Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

need help from Kenwood DVD HU owners...

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 09:40 PM

need help from Kenwood DVD HU owners...

i need to figure out how, if possible at all, to make the system play PAL videos in color.

here's the story: i have a Kenwood DDX6019 in the middle of the dash, and then where the OEM screen was i have a 7" monitor (info screen on the bottom). anyways, i'm always playing music videos and everytime it plays a PAL video, all of the screens change from NTSC to PAL (headrest monitors too), but the Kenwood plays in B&W while everything keeps playing in color (and the video feed is from the Kenwood!!!).

any idea why this happens or how to get around it? i've looked and i'm still trying to find answers online but i was hoping maybe an owner has already gone through this...help!
Old 11-29-2006, 09:45 AM
blah

I'm not familiar with kenwood units, but my JVC unit isn't able to play mpeg2 files with ac3 audio streams (plays video but no audio) so I use a program called video convert master to convert the audio stream to mpeg2. This program also has the ability to switch in between ntsc and pal. I found this program to be extremely easy to use and it can convert almost anything. It's only $25 so it's definitely worth it. I found this program when I was doing my senior design project prepping digi cam vids for a presentation.