Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

The Bose answer you have been looking for.

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2002, 12:16 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

The Bose answer you have been looking for.

I've started to rip apart my car now to finally use all of my old stero stuff. A lot of you have been wondering about how to connect the aftermarket amps to the Bose system without having an electrical engineering degree. I've done the reasearch and found that this is the best method:

PAC!!

Peek-a-boo-RCA's out of the Bose deck

Here's the harness, plugs right inline between the deck and factory harness with NO cutting, true plug and play. You get 4 channels AND a remote!!
Old 09-13-2002, 12:18 AM

Doing my best to run 4AWG along lines of the factory wiring:

The MB Quart tweets fit so perfectly in the factory location it was scarry!

Old 09-13-2002, 12:24 AM

Definately run power on the driver's side and signal on the passenger. Most of the factory wiring goes down the drivers side and you will also end up running a shorter power cable. Hopefully I won't have to install my PLD.

You can see how much less cabling there is on the passenger side.

I'll have Pictures of the amp rack this weekend
Old 09-13-2002, 01:31 AM

that's cool.. if i was to do my system over again, i mite think of going that route.. i like the "stock look"
Old 09-13-2002, 09:10 AM

I did a similar install using focals, but I didn't use the factory tweeter mounts. I didn't like the way they were angled down, pointing straight into the dash. After a bit of trimming I was able to fit the focal supplied mounts under the a pilar trim plate. This way they were angled up a bit and improved the sound stage a whole bunch.
Old 09-13-2002, 10:36 AM
PoweredbyNissan

Re: The Bose answer you have been looking for.

Originally posted by cobymoby
I've started to rip apart my car now to finally use all of my old stero stuff. A lot of you have been wondering about how to connect the aftermarket amps to the Bose system without having an electrical engineering degree. I've done the reasearch and found that this is the best method:

PAC!!

Peek-a-boo-RCA's out of the Bose deck

Here's the harness, plugs right inline between the deck and factory harness with NO cutting, true plug and play. You get 4 channels AND a remote!!
So, how did you get the RCA cables to connect to the HU?

Old 09-13-2002, 10:58 AM

Re: Re: The Bose answer you have been looking for.

Originally posted by PoweredbyNissan

So, how did you get the RCA cables to connect to the HU?
We sell an interface that goes in line between the HU and the factory harness. It plugs right in, no splicing or cutting. Email sales@berktuning.com
Old 09-13-2002, 11:18 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

Re: Re: Re: The Bose answer you have been looking for.

We sell an interface that goes in line between the HU and the factory harness. It plugs right in, no splicing or cutting. Email sales@berktuning.com
How much $ are we talking here? When you said "remote" in the original post, you meant remote turn-on, right?
Old 09-14-2002, 01:50 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: The Bose answer you have been looking for.

Originally posted by phenryiv1

How much $ are we talking here? When you said "remote" in the original post, you meant remote turn-on, right?
All three pieces are $65. Yes, when I said remote I meant remote turn on lead. No splicing of the facotry harness or using ghetto taps of the cigarette lighter.
Old 09-15-2002, 09:40 AM
PoweredbyNissan

Re: Re: Re: The Bose answer you have been looking for.

So, to install this interface you are selling, taking out the HU is required right? That seems like an impossible task itself.

Old 09-15-2002, 05:28 PM
I miss the .org!

Cobymoby, I am currently waiting for the exact same thing to arrive. You ordered the PAC AOEM-NIS2 right? I plan on adding my Basslink to my stock deck, so it should work perfectly. Good to see yet another person that has successfully gone this route.
Old 09-15-2002, 08:09 PM
Bandwagon Lover

Originally posted by Triple8Sol
Cobymoby, I am currently waiting for the exact same thing to arrive. You ordered the PAC AOEM-NIS2 right? I plan on adding my Basslink to my stock deck, so it should work perfectly. Good to see yet another person that has successfully gone this route.
The ROEM integrates a new HU with the factory system and the AOEM allows for external amp/processors to be used.

cobymoby, you are using the .75" Quart tweeters. Do you see a problem with using the 1" Quarts in the front pods without major modifications?
Old 09-15-2002, 08:59 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: The Bose answer you have been looking for.

So, to install this interface you are selling, taking out the HU is required right? That seems like an impossible task itself.

If you can't take out the stock HU then I don't reccomend that you go the DIY route. You should probably go to your local stereo shop and have them do everything for you.
Old 09-16-2002, 10:11 AM
PoweredbyNissan

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Bose answer you have been looking for.

If you can't take out the stock HU then I don't reccomend that you go the DIY route. You should probably go to your local stereo shop and have them do everything for you.
Damn.... So, all of you guys know how to take out teh stock HU from a 2k2 maxima?! Are you kidding me?? Where did you guys learn to do this stuff?? what age group are you guys in by the way?

Old 09-16-2002, 10:22 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Bose answer you have been looking for.

Damn.... So, all of you guys know how to take out teh stock HU from a 2k2 maxima?! Are you kidding me?? Where did you guys learn to do this stuff?? what age group are you guys in by the way?
I am 25. I have never taken out a 2K2 HU. BUT given the fact that in almost 100 "friendly" installs over the last 9 years I have never failed to get a HU out (w/o breaking things) I am sure that I can figure it out.

It is not by any means an impossible task. I think what cobymoby may have meant to say was that if you think that the prospect of removing the stock HU is that daunting, you might want to have it done professionally. I would argee to some extent, but would also point out that DIY is the best way to learn your way around the car. If nothing else, pay for the crutchfield direction set (www.crutchfield.com for info) and learn how to do it. It is a LOT easier than is seems at first. It took me a while to get my 96 apart (compared to most domestic dashes), but in the end it was worth it. The kicker? I did not even mod the stereo, just took it apart so that I knew how to do it if the time comes.

Everyone who has installed, whether it is a one-time thing, a hobby, or a profession, started with a first car. It might as well be your own.
Old 09-16-2002, 02:59 PM
I miss the .org!

I'm 21...you just learn alot from the .org, and from friendly helpful members.
The ROEM-NIS2 is what I have right now. They sent me the wrong kit. So I'm waiting for the AOEM-NIS2 to arrive. I decided to keep my stock HU, and just add the amp/sub. www.go2pac.com
Old 10-02-2002, 08:10 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

any update on your install? How does the system sound? Let us know...
Old 10-04-2002, 08:04 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Bose answer you have been looking for.

All three pieces are $65. Yes, when I said remote I meant remote turn on lead. No splicing of the facotry harness or using ghetto taps of the cigarette lighter.

Where did you buy the adapter and how much?

thanks
Old 10-06-2002, 06:02 PM
I miss the .org!

For PAC's website, go to www.go2pac.com. I think you can call them and order it directly. It will probably be cheaper if you check their list of authorized dealers and find one in your area. I got the kit for $65 + tax.
Old 10-07-2002, 12:43 PM
The silent but deadly Moderator

CM, you never said which model Quart tweets those were, I kinda wanna do the same thing.