Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

DEH-P9200r faceplate broken...HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2002, 12:13 PM

DEH-P9200r faceplate broken...HELP!!!!

Well, I bought this radio rfurbished form one of those ebay stores on ebay. Paid a good price for it, way WAY less than retial. Well the other day, while leaving work, I had the faceplate in its case, and the case dropped. I didnt think nothign of it cause the case was covering it. Well when I put the faceplate on, the graphics part wouldnt work. Everythign else is fine, I can hear music, press all buttons, etc.. But the area for the graphics and to see everything is all messed up. So I cant see the volume, what station or track Im on, any options, etc... what should I do???? I emailed the guy about it cause I did buy it only 2 months ago. I didnt mention that I dropped it, only told him that it didn't work. ANy thoughs guys? Thanks
Old 12-02-2002, 12:50 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Re: DEH-P9200r faceplate broken...HELP!!!!

Originally posted by D1NOnly34
Well, I bought this radio rfurbished form one of those ebay stores on ebay. Paid a good price for it, way WAY less than retial. Well the other day, while leaving work, I had the faceplate in its case, and the case dropped. I didnt think nothign of it cause the case was covering it. Well when I put the faceplate on, the graphics part wouldnt work. Everythign else is fine, I can hear music, press all buttons, etc.. But the area for the graphics and to see everything is all messed up. So I cant see the volume, what station or track Im on, any options, etc... what should I do???? I emailed the guy about it cause I did buy it only 2 months ago. I didnt mention that I dropped it, only told him that it didn't work. ANy thoughs guys? Thanks
i would check with manufacturer of stereo... could u get a faceplate from them??
Old 12-02-2002, 01:25 PM

Re: Re: DEH-P9200r faceplate broken...HELP!!!!

Originally posted by BIG_GOLD_MAX

i would check with manufacturer of stereo... could u get a faceplate from them??
You mean Pioneer? I highly doubt they just sell faceplates.
Old 12-02-2002, 02:38 PM

The company I work for actually deals with the replace of stolen car audio equipment, and you can get just the Face Plate, try www.pacparts.com or call Pioneer Parts directly 1-800-421-1640 and see what they can do for you.. Let me know how it turns out.. PEACE.. SAM

PS.. I checked it out.. The part number is CXB5459 and it retails for 404.85... WOW sure is expensive..
Old 12-02-2002, 08:48 PM

Originally posted by Chitwista
The company I work for actually deals with the replace of stolen car audio equipment, and you can get just the Face Plate, try www.pacparts.com or call Pioneer Parts directly 1-800-421-1640 and see what they can do for you.. Let me know how it turns out.. PEACE.. SAM

PS.. I checked it out.. The part number is CXB5459 and it retails for 404.85... WOW sure is expensive..
Wow, well thanks for the info and help I appreciate it. I dont think I will be doing that lol, but I have been working on my problem. I still have all the papers and boxes, basically everything that came with the radio. You see, the radio is refurbished, so it even has its own type of box. I knew it was refurbished, no big deal. Also, I didnt buy it off some guy on ebay just cause he wanted to sell it, I bought it off an "ebay store". I would send the seller some emails and his secretary would answer, so I know it just wasnt some Joe Shmo. Also, the guy has like 6000+ feedback so thats good. But when I opened the box and looked at all the papers, the warraty paper was included. The one that explains the warranty and tells you to write down the date of when you bought it etc. I saved the emails, and saved the webpage sayin I won the auction. So maybe I can get this part form pioneer under warranty, because the pioneer cant sell as refurbished unless pioneer checks it first and says its sellable. What do you guys think? I still havent gotten a response from teh seller, I emailed him yesterday (Sunday the 1st).