Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

just installed a panasonic h/u..

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 05:35 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

oh crap I dont know how I missed that pic lol. No reason for rude comments thanks though.

So guys how do I get the wire to stay around the shields? Do I Solder them?
And can I use 14GA speaker wire I have left over from the Home Theater speakers?
Old 09-18-2006, 05:56 PM
Suspension Yoda

You fold it inside a little bit. Make sure it's not too much that it hits the middle pin.

14 gauge is too big. You need like 16 or 18.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:51 PM

aghh. I only have 14GA around the house. Will it really not work with this?

Also Nilesh could you tell me approximately where you grounded my HU too just so I know where to look. Is it okay to ground to the mounting bracket? Thanks.

Also I thought I was running my rear speakers from the amp in the HU and thr fronts bridged. Why are the rear speakers connected to the amp though? Thanks
Old 09-18-2006, 06:56 PM
Suspension Yoda

Way to hijack a thread....
It will work, but the wires will be big.

HU is mounted to the ABS computer in the back on the bottom, same bracket/bolt I and everyone else I know use. Don't use the bracket itself, that's stupid and redundant.

AFAIK your fronts are bridged and your rears are running off your HU.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:15 PM

hehe yea sorry for the hijack.

Thats what I thought. But why are my rear speakers connected to the Arc amplifier??? Shouldn't they just be connected to the hu? I think something might be amiss here.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:40 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Without hijacking the thread, I would like to create my own thread on a similiar matter but am unable to. So I apologize in advance.

JVC HU KD-G320 connected in a non-bose system, < Stock Clarion PN-2280D>
When listening to a cd, it'll start to give out and in it's place is a high pitch sound. Starting to think it's the wire adapter that Circuit City sold me. < It was a adapter that was already pre-wired to connect going into the car harness. On that same adapter the remote wire coming from the stereo goes straight into the harness but has a loop going back into the same space. I just thought it was because the 2000 maxima didn't have a antenna. I cut that looped blue wire, and connected my external amp remote wire to it to get a signal to the amp.>

Is there anyone out there that has a 2000 SE Maxima, that could tell me where they connected their stereo ground to? Or even, their experience with any pre-wire adapters from circuit city.

Thank You in advance.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:22 PM
Suspension Yoda

Originally Posted by Trevor28
Without hijacking the thread, I would like to create my own thread on a similiar matter but am unable to. So I apologize in advance.

JVC HU KD-G320 connected in a non-bose system, < Stock Clarion PN-2280D>
When listening to a cd, it'll start to give out and in it's place is a high pitch sound. Starting to think it's the wire adapter that Circuit City sold me. < It was a adapter that was already pre-wired to connect going into the car harness. On that same adapter the remote wire coming from the stereo goes straight into the harness but has a loop going back into the same space. I just thought it was because the 2000 maxima didn't have a antenna. I cut that looped blue wire, and connected my external amp remote wire to it to get a signal to the amp.>

Is there anyone out there that has a 2000 SE Maxima, that could tell me where they connected their stereo ground to? Or even, their experience with any pre-wire adapters from circuit city.

Thank You in advance.
But you still did go through with your hijack. You can't post because you didn't read the FAQ's. If you did, you would know you can't start a thread unless you have 15 posts.

I highly doubt that pre-wired adapter is incorrect. Was the wire solid blue or blue with a white stripe? Do you know what a powered antenna is??

There is a bolt near the bottom of the dash hole...holding the ABS computer in place. Ground it there.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:18 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by djfrestyl
But you still did go through with your hijack. You can't post because you didn't read the FAQ's. If you did, you would know you can't start a thread unless you have 15 posts.

I highly doubt that pre-wired adapter is incorrect. Was the wire solid blue or blue with a white stripe? Do you know what a powered antenna is??

There is a bolt near the bottom of the dash hole...holding the ABS computer in place. Ground it there.

Yes, I know what the power wire is and what it does. Unfortunately, yes...I haven't posted a full 15 posts to create my own thread. I joined this site only a day ago. Is this how you treat all new memebers...take it easy.

The connecting harness is pushing another completely out...which is the grey with black stripe. I will return it, if they let me...and exchange it for the harness that I will connect myself. Thanks for your help though in the matter of the ground, that actually helped. Have a great day.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:46 PM
Suspension Yoda

Originally Posted by Trevor28
Yes, I know what the power wire is and what it does. Unfortunately, yes...I haven't posted a full 15 posts to create my own thread. I joined this site only a day ago. Is this how you treat all new memebers...take it easy.

The connecting harness is pushing another completely out...which is the grey with black stripe. I will return it, if they let me...and exchange it for the harness that I will connect myself. Thanks for your help though in the matter of the ground, that actually helped. Have a great day.
Yes, this is how we treat all new members, especially those that hijack threads that are completely unrelated. You should be reading the information that exists prior to posting a question, because most noob questions have already been answered in the stickies/FAQ's or in another thread very closeby.