the **** out of their car?
Old 01-02-2013, 10:20 PM

That sound like me lol... I bought from ebay a Eclutchmasters stage 2 clutch, 500 break in miles and just waste of money.. When i pulled hard from first to second it slip all the way until i let go the pedal... On my opinion save some money and bought a good clutch kit.. I bought a spec stage 3.. Im on having some free time to install it
Old 01-03-2013, 08:22 AM
^ Jeff™

I researched it myself and found some posts in the 4th gen forum...heard crap from firsthand experience so I said nay.

You just need to get a 350z clutch from your work and be done with it. lol
Old 01-03-2013, 12:26 PM

Try one of them out and let us know how it goes. I don't have any experience with them.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:55 PM
SLOW

they are crap. get a name brand clutch (not spec).
Old 01-03-2013, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Nealoc187
Which clutches are name brand?
Old 01-04-2013, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by aackshun
Only first person expierience, if anyone says something like "my friend had one," or just simply "go name brand or go home" you will get a very rude reply w/ a meme image
Originally Posted by MrEous
I researched it myself and found some posts in the 4th gen forum...heard crap from firsthand experience so I said nay.

You just need to get a 350z clutch from your work and be done with it. lol

Originally Posted by Nealoc187
So you've used some in the past? Which ones?

Originally Posted by schmellyfart
Which clutches are name brand?
ACT, Exedy, Clutchmasters seem to be the top 3

But I'm on a budget AND time constraint, so I need a puck'd disc for cheap.
Attached Thumbnails Ebay Clutches (XTD to be specific)-tumblr_lisp6ohmdy1qb3l9fo1_500.jpg  
Old 01-05-2013, 09:25 AM
Kevlo for President

Get a southbend/dxd clutch.

research the xtd, there are plenty of people that bought them on here and posted on how bad they suck...

i should have to tell you to SEARCH
Old 01-05-2013, 10:11 AM

But I'm on a budget AND time constraint, so I need a puck'd disc for cheap.
Just out of curiosity why do you need a puck disc? Are they cheaper? I don't know **** about clutches. lol
Old 01-05-2013, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Kevlo911
Get a southbend/dxd clutch.

research the xtd, there are plenty of people that bought them on here and posted on how bad they suck...

i should have to tell you to SEARCH
I have a lead on a used one actually, but still not as cheap as the XTD,

I have the dealer price list and cost of them, not cheap enough.

Budget constraints, honestly, if this clutch survives a win or two I'll have the money to buy a decent one

Hrmm... So you also posted in here w/o personal experience of an eBay brand clutch? And then tell me to search the org? When most of the post are from 2005 and earlier?

Funny part is finding I replied in some of those threads, but very few results include something of a review of said ebay clutches.

Originally Posted by krazy6
Just out of curiosity why do you need a puck disc? Are they cheaper? I don't know **** about clutches. lol
On top of the limited budget, I'm under a time constraint, I have more than enough confidence that my current oem Z clutch setup can handle the abuse if your stuck clutch setup did.

Problem occurs with time.... I can order a new trigger ring from fidanza but that takes ages....

I got a lead on another lw maxima flwyheel so I'm just going to buy that and use that in the red car..... (Plus the white car is getting 6mt swapped sometime this millenia, I miss my 30+mpg going to work and back, this 21-22 aint cuttin it).

Now comes the other problem.... I got a flywheel yay, but now if nothing abysmal happens for the red car to make IFO I'll have less than week of drivetime, and highway miles ain't gonna cut it for a clutch break in... Unless someone can enlighten me on that?

Now those wonderful puck'd disc.... Chattery they may be in traffic... Break in time is literally a few mins, seen many ricers do a burnout out the shop and call it a clutch break in and be on the same clutch years later chirpin 3rd.

I think the science is since they're not a full surface clutch they don't need to fully embed they're materials into the whole surface of the flywheel correct? Just heat it up and allow the limited surface area just get accustomed to the flywheel right?

I'm not up on the science behind it, I just know this... Puck clutch = limited to no break in time needed, on a budget and time constraint so I will need a mere ebay brand, and with the staggering amount of "well this guy...." opinions on the internet it's almost impossible to find anything at all on them.

I do know that I drove one personally and it seems to be dead on with the extremely limited first hand experiences I've read on them.

Longevity isn't much of a concern, it's lasted the local here long enough to exceed my need (a few days of ripping and roarin), and his clutch was used from a Z

So.... Once again.....

