Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Jensen Indash DVD VM9410 Install

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 10:25 AM

Jensen Indash DVD VM9410 Install

I am having problems installing this unit.

I have attached the manual below.

Install Manual
http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/Man.../110VM9410.PDF

i purchased unit as a demo model..it was working in the store...i went to work that night..and at 1am..when i got home i installed it..but the unit will not power up..

AFter hooking up all the wires..as shown in the manual (except pink wire/parking brake wire which i grounded)..the unit will not power on)

The guy at best buy said there was some trick to getting it powered on..anyone hear about any tricks?? B/c i think the radio is just fubar.

Chas
Old 04-16-2006, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by acidbbg
I am having problems installing this unit.

I have attached the manual below.

Install Manual
http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/Man.../110VM9410.PDF

i purchased unit as a demo model..it was working in the store...i went to work that night..and at 1am..when i got home i installed it..but the unit will not power up..

AFter hooking up all the wires..as shown in the manual (except pink wire/parking brake wire which i grounded)..the unit will not power on)

The guy at best buy said there was some trick to getting it powered on..anyone hear about any tricks?? B/c i think the radio is just fubar.

Chas
I think its because of that wire because these things are designed not to play any movies while you drive. You might have to hook up somekind of switch to it.
Old 04-16-2006, 11:11 AM

LOL that Garfield comic is hilarious!!!!!!!!!!! Some rice example comic.
Old 04-16-2006, 11:16 AM

After looking at the wireing diagram check the yellow power wire the one with the fuse. The pink wire is for video option if you want to watch a movie while you drive hook up a simple switch to it otherwise you will just have a standard view and no video. Also check you ground and make sure its touching bare metal because sometimes a ground wont work through paint so just scratch of some paint where the ground point is.
Old 04-16-2006, 11:28 AM

I took the unit to best buy and they put it on a base station..with small battery..i hooked up..the power...and the grounds..right to terminals..Unit will not power on..

the whole i dea behind switch..is if cop pulls you over you can turn off movie quickly..but that means..that if i just disreguard..pink wire and just connect my ground...12v acc and 12v memeory.the unit should power up..but it don't

Chas
Old 04-16-2006, 11:37 AM

I took the unit to best buy and they put it on a base station..with small battery..i hooked up..the power...and the grounds..right to terminals..Unit will not power on..

the whole i dea behind switch..is if cop pulls you over you can turn off movie quickly..but that means..that if i just disreguard..pink wire and just connect my ground...12v acc and 12v memeory.the unit should power up..but it don't

Chas
Check to see if it has a internal fuse that you could of blown. Did best buy take it back?
Old 04-16-2006, 11:48 AM

Chas
Three things:

1. Its jensen, what the h3ll do you expect? Quality? Function? Enough said there

2. Where did you buy the unit? Best buy? if so go and return it, say its defective and will nto power on DOA...and tell them youw ant an exchange. If the exchange doesnt work then you know it is something that you are doing wrong.

3. YOu may have to connect it to the brake wire and pump it three times. The trick is to send signal to it without disconnecting the wire and enable the unit. Open the user manual and read what it says about activating the unit. But before you go through all that trouble, make sure that the fuse isnt blown, you Absolutley have a flawless ground, and you conenct the yellow, red wire before you worry about the pink one.

Good luck with this. Next time just save up and buy somethign beter (i.e. the kenwood DDX, Pioneer, Eclipse) Hope this helps.
Old 04-16-2006, 03:39 PM

that wire is hooked up to the parking brake.. I had the same unit on a 350z ..I end up cutting the red wire for the parking brake so you can watch the movies while driving BUT its illegal
Old 04-16-2006, 03:50 PM

not sure if anyone actually looked at the manual i posted above..but it does not mention pumping of the parking brake to get unit to power on...and yes..i checked the fuse for radio..it was bad..and had it replaced at best buy..than we did the bench test.

Yes..i purchased from best buy..and yes i plan on returning..if we cannot get unit to power on.

Pro=1 did you have to pump the ebrake to get unit to power on??
Old 04-16-2006, 04:41 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

acid, i would also check in the car audio forum too. if these ideas dont work ask in there, because there are a lot of people who can help you out. also, you can talk to Don, the resident car audio guru, and its a plus cuz you are in NJ if you need some help. if it was working in the store, and not in your car, here is a VERY slim chance something broke in that period of time...check in there to see if anyone else has experience with these things in any other car.

and if it does end up being a bad unit, id suggest return it to best buy and talk to Don (pearl96max). he can give you a pretty good deal on probably a better unit.
Old 04-16-2006, 08:15 PM
I C U

My homegirl had the same unit with the same problem. The problem ended up being the cheap **** harness was messed up. One of the wires were diconnected from the plastic harness that plugs directly in the back of the unit. I took it and threw it at her and told her to bring me something worth installing. LOL. Well for her it was free, sO I guess u get what u pay for in her case.

Good luck though.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:39 AM

Well..i returned unit...got me the pioneer n3.

Chas