Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

1996 audio system problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2003, 01:01 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

1996 audio system problem

I have factory audio system and no shop manuals. Everything has been fine and then cd's started to skip tracks?? Within two days entire audio system quit. No lights on display, no trace of sound from speakers,...nuthin works! I checked fuses under dash and in two covered "holders" under hood and found none to be bad. Is there an inline fuse somewhere in wiring system? Am I a missing another group of fuses? (I admit I haven't made much of an effort and I can miss the easy stuff.....)Any thoughts would really be appreciated! This is a great place to learn about my car and how dumb I am... :->
Old 01-24-2003, 06:46 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: 1996 audio system problem

Originally posted by mpalmer
I have factory audio system and no shop manuals. Everything has been fine and then cd's started to skip tracks?? Within two days entire audio system quit. No lights on display, no trace of sound from speakers,...nuthin works! I checked fuses under dash and in two covered "holders" under hood and found none to be bad. Is there an inline fuse somewhere in wiring system? Am I a missing another group of fuses? (I admit I haven't made much of an effort and I can miss the easy stuff.....)Any thoughts would really be appreciated! This is a great place to learn about my car and how dumb I am... :->
It would be nice to konw if u have bose or not.
Old 01-25-2003, 10:55 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Re: Re: 1996 audio system problem

Originally posted by skeelo34

It would be nice to konw if u have bose or not.
They would be bose. Thanks for your interest and your help.