Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Need an Installer !!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2002, 02:26 PM

Need an Installer !!!

Ok... Its official I live in the worst city in the world...Noone will install my alarm and remote start in my 5 speed 01 max I know about the issues with the standard and the remote start heard it all before I need this installed lol! I bought it in crutchfield originally for another vehicle .... 2 weeks later I bought my max Im in Syracuse, NY sooooooo....who out here wants to make some cashola
Old 07-13-2002, 06:50 AM

BUMP
Old 07-13-2002, 06:58 AM

By the way

I am going to the creed concert in east rutherford NJ (floor seats) so if your near there on the 27th of July i can leave early and we can hook up lol.
Old 07-13-2002, 05:43 PM

my reccomendation is to talk to jason ewing. he is a very talented installer, and specializes in alarms. iirc, he's been featured in a magazine or two.

its probably a good little drive for you to go see him tho. he lives in either pittsburgh or philly, i cant remember.

you can reach him here

eric
Old 07-13-2002, 05:45 PM

oh and btw, i live in indiana, and i am gonna have him put in my alarm when i get my new car thats how much faith i have in him.

eric
Old 07-13-2002, 07:21 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

have you tried major retailers?? ie. Circuit City or others I used to work there doun here in cali and i know that the car stereo guys woul d do installs on a lot of manual cars.
Old 07-14-2002, 07:22 AM
I tend to get a bit irritable

PLEASE do not do this. I have had several customers offer to pay me double or even triple to do this on thier cars, and I said no.

I have seen to many things happen to do it. Suppose your car is in car, and you accidentally start it. Someone gets hit/hurt, it could be your family,friends,etc. can you live with that? I know I couldnt.
Do not say well I will never leave it in gear, because it could happen. You could quickly reach into your car to get something and knock it into gear without even knowing it. Better yet, you hit something/someone, are you prepared to pay the lawsuit you now have?

Remote start boxes say "Auto transmission vehicles ONLY " for a reason.

--Don
Old 07-14-2002, 12:56 PM

Thanks for the info Nismo!
I'll try and get ahold of him...and maybe you can tell him to expect me lol.

Why in this day and age of electronics cant we come up with a better safety device on a car that looks to see if the car is in gear wothout using the saftey sensor for the clutch? So I should suffer and not have remote start because I prefer to shift the car myself??? You have a point on the accident issues .. i could see that as a "possibility" but i think there is a better way.....

So the questions remains....Anyone else interested in helping me out?
Old 07-14-2002, 02:13 PM

Since you're dead set on installing the remote start in your 5spd, I would highly suggest you have a remote start kill switch installed. These switches are pretty much standard with DEI remote starts. It's just a switch that hooks to your neutral safety wire so when it's on, the remote start will work, when it's off, it won't. Then, if you take your car to get an oil change, let someone borrow it, etc, just turn the switch off. That way you accidently start it when someone else has left it in gear. I never leave my car in gear when I park it, I use the E-Brake. But every time I let someone else drive it, for an oil change for example, it's ALWAYS left in gear when I get back in.

Just a little advise...
Old 07-14-2002, 03:17 PM

OK great idea Now why wont shops do that as standard installation or even charge a bit more for it??
Old 07-14-2002, 09:37 PM
I tend to get a bit irritable

Originally posted by maximadriver
Since you're dead set on installing the remote start in your 5spd, I would highly suggest you have a remote start kill switch installed. These switches are pretty much standard with DEI remote starts. It's just a switch that hooks to your neutral safety wire so when it's on, the remote start will work, when it's off, it won't. Then, if you take your car to get an oil change, let someone borrow it, etc, just turn the switch off. That way you accidently start it when someone else has left it in gear. I never leave my car in gear when I park it, I use the E-Brake. But every time I let someone else drive it, for an oil change for example, it's ALWAYS left in gear when I get back in.

Just a little advise...
I always connect this switch on all vehicles I install on. This will basically prevent nothing, except when someone else has your car. Your laying on the couch and roll over onto your keys, surprise your car just went through the front door because your girlfriend hit when she was getting her purse out of your car....