Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Stealth, oh yes!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2002, 07:28 PM
rilla dope

Stealth, oh yes!

Sweet! I just got hooked up with a guy who is going to glass me 2 stealth boxes for my 2k1. One behind each wheel well, JL style. Pretty cheap too.

Also, I'm going to try the deck stealth idea too. Saw one pic of a guy that did it, took the face off the stock deck and set the new deck further back in the dash, using the stock deck as a stealth face when you're parked. Damn I say, Damn that's sweet. I'll be doing it next week and put up some pics, I hope....

Vito
Old 08-21-2002, 07:47 PM

Re: Stealth, oh yes!

Originally posted by releasedtruth

Also, I'm going to try the deck stealth idea too. Saw one pic of a guy that did it, took the face off the stock deck and set the new deck further back in the dash, using the stock deck as a stealth face when you're parked.
Him ?
http://www.zapcodrivingforce.com/newpage17.htm
Old 08-21-2002, 08:05 PM
rilla dope

Re: Re: Stealth, oh yes!

Originally posted by dracip

Him ?
http://www.zapcodrivingforce.com/newpage17.htm
That's the one! Once I saw it could be done, I was all over a similar setup. I may try a stealth lcd in there, but not sure yet. Cables everywhere, a big mess to be sure
Old 08-21-2002, 08:51 PM

Just curious how much volume do you think is behind each wheel? I am trying to think about how I want to do a similar setup. I would really like to be able to fit a Brahma 12 in a ported box. But, I would need around 1.65ft^3 min. What drivers are you planning on using?
Old 08-21-2002, 09:00 PM
rilla dope

If I glass, I could easily get 1.65 behind each well. I designed some standard boxes for construction if the glass doesn't go well. The boxes are 14.5" W x 17" H x 6" D-Top and 14" D-Bottom. That will make sure they don't stick out past the trunk entrance. Pretty nice setup if the stealth won't go.

I'm using 1 Audiobahn Alum10x in each box. Good luck, that should hit seriously hard.
Old 08-21-2002, 09:15 PM
I tend to get a bit irritable

Re: Re: Re: Stealth, oh yes!

That's the one! Once I saw it could be done, I was all over a similar setup. I may try a stealth lcd in there, but not sure yet. Cables everywhere, a big mess to be sure
It has been done several times over, but still anice touch.

--Don
Old 08-21-2002, 09:52 PM
jmax

Re: Re: Re: Re: Stealth, oh yes!

Originally posted by Pearl96Max

It has been done several times over, but still anice touch.

--Don

I'm afraid that a brahma might knock the rear fender off.

Old 08-21-2002, 09:57 PM
I tend to get a bit irritable

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Stealth, oh yes!

Originally posted by jmax

I'm afraid that a brahma might knock the rear fender off.

Well when I said it has been done several times over , I was uhhh referring to the radio cover.

--Don
Old 08-21-2002, 10:27 PM
jmax

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Stealth, oh yes!

Originally posted by Pearl96Max

Well when I said it has been done several times over , I was uhhh referring to the radio cover.

--Don
Jayson is a good guy I have not yet met.

Old 08-22-2002, 06:17 AM

My Max is solid. The fenders will be fine. Besides, I thought I was being conservative by going with a single 12. The trunk is 15.1 ft^3, that's a lot of potential.
Old 08-22-2002, 07:01 AM
jmax

Originally posted by Maxima Dan
My Max is solid. The fenders will be fine. Besides, I thought I was being conservative by going with a single 12. The trunk is 15.1 ft^3, that's a lot of potential.
How carefully have you looked into the fender? Did you know there is a pressure release in each fender to allow the trunk to open and close? You will need to seal it, or at least heavily damp it. Then a new hole may be needed to allow the trunk to operate.

Old 08-22-2002, 07:26 AM
rilla dope

Yeah, I had thought about going with one 10w6v2 with huge power, but those Brahmas are serious. Try a SS Davinci 12, dear god, the magnet is over 300 oz on them. Heard one a few months back and it almost made my head bleed.

I like a nice thump and I have 2 Alum10s in my Tbird so I thought I'd go the same route, tight bass, huge power handling, great prices.

I'm glad the stealth has worked for others, makes me feel more secure trying it out. Wonder if it actually deters theives the way I'd hope....
Old 08-22-2002, 08:46 AM

I figured I would seal off the drivers side pressure releif with some gasket material or equivelent stuff. I hope the trunk still opens and closes well with just the one. It should help that I removed the stock sub off the rear deck so it should vent to the cabin.

I figure my install will not be really stealth, just utilizing the space behind the wheel in a custom fiberglass box. I just hope that no one ever gets into my trunk. But, the rest of my system looks totally stock so that should help quite a bit.
Old 08-23-2002, 12:06 PM

but those Brahmas are serious.

yep. 1 15 running right now, soon to be 2.

Try a SS Davinci 12, dear god, the magnet is over 300 oz on them.

magnet WEIGHT means almost nothing...you can put a huge magnet on anything, and if you do so, you are likely using a weak magnet...you can put too much or too little magnet on a sub.

Heard one a few months back and it almost made my head bleed.

I like a nice thump and I have 2 Alum10s in my Tbird so I thought I'd go the same route, tight bass, huge power handling, great prices.

I'm glad the stealth has worked for others, makes me feel more secure trying it out. Wonder if it actually deters theives the way I'd hope....
later,
eric
Old 08-23-2002, 01:48 PM
rilla dope

Magnet weight may not MEAN something, but it was a statement about the size of it, not its value to the speaker. It's damn huge, weighs a ton. I heard it being hit with 800w rms, so it takes power like a champ. Mad expensive though and too deep