Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Need Help w/Bose

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 07:16 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Need Help w/Bose

I just got my head unit, amp and sub installed. I have a 98 maxima SE with the bose system. The place I got it installed at said that they could rewire the system to use the bose speakers. I got it back and while it does sound great when the car is not moving, there is interference when it is moving. I can hear a high pitched noise that sounds like the acceleration of the engine. The place I had it installed has a lifetime warranty but the ******* that I talked to said that it probably isn't their problem. He told me that it might be because they wired the head unit to the amps on the speakers and that is what is causing the interference. They said that they might have to do an additional 4 hours of work(at my expense). Does anyone know if these guys are right, or did they just do a poor quality install?

-Graham
Old 10-01-2004, 12:25 PM

sounds like alternator whine or a speaker wire too close to another power wire. It would definately be wiring in my opinion and would be their falt entirely since you paid them to wire the stuff up. raise hell and they should fix it, or at least tell them that you need to know why it is doing this before you pay so you know what you are paying for.
Old 10-01-2004, 02:14 PM

it could be a few things.. it coulb be that the power wire is too close to the RCA'S.....
another thing it could definitely be is the Headunit is causing negative feedback through your bose amp... if you have the factory bose amp connected to each speaker(as it comes stock) you would have to disconect the factory amps from each individual speaker..im too lazy to scroll up right now but im in Newark NJ and i just rewired my whold crap for my 96 SE.. at first i just changed the head unit and nothing else..i was getting a very annoying static noise which would not go away no matter what.. my friend disconnected the factory amp from every speaker and it went away thank god.. i ended up getting 6.5" pok audios all around.. no amp for interior speaker needed.. it sounds amazing.. i have two solobarick kickers in the trunk and my system sounds PERFECT!!! like i said, if the factory amp is installed it might be that but if the winding sound only appears when you drive it DEFINITELY means that your RCA or any other wire if too close to your power wire.. power wire should be ran alone ALWAYS.. if you need further help.. email me @ wgordils@optonline.net