Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Alarms?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 04:35 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

Alarms?

just want so ideas and price ranges... I'm looking at the viper 791 alarm that sells for 500 that I found so far...

options I want:
#1.. remote starter
#2.. window down option like OEM..
#3.. pager option
#4.. more sensor expansion ports.... for more sensors to add to it..

***I looked for that thread were we talked about alarms for our car that have the window down option, but the post must be under another name thread..***

NISMO, we need a official alarm thread can you keep this one?

thanx, TEK.....
Old 05-31-2005, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Tek-Niq
just want so ideas and price ranges... I'm looking at the viper 791 alarm that sells for 500 that I found so far...

options I want:
#1.. remote starter
#3.. pager option

***I looked for that thread were we talked about alarms for our car that have the window down option, but the post must be under another name thread..***

thanx, TEK.....
Sorry if this sounds stupid but why are you upgrading the factory alarm? I thought that the factory one while may not have as many features, was supposedly a pretty decent system for a factory alarm. Is it desirable to seek an upgrade for it?

Thanks as I am curious.
Old 05-31-2005, 05:01 PM

well, ED just got his 22s stolen and the oem alarm didn't even beep... if I can atleast get something that will go off once someones around it or so that would be great.. and if I get one I want to have remote starter atleast..

fyi: I will have 22s also by this weekend.... this is why..
Old 05-31-2005, 05:08 PM

well, ED just got his 22s stolen and the oem alarm didn't even beep... if I can atleast get something that will go off once someones around it or so that would be great.. and if I get one I want to have remote starter atleast..

fyi: I will have 22s also by this weekend.... this is why..
Thanks, that makes sense then. I suppose the more nice stuff you put on the car the more it is a target for low life thieves. Good luck in finding a nice system and let us know what you end up getting.
Old 05-31-2005, 05:23 PM

i know that if i would have had an alram none of this would have happened to me. tekniq, make sure you get an alarm. dont be a victim as well. cant wait to see ur car on 22's as well.
Old 05-31-2005, 05:27 PM

ED, again sorry bro....

I just want the alarm to make a sound or so if its being lifted in any way... and while I'm at it get a remote starter built in also..
Old 05-31-2005, 06:03 PM

i dont know i have a viper 791xv alarm i like it has all the options you want. knock on wood thank god ive never had a problem but its a pretty good alarm no complaints
Old 05-31-2005, 06:36 PM
99 SE-L

Ye i have the 791 xv its a pretty nice and dependable alarm in your case teknii you can get a tilt or motion sensor so if your ca ris being lifted or crowed aeround for a long period of time the siren will go on.

Old 05-31-2005, 06:56 PM

well, i am planning on getting that alarm as well. planning on getting the remote starter, all four windows up and down (instead of just the two front ...down only....) pager ,i am also getting a siren hooked up on it so if it goes off it will be a loudy mess !! hoping to get it this weekend... i knew about motion sensors but not about tilit sensors...kewl...i will find out bout that one...since we are in the same subject...does anyoine have a wiring diagram specific for the maxima 05...just to make sure where i install it they hook it up where it is supposed to go and also so i have an idea just in case any future upgrades i may wanna do...cant wait to get me a camera so i can post some pics...
Old 05-31-2005, 07:12 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I bought an Audovox system with the cell phone feature and remote start for around 320.00 notinstalled. Thats "dealer cost". It has al the bells and whistles. I have to go to a friends upstate to get it installed. Been kinda busy. He's had it there for me for over a month. The cell phone feature locates the car like lo jack and locks n unlocks the car. It also starts the car too. I'm not sure but I think it can stop the engine also. I'm going up there in July I'll let ya know how it goes if your interested.
Old 06-01-2005, 06:18 AM

Does our car not have a shock sensor?
If so, where is it located?
Old 06-01-2005, 07:32 AM

When I first got my max, the horn beeped/ lights flashed when I activated the alarm. About 4 months later, the lights just flashed..no beeping :O( I know there is an option in the computer for this and im 100% sure that its set to audible but cant figure out why it wont beep. Any ideas?
Old 06-01-2005, 08:08 AM
I tend to get a bit irritable

options I want:
#1.. remote starter
#3.. pager option

thanx, TEK.....
1) 791 already has remote start
2) If done right the window automation can be used with no additional hardware
3) 791 remote IS a pager
4) All Viper alarms have the option of adding additional sensors

5) Who is Nismo, and what do you mean make it an official thread?
Old 06-01-2005, 08:11 AM

Factory alarms....do not have shock sensors or any additional sensors aside from points of entry. The only way to set them off is by opening a point of entry. Which is easily bypassed by breaking a window and pressing unlock on your door switch, being that they are activated/deactivated with lock/unlock.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:18 AM
我爱台湾

The 791 has all of those features and is a premier car alarm. I have the Clifford Matrix installed on my Expedition that also came with all of those features. I opted for the motion and tilt sensors but 1 word of caution, it would behove you to only get one of the other as far as the sensors are concerned cause with both installed it caused a lot of false alarms due to the sensitivities of the sensors (was told you pretty much do not touch the motion sensor and just adjust the tilt). The tilt is there because of my rims, the motion sensor right now is disabled and will probably be removed from my car and up for sale.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Pearl96Max
1) 791 already has remote start
2) If done right the window automation can be used with no additional hardware
3) 791 remote IS a pager
4) All Viper alarms have the option of adding additional sensors

5) Who is Nismo, and what do you mean make it an official thread?

NISMO.. is my MOD on the 6th gen side.. I didn't want him to delete this thread since we don't have a alarm thread...

