Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

compustar remote starter 2wfm

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2004, 09:53 PM

compustar remote starter 2wfm

can someone help?
Old 07-24-2004, 10:52 PM
I tend to get a bit irritable

Ummmm...need to be a bit more specific.....

--Don
Old 07-24-2004, 11:03 PM

what about it? i've had my compustar for 3yrs +
Old 07-24-2004, 11:16 PM

I am currently reading several installation manual from different companies on how to install a remote starter. I am new at this and excited on taking this challenge. I am trying to map out the wiring including the length of it before I start the installation. All of the installation manuals are not very clear. I would like to confirm some of the wire with someone, if I can. I also would like to clear up some of the confusing questions that I have. I know the above posted question is vague. I was calling out to see, if someone has already installed a Compustar 2wfm. Pearl96max, do you have a Compustar 2wfm and would like to help me on it. I would greatly appreciate the effort.

myktek, can you help me out as well. I would really appreciate the help.

I just realized that you folks have 5th gen Max. I have 4th gen Max. Could that be a problem?
Old 07-24-2004, 11:34 PM

Joe,

No I personally do not have a Compustar on my car. I personally prefer DEI as do most of my customers. I do however offer Compustar.

I dont have a max at all anymore. But I assure you I know them quite well as many on here can vouch for that. Security systems I have done well over 100 on here alone 3rd,4th,and 5th gens.

What wires are you trying to locate and what manuals are you receiving the info from? If you have a fax available I can certainly send you techsheets for the 97 maxima.

--Don
Old 07-25-2004, 07:58 PM

I have already purchased a Compustar 2wfm and this is the manual for my alarm http://www.compustar.org/support/man...ing_manual.pdf. I am currently reading Compustar, Viper, Clifford and Bulldog. I have a Clifford Sabre II on my Max. I assume the present system will help me to ID lots of wires. These newbie questions.

1.Do I need to disconnect the air bag before probing on wires?

2.While probing on wires, do I need to disconnect the battery?

3.Can I ground wires on the (-) battery? What other area can I ground wires beside the chassis.

4.how many extra relays do i need for windows on max 97?

5.What gauge wires do I need to purchase to extend wires to the power source and extending other wire as well. Should I use telephone cable wires. It has 4 wires combine into 1 large wire.

6.how many diode do I need for max 97?

7.According to the manual I need to tap and tag needed wires. The only wire I need to cut is the ignition wire which I assume that it’s already been cut of the present alarm. They more wires I need to cut?

8.Where can I locate the tachometer wire?

9.Since the glow plug wire is the diesel engine, I think, can I remove it from the connector.

10.The Viper manual mention DO NOT disconnect the plug on the gauges when remove the dash broad. Is it true for 97 Max?

11. What kind of glue should I use to glue the brain?

btw I have the techsheet that came with the purchase of compustar.

Thanks

Originally Posted by Pearl96Max
Joe,

No I personally do not have a Compustar on my car. I personally prefer DEI as do most of my customers. I do however offer Compustar.

I dont have a max at all anymore. But I assure you I know them quite well as many on here can vouch for that. Security systems I have done well over 100 on here alone 3rd,4th,and 5th gens.

What wires are you trying to locate and what manuals are you receiving the info from? If you have a fax available I can certainly send you techsheets for the 97 maxima.

--Don
Old 07-25-2004, 10:41 PM

Let me try my best here, as it appears you are not familiar with doing alarms to much...

1. No especially when turning on the car. If airbags are disconnected you will get a SRS light and would eventually have to be reset. You are save from that system provided your using a DMM or CS testlight.

2. No, if you did, how would you probe them?

3. Just to the chassis, a factory bolt is preferred

4. Extra relays? Windows? You can do the windows by using a DEI p/n: 530T. You will however need an additional relay for trunk release.

5. There is nothing to extend.

6. No diodes are needed. There is nothing to isolate in 4th gens.

7. DO NOT cut your ignition wires. The only wire to be cut is your starter wire. In the maxima there are two.

8. Tach wire is at the ECU which is located below the radio. Accessible from the passenger side footwell. The wire is white/green.

9. Yes

10. You do not go anywhere near the gauges, so this info is useless...

11. Ummm..Glue?

BTW..I think what your referring to as techsheets are actually manuals. Being that you said you have one from Clifford and Viper. Those are not tech sheets. Both of those companies as well as many others that are owned by DEI use TechSoft Vehicle Database. It is a single sheet with the wiring info on it.

--Don

Please do not take offense, but are you sure you still want to attempt this? I mean your car ultimately working or not can depend on it, regardless of whether the alarm does or not.
Old 07-26-2004, 05:28 AM

I say you take a trip to NJ and let Don install this for you....
Old 07-26-2004, 08:20 AM

wow, it sounds concerning, maybe i should back out.

thank you, i greatly apprecitate your help.

a question - pm sent

Originally Posted by Pearl96Max
car ultimately working or not can depend on it, regardless of whether the alarm does or not.