Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Clarion CV737 trunk mounted cd changer

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2003, 01:03 PM

Clarion CV737 trunk mounted cd changer

I just picked up my 2000 Maxima GXE today. One of the things noone at the 3rd party (non-Nissan) dealer I bought it from could figure out was how to make the CD changer work. I have the standard "FM-AM radio with Cassette Player", but there is a Clarion CV737 mounted in the trunk. Can someone explain how to control it ? Is there supposed to be a seperate control until or can I run it through the radio somehow ?

Thanks
Jack
Old 02-08-2003, 06:28 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Clarion CV737 trunk mounted cd changer

Originally posted by jack63ss
I just picked up my 2000 Maxima GXE today. One of the things noone at the 3rd party (non-Nissan) dealer I bought it from could figure out was how to make the CD changer work. I have the standard "FM-AM radio with Cassette Player", but there is a Clarion CV737 mounted in the trunk. Can someone explain how to control it ? Is there supposed to be a seperate control until or can I run it through the radio somehow ?

Thanks
Jack
Does your radio have the CD Changer button on it?
Old 02-09-2003, 11:34 AM

My radio does not have a changer button. Looks like the stock non-cd am/fm/cassette radio. Could it need an external controller ?
Old 02-10-2003, 04:43 PM
Cheesing away...

I have a 12 disc cd changer in my trunk and it plays through the radio. But I also have a seperate changer output device up front.
Old 02-10-2003, 06:55 PM

Thanks
Jack
You are likely missing the CD remote. Check the CD changer part number to see if it is an RF unit.
Old 02-22-2003, 01:23 AM

Thanks
Jack
The Clarion CV 737 is NOT an RF-type cd changer.

A: I suspect someone changed out the original Radio head unit that had a CD changer option with the one that is currently installed.

b: There is no way to control this cd changer using head unit without the cd changer option.
But, if the seperate CD changer commander was installed under radio, you could. If it was there, you would know it. It would be installed in the pocket under radio. Do you have a pocket without a cover under the radio as well as a storage pocket with a flip cover above ashtray?

You could take out the radio and look at back to see if a cd changer cable is installed. It is a thick black cable routed out the back and to the right of console back to trunk.
Old 02-22-2003, 03:47 PM

Re: Re: Clarion CV737 trunk mounted cd changer

Thanks. I didn't think it was RF. My Nissan dealer suggested the same thing you did, so I'll take a look behind the radio and see what I find. So my next question is, what is the easiest way to get the radio out ?

I haven't decided yet if I am going to buy a Commander ($65) or a 3rd party AM/FM/Cassette or CD with Changer Control and a Remote ($150-200 at least).
Old 02-23-2003, 12:34 AM

Re: Re: Re: Clarion CV737 trunk mounted cd changer

Thanks. I didn't think it was RF. My Nissan dealer suggested the same thing you did, so I'll take a look behind the radio and see what I find. So my next question is, what is the easiest way to get the radio out ?

I haven't decided yet if I am going to buy a Commander ($65) or a 3rd party AM/FM/Cassette or CD with Changer Control and a Remote ($150-200 at least).
Go here to see how to remove radio:
http://www.sju.edu/~jz102751/car_audio/
Old 02-25-2003, 01:31 AM

Re: Re: Re: Clarion CV737 trunk mounted cd changer

Look on E-Bay for the Bose head unit with cd/cassette/ changer.
People rip out good Bose units to upgrade stereos all the time. They often go for less than $100.
Old 02-25-2003, 06:06 AM
I tend to get a bit irritable

Re: Re: Re: Re: Clarion CV737 trunk mounted cd changer

Originally posted by Bgohan

Look on E-Bay for the Bose head unit with cd/cassette/ changer.
People rip out good Bose units to upgrade stereos all the time. They often go for less than $100.
....then hell also need the rest of the Bose system to go along with it.

--Don
Old 02-27-2003, 06:11 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Clarion CV737 trunk mounted cd changer

You can buy the Non-Bose SE head unit (AM/FM/Cassette/CD) which comes with an inbuilt controller and make all that work. The CV-737 is a CD changer that works with both the Bose and the non-bose. You can buy a separate controller from the dealer too but that might not be economical as for the money that you will spend on the controller you might get a relatively new stereo which cassette and cd.

If you do have the Bose system, then you will need the Bose unit. Hope that the dude who replaced the radio did not rip apart the control cable.

Originally posted by Pearl96Max

....then hell also need the rest of the Bose system to go along with it.

--Don
Old 02-28-2003, 10:15 AM

I did take a look on E-bay for a factory radio and did see a couple with changers. Given I have the stock 4 speaker factory speakers, is there anything special about the Bose unit or can I just drop it in ? I plan on a speaker upgrade at some point, but cd changer is first. Also, does anyone know what "year and model" radios will interchange with a 2000 Maxima ? For example, is the Altima Bose the same (look it but ..) ?

Thanks
Old 02-28-2003, 10:41 AM

Re: Re: Clarion CV737 trunk mounted cd changer

Jack,

I don't think the GXEs ever came with the BOSE but I could be wrong. If your car did not come with the BOSE you can't just slap that puppy on. You will have to change the entire setup including the speakers. In 2000, they changed the system so that it ran off of 1 amp in the trunk. So, if you have an amp in the trunk, chances are that you had a bose. If not, then you might just want to look for AM/FM/Cassette/CD (Non-Bose) from 2000 - 2002 Maximas.

I did take a look on E-bay for a factory radio and did see a couple with changers. Given I have the stock 4 speaker factory speakers, is there anything special about the Bose unit or can I just drop it in ? I plan on a speaker upgrade at some point, but cd changer is first. Also, does anyone know what "year and model" radios will interchange with a 2000 Maxima ? For example, is the Altima Bose the same (look it but ..) ?

Thanks
Old 09-29-2011, 06:12 PM

How to install cv737?

Hey there, I just purchased a clarion cv737 from ebay to install in my 00 maxima, it came with the wire harness, basically the whole package, question is, how do I install this thing, and where at in the trunk do I install it? If anybody has any pics of where its located in the trunk or has done an install like this, please let me know. Thanks again!
Old 10-05-2011, 10:56 AM

just a courtesy bump, anybody have any clues or ideas of how I should install this puppy? thanks
Old 10-05-2011, 01:47 PM

I am guessing the (2000?) factory service manual will have the answer you seek, since that cd changer was a factory option on some maximas.

I wish I could be more help, I recommend posting in the 5th gen forum you will get more people looking there.
Old 12-11-2023, 11:06 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by jack63ss

Thanks
Jack

Trunk mounted Clarion CV737 cd changer, will this play through a standard am-fm radio on a 2003 Nissan Maxima SE?
Old 12-12-2023, 07:38 AM

can I ask why are you using CDs?