Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Help, Car Alarm Question/keyless entry

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2003, 07:02 AM

Help, Car Alarm Question/keyless entry

I am thinking that the reason I am having problems programming the keyless entry has something to do with car alarm.

The alarm light blinks when doors lock. The keyless isn't working. And I can't seem to trigger the car alarm by attempting entry or pushing bumper up and down.

After programming the keyless it will flash the hazards twice but won't do anything else.

I have read that there is a fuse or something near the battery for the car alarm. I don't really know. It has to be the car alarm in my opinion and it may have been disengaged after a radio install about a year ago.

Anyone have any suggestions that would help?
Old 12-19-2003, 07:16 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Do you have a factory alarm? I'm going to assume you're talking about the factory alarm since you weren't specific. First off, make sure the battery in the remote has power. This can be done with a volt meter or simply just buying a new battery. The keyless entry remote programming instructions are in the FAQ on the top of the page if you need them.

The factory alarm will NOT go off if you push the bumper up and down. It will not go off if you break the glass. It will not go off if you go near the car. I will not go off if you tilt the car. Those are all features of aftermarket systems. The factory arm will go off when:
1) System is armed and a lock/door is opened without disarming the alarm
2) System is armed and trunk or hood is opened without disarming alarm

Note: If the factory alarm is set off it can be disabled by simply turning the ignition on.

ZuM

Originally Posted by Armelius
I am thinking that the reason I am having problems programming the keyless entry has something to do with car alarm.

The alarm light blinks when doors lock. The keyless isn't working. And I can't seem to trigger the car alarm by attempting entry or pushing bumper up and down.

After programming the keyless it will flash the hazards twice but won't do anything else.

I have read that there is a fuse or something near the battery for the car alarm. I don't really know. It has to be the car alarm in my opinion and it may have been disengaged after a radio install about a year ago.

Anyone have any suggestions that would help?
Old 12-19-2003, 08:19 AM

Factory alarm. I think the keyless has a good battery going to buy another one anyways. Reason it's good is when programming the hazard will blink twice after pushing the lock on keyless.

I am just wondering why things are not working with the keyless. I am assuming it's the alarm system, but don't know if it's tied into the keyless reciever in the car.