Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Bose speaker cuts out even with rebuilt amplifier???

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 05:45 PM
il massimi bassi

Bose speaker cuts out even with rebuilt amplifier???

Get this. The rear right speaker on the maxima has very very low sound.(like i can hear it with a stethoscope) So i figured no problem the amp is probaly cooked ill get a replacement from the junkyard or rebuild it. I get two (2) used speakers from a 97 GLE that worked perfectly..(i heard them before I installed them and the previous owner had each amplifier rebuilt)

I plug it in and it works fine ...Ok satisfied I turn the car off a minute later. I check it again...dead no sound....I unplug it...plug it in again and it works great for a hot minute....then dead...

the other rebuilt bose speaker does the same thing.....when i plug them into the left side no issues...even with the one that was "supposedly cooked"

I have a aftermarket H/u with adapter and those connections are perfect.

Any clue???
(I also posted this in car audio to increase my chance of a accurate answer)
Old 01-17-2005, 11:08 PM

Typical Bose, it never ends

So I assume you have a 4th gen with an amp at each speaker? Only thing that I can think of is factory wiring is grounding out somewhere to shut off that one speaker/amp. Very weird though. Best bet-pick up 4 cheap but decent speakers like Pioneer or something and bypass Bose altogether. And don't let any shop fool you, bypassing bose assuming you have an amp at each speaker, should take no more than 5 minutes more per speaker, yet most places will try and charge you out the @ss
-Kevin