Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

hifonics

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2003, 11:34 PM

hifonics

Okay I tried to search forums and couldn't get a definite response. This will be beating a dead horse post about which amps are cheap and good and all, but I couldn't find much on hifonics. Hifonics were mentioned a lot but not really discussed. Here is my thing: I found a bunch of Hifonics stuff on ebay at dirt cheap. Are Hifonics a decent underrated brand or unknown brand or whatever kind of brand (are they up there with the pg's or ppi's) or are they like pointer, rockwood, DHD, etc. I heard the old stuff is good, but i want something a little attractive in appearance. Another thing is that my sound application is for adding subs (2) to my stock system: looking for a blend rather than bump bump bump. I currently have a JL 10w3 powered by a JVC digifine amp @ 140 watts rms and am not pleased by the sound: sounds too harsh. lemme know (i will also dynamat my trunk deck in my 2000 maxima)
Old 02-19-2003, 09:45 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: hifonics

Originally posted by ChromeSE5
Okay I tried to search forums and couldn't get a definite response. This will be beating a dead horse post about which amps are cheap and good and all, but I couldn't find much on hifonics. Hifonics were mentioned a lot but not really discussed. Here is my thing: I found a bunch of Hifonics stuff on ebay at dirt cheap. Are Hifonics a decent underrated brand or unknown brand or whatever kind of brand (are they up there with the pg's or ppi's) or are they like pointer, rockwood, DHD, etc. I heard the old stuff is good, but i want something a little attractive in appearance. Another thing is that my sound application is for adding subs (2) to my stock system: looking for a blend rather than bump bump bump. I currently have a JL 10w3 powered by a JVC digifine amp @ 140 watts rms and am not pleased by the sound: sounds too harsh. lemme know (i will also dynamat my trunk deck in my 2000 maxima)
Hifonics used to be some serious stuff. Then they went belly up. Since they were bought out by Crunch, many people tend to shy away from their stuff. However, a friend of mine took the chance and bought some Hifonics stuff recently, and I was thoroughly impressed with the result. He got 3 Zeus series 12 inch subs, a Zeus Z1000d, Zeus series components and amp, and hooked it all up with monster cable wiring. The subs may not be the most crystal clear when it comes to sound as compared to the TDX, IDMAX, Brahma, W7, etc, however, that sucka took my breath away. The subs are mounted in a downward firing enclosure in a Lincoln Aviator. When he turns it up, it is really, REALLY, hard to even breathe. The components are great and the amps are powerhouses.

It's really up to you. For a monstrous amp, get the Son of Collosus.
Old 02-20-2003, 07:31 AM

Re: Re: hifonics

Originally posted by C-Dawg

Hifonics used to be some serious stuff. Then they went belly up. Since they were bought out by Crunch, many people tend to shy away from their stuff. However, a friend of mine took the chance and bought some Hifonics stuff recently, and I was thoroughly impressed with the result. He got 3 Zeus series 12 inch subs, a Zeus Z1000d, Zeus series components and amp, and hooked it all up with monster cable wiring. The subs may not be the most crystal clear when it comes to sound as compared to the TDX, IDMAX, Brahma, W7, etc, however, that sucka took my breath away. The subs are mounted in a downward firing enclosure in a Lincoln Aviator. When he turns it up, it is really, REALLY, hard to even breathe. The components are great and the amps are powerhouses.

It's really up to you. For a monstrous amp, get the Son of Collosus.
Thanks dawg. I've been doing some research to and found the same thing as you stated. I'm also looking at the audiobahn high excursion subs but their sound quality is suppose to be crap....so i'll see what's up.....thanks brah