I thank all the members that replied... looks like the 791 since theres alot of people that have experienced it..
Old 06-02-2005, 07:53 AM

i sell the 791 and it blows the factory out of the water.... i mean first off its a 2 way alarm whats better than that ! and viper is the most trusted... well i should say any of the D.E.I. products are..... plus if your lucky enough to have a turbo charger in your car the 791 has a built in turbo timer feature to let your car run while it is fully armed..... if ya got any questions on that piece or anything else having to do with audio or remote start/ alarm questions you can email me at leonardo34@comcast.net or if you live in mass come see me at Tweeter in seekonk Ma ,
Old 06-02-2005, 12:31 PM

prestige biches!! 150 installed
Old 06-02-2005, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by 2 Da Max
prestige biches!! 150 installed
Prestige = Audiovox = garbage YOU should have known that.

H3ll I replace more of them than I sell.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:49 PM

lol it was a joke Don, i heard the brain on them fries up after awhile
Old 06-02-2005, 03:36 PM

nothing is a joke with you son...
Old 06-02-2005, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by mattleo
i sell the 791 and it blows the factory out of the water.... i mean first off its a 2 way alarm whats better than that ! and viper is the most trusted... well i should say any of the D.E.I. products are..... plus if your lucky enough to have a turbo charger in your car the 791 has a built in turbo timer feature to let your car run while it is fully armed..... if ya got any questions on that piece or anything else having to do with audio or remote start/ alarm questions you can email me at leonardo34@comcast.net or if you live in mass come see me at Tweeter in seekonk Ma ,
thanx MATT, I will send you an e-mail when I'm ready..... hopefully by the end of the month since this alarm is expensive...
Old 06-02-2005, 07:22 PM
99 SE-L

Hey don my 791 is installed but my trunk does not work any help is appreciated...

Old 06-02-2005, 07:31 PM

well allthough this alarm has no pager.... it was still an excellent alarm.... the clifford concept 600........ i had it on a 75 impala on spinning 22s not too mention one of the easier colums too break and jack the car...... but the alarm was great...didnth ave power windows, but sure it has that option...comes with the prox sensor, my wheels were covered nicely, can be adjusted... i had it just right, so it wouldnt go off every time someone spun my wheel(would beep tho)...but if someone stayed around them...it would....was ultra loud....not too mention the black jack feature....being on 22s...gettin robbed at gun point is an option...hop out the car..withen a block or 2 the car will die and get really loud and be dead( it got me once, had to push the car back home, was the day i got the alarm)...unless u put the code in... i loved the alarm...felt more confident with it. that my car would not get very far even if i gave them the keys..... sorry i was a bit tired when i wrote this...soo if it came out a mess lol...
Old 06-02-2005, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by 99 SE-L
Hey don my 791 is installed but my trunk does not work any help is appreciated...
Did it ever work? Or just stop working all of a sudden?
Directechs claims the trunk release wire at the ecu requires a high current ground for activation, so you might need a relay
Old 06-02-2005, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by 99 SE-L

As I told you in the past posts that you brought it up in... You Need a Relay
Old 06-03-2005, 06:20 AM
99 SE-L

Yes we are using a relay and following the diagram on 12 volt it opened twice now nothing channel 2on the remote blinks high current ground iam sure i have it but where is the best place to ground thanks

Old 06-03-2005, 08:05 AM

i was thinking of getting an air suspenion system, could i connect an alarm to it. so when the car is turned off, it will drop to it's lowest position?
Old 06-03-2005, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by handsofstone
i was thinking of getting an air suspenion system, could i connect an alarm to it. so when the car is turned off, it will drop to it's lowest position?
in a word, yes.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:46 AM

thank you for that
Old 06-04-2005, 01:01 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I am getting the clifford responder or you can wait for their new pager alarm to come out check 475 installed in brookly with window up and down and trunk pop

2-way Responder Transceiver
Optional 1-way
Companion Remote
for Matrix RSX 3.5
and Matrix RSX 1.5

Time Magazine - Clifford Matrix RS3 Review:
"The Mother of All Remotes"

Responder Systems from Matrix are simply the most advanced 2-Way Security and Remote Start systems in the world! The interactive display on the Responder remote confirms all commands - virtually instantly - with easy to understand icons, plus text! It alerts users to security system triggers by beeping or vibrating when out of audible range of the siren. And of course the RSX 3.5 and RSX 1.5 will start your vehicle with the push of a button, and you'll get confirmation back that it started, from up to one-quarter mile away!

Clifford Matrix RSX 3.5 2-Way Security and Remote Start System with Responder Technology

* 5 channel remote start*/security/keyless entry system
* Confirms commands and system triggers on the transceiver LCD screen
* Clone-Safe® Code-Hopping®
* Parking Light Flash
* Failsafe® Starter Kill
* Anti-Grind
* Dual Zone Shock Sensor
* Six-Tone Siren
* Super Bright LED System Status Indicator
* Miniature XCRS (Extreme Capacity Relay Satellite)
* Defroster Output
* Built-in Turbo Timer
* 3 Auxiliary outputs
* Dome Light Supervision
* Includes One 2-way Responder Transceiver
Old 06-09-2005, 08:57 PM

I have a crimestopp installed on my and I love it. Remote start, trunk, alarm, 2 way page
Old 06-22-2005, 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by Pearl96Max
Factory alarms....do not have shock sensors or any additional sensors aside from points of entry. The only way to set them off is by opening a point of entry. Which is easily bypassed by breaking a window and pressing unlock on your door switch, being that they are activated/deactivated with lock/unlock.
Really? That would mean the factory alarm is utterly useless. I owned a Mazda in the 90's, the stock alarm would sound if someone unlock the doors without using a key (like you said break window then press unlock on door).