Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

LIght harness??

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 01:48 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

LIght harness??

Does anyone have a/the write-up for the "beefing up" of the 89 maxima headlight wiring harness? I found one on craig's site but looking for a more simpler or better one. it has a bit of extra stuff that gets me confused.
Old 11-11-2004, 11:05 AM

Was wondering if you can help me out. i bought this harness . Got them today in mail. I took it out and everything. Currently not home. Have a question. there is the circular Rings i guess these go directly to the battery. and i see the relay inserts, and the light harnesses. But there is another connector that is connected with the wiring. where does this go?Its circular like the Light harness. But its reccessed into the plastic casing and has 3 prongs just like the light harness. Does anyone know what this is for?
Old 11-11-2004, 08:18 PM

Ok. I put the kit on and it works the lights come on. Just not as bright as the original wiring also when i put the lights on bright it cuts out. meaning the lights go out. What i found out was that i had to hold it not on bright but not on just headlight either i would have to push it slighty to make it go to bright. I took out the harness and put in the reg harness and it doesnt have this problem but its not as bright as with the harnesss on bright. So i though maybe its the fuse i changed the fuses in the front relay box the 15's and it was same problem. I took out the left headlight fuse and lights go out but if i take out the right one its fine. It works. Also i thought it might be the ground so i changed the locations and the lights didnt work when i put it at another location it came on. Is there a short do i have to ground it at a certain place? SOme one help me.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:35 AM

What stalk? I dont know what that is. The lights work with the harness everything is connected. The lights just dont seem bright not nearly as bright as it is when in the stock wiring harness. Another problem is when in the upgraded harness the lights cant go on bright without me holding the swicth in the car at a certain angle. If i push it all way forward it the lights cut out. This does not happen in the regular light harness. I changed the light switches. I dont know what else to do. Could this be happening because its not grounded well? Are the contacts incorrect? Im lost Dont know what else to do. Also when its in the upgraded harness i hear a click coming form where the fuse box is. when i put it on the highs but the fuse doesnt blow. Help me please....