Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Will these components fit? What speakers for rear fill?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2003, 02:17 AM

Will these components fit? What speakers for rear fill?

will be buying these speakers for the front of my 97' se with bose car and wanted to know if these speakers will fit right in the same spots the bose do. will the tweeters included be able to just be swapped out with the bose tweeters?
http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/DEI36065

also, recommend me some speakers that can replace the rear bose speakers just for filler since the front will be the main soundstage.
Old 12-24-2003, 03:02 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Not sure of these specific speakers, but since you have the bose, it might take a bit of effort.

I had to modify the bose speaker mounts to fit my components, and I had to do a complete custom job on the tweeters.

Basically the tweeter isn't attached to the door panel, but rather it's mounted to the door frame itself. The tweeter grill you have there is just a cover. I couldn't figure out a way to attach my tweeter to the bose tweeter mount, so I had to mount it right into the door panel. But since the tweeter "hole" (what's behind the tweeter grill) isn't round, I had to make it round with a drill, then mount the tweeter right into the hole.

As for the mid, I put in 6.5s, and at first they wouldn't sit flat in the speaker housing. Inside the housing, there these little plastic tabs that I had to shave down with the drill for the speakers to fit. If you take the bose speaker out of the housing, and look in, you'll see there's 3 or 4 of them. I'm not so sure the 6.75s would fit, but I'm sure it can be done somehow.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-26-2003, 09:15 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I have alpine 6.5 componets for the fronts and JL audio 6.5 for the rear, real easy fit. For the front, the woofer fits perfect. For the tweet, real simple, remove the screw (in puddy) on the factory gold plate that holds the tweet, your new tweet should come with with several different types of conectors, one should have a screw hole in the back. Put the screw hole in that back and mount the tweeter in, so now it fits just like the factory one and you can put the door cover back on with no problems.

As for the rears, I used JL audio 6.5s. I re-carparted the rear sections (totallly optional) and used the JL audio grills. Again, any 6.5 speakers will fit, I just did the re-carpet thing for custom purposes, I need to post picks. Hope this helps.