Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

OK, big delima. What should I do?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2001, 07:20 AM
Disco Biscuit

I have the opportunity to buy a pair of Dynaudio Dome midranges with custom x-overs for a very good price. Problem is, I just bought a Stealthbox, sound dampening, and as of last week the company I worked for went bankrupt and I'm out of work. If I don't bu them now, he's got someone else waiting for them. WHAT SHOULD I DO????????
Old 04-23-2001, 08:13 AM
jmax

A very good price on those drivers should be < $200, even with crossovers. New retail price of the drivers with dynaudio's x-over is probably ~ $500. If your credit card can't take a $200 charge - which is probably less that $10 a month, don't get them. You will surely be able to get a price that isn't much more after you secure a new job and 1-2 paychecks. Everyone is always willing to make a deal if the customer is ready to buy.

Old 04-23-2001, 10:52 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by jmax
A very good price on those drivers should be < $200, even with crossovers. New retail price of the drivers with dynaudio's x-over is probably ~ $500. If your credit card can't take a $200 charge - which is probably less that $10 a month,
Yeh $10 a month for 90 months.
Old 04-23-2001, 10:55 AM
Disco Biscuit

At 21% interest rates.
Old 04-23-2001, 12:06 PM

I'll donate $2.00...

...only cause I feel nice. Anyone else wanna help em?

I know I know I'm such a nice guy.

I need $2200 for rims n tires, everyone needs big$$ for something for the damn maxima that we really don't need, but want. And dream about having all day.

Did you get canned by the company or what? Is it wellfare time, or unemployment. If you got canned I'd feel bad and I really will donate $2.00 if enough others will too.

HHHAHA haha.
Old 04-23-2001, 12:17 PM
Disco Biscuit

Company folded. Bad thing about it, is I they asked me to come back to GA for a couple weeks to help out the contract I'm at, and the day after I get back from FL., my boss tells me. I went to the unemployment office this morning to sign up, and they're closed for something called "Confederate Memorial Day" WTF is that? Anyway, I'll go back tommorrow. The part that sux the most is I just dropped an extra $4k in taxes that had to be payed in, plus another $4k for a training class. What a crappy time for this to happen. But hey, it could be worse. I ended up desiding to pass on getting them, cause it would just be stupid for me to get them now. But thanks for the offer!!
Old 04-23-2001, 09:14 PM
jmax

I'm sure you'll be back to putting nothing but the best in your Max in no time! Hope you've been checking all the job offers online. Good luck in your search and let me know if you'll be searching in the D.C. area soon. I'll find you a cheap place to crash if you need.