HAS ANYONE PERSONALLY USED AN EBAY BRAND CLUTCH?

Last edited by aackshun; 01-05-2013 at 05:12 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:14 AM
Kevlo for President

http://forums.maxima.org/6150766-post10.html
he says no good

he likes it:
http://forums.maxima.org/6906822-post20.html

he tried it on another car and liked it:
http://forums.maxima.org/8528276-post22.html
http://forums.maxima.org/8648622-post15.html

some more people that liked it:
http://forums.nicoclub.com/xtd-stage...t-t171758.html

Since you're on a budget, buy it... Maybe those threads/posts will sway your opinion where you want it to go.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Kevlo911
http://forums.maxima.org/6150766-post10.html
he says no good

he likes it:
http://forums.maxima.org/6906822-post20.html

he tried it on another car and liked it:
http://forums.maxima.org/8528276-post22.html
http://forums.maxima.org/8648622-post15.html

some more people that liked it:
http://forums.nicoclub.com/xtd-stage...t-t171758.html

Since you're on a budget, buy it... Maybe those threads/posts will sway your opinion where you want it to go.
A few of those links are what I have found of the recent reviews, the rest are just old and have been disregarded by my search filter on google.

Reason why I'm against old reviews because companies can change or remain the same. I know clutchmasters has tightened down on their distribution and quality recently because of the bad e-rep and ACT has given less and less fcks lately.

Btw, I work at a nissan only salvage yard and also I have a few good contacts at performance shops and a part importer. I may not even need to buy a clutch soon; a car may arrive @ my job w/ a pucked clutch and i'll just use it but that'd be tooo fortunate.

I'm just trying to dig up the few people who don't post much, like the local w/ the XTD clutch.

Last edited by aackshun; 01-06-2013 at 08:32 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:43 AM

Yeah I think the Z clutch will work for you. How much power is the motor gonna make? You're not spraying it right?

Yeah you're right i've heard that puck clutches just need a really good slip and they are practically broken in. lol
Old 01-06-2013, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by krazy6
Yeah I think the Z clutch will work for you. How much power is the motor gonna make? You're not spraying it right?

Yeah you're right i've heard that puck clutches just need a really good slip and they are practically broken in. lol
Z clutch is all I need in a different situation.

I really don't have any power goals. Just wanna win All Motor Sport @ IFO in Houston and move on to other cities.... Power wise make any assumption you want to (I have my own but rather just keep it to myself until the car runs) So far we have..... 3" Intake + Maf, Spacers, Headers, 3" exhaust after that and a rough street tune via osiris + 350z cam map.

Spray is unlikely, unless a stupid cheap setup falls in my lap, then I'll spray for lolz.

Last edited by aackshun; 01-06-2013 at 09:28 AM.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:00 AM
^ Jeff™

Come at me BRO!

Lol...I'm about to click buy on a Bahnhof Stage 1 or 3 clutch this week. Will let you know how it goes once installed? Around the same price and have seen good reviews (even if old) on here.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:44 PM

Z clutch is all I need in a different situation.

I really don't have any power goals. Just wanna win All Motor Sport @ IFO in Houston and move on to other cities.... Power wise make any assumption you want to (I have my own but rather just keep it to myself until the car runs) So far we have..... 3" Intake + Maf, Spacers, Headers, 3" exhaust after that and a rough street tune via osiris + 350z cam map.

Spray is unlikely, unless a stupid cheap setup falls in my lap, then I'll spray for lolz.
Z clutch is all you need. Probably make 250-260whp.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:13 PM

Ebay clutches are crap!!!! I bought three different ones for sh#ts and giggles. they all slip. wear out fast or better yet crack! I went with a 5th gen pressure plate and clutch setup. car feels great! if you're not forced induction, stick to 5th gen oem or 350z setup.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:24 AM

What kind? Mind showing me examples?
Old 01-13-2013, 10:49 AM

I had an xtd stage 3 and it grabbed like no other. It held every bit of 340whp s/c. Never slipped not once. I just could never get used to the engagement (car bounced like heck) And when my clutch fork broke i got something different. i cant say whether or not the xtd pp was the cause of the broken fork. I sold it to Dracc and he loved it. It was his second xtd stage 3. When i was researching the brand it was almost like a 50/50 split between yay and nay. Half sayin awesome and half saying bad. But most of those were 240 owners for some reason.