Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Anybody want 4th Gen Bose speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2001, 02:56 PM

$55 + exact shipping (I'll find out what it is, just tell me zip and prefered shipping method) OBO for the two tweeters and all four speakers. I've gone through three "buyers" with none panning out. SOMEBODY TAKE THESE DAMN THINGS!!!
Old 08-04-2001, 03:28 PM
I aim to misbehave.

me!

I am interested, but I am about to leave on a 1-week + long trip to Florida. I'll get in touch with you as soon as I get back!
Old 08-04-2001, 03:51 PM

YO..I MIGHT BE INTERESTED...

WHY U SELLING EM?? WHAT CONDITION ARE THEY IN??
Old 08-04-2001, 03:53 PM

is it the complete bose system? does it come with the amp on the speakers and stuff..? im not too familiar with it..so tell me wassap alite...
Old 08-04-2001, 06:19 PM

Originally posted by SUPASTEVE
is it the complete bose system? does it come with the amp on the speakers and stuff..? im not too familiar with it..so tell me wassap alite...
Yup, complete Bose speaker system. (Does not include the stereo.) They come with the amps and if the buyer has trouble figuring out the color of the different wires, email me or use the .org. That's what we're here for.

Another thing, I would like to strongly suggest that the buyer of these speakers only use them to replace their blown Bose speakers since their amps were not designed to work with amplified signals. I used them with my Sony deck for a little while and I didn't like it which is why I replaced them a little while back. I never abused them (I'm about sound quality and clarity not loudness) I can't say about the previous owner but they sounded fine to me. I had them for about a year and no problems. My Bose deck died and replaced it with the Sony and you know the rest. Any other Qs, just ask.
Old 08-06-2001, 01:07 PM

Wanna sell me the tweets alone???

Originally posted by SithMax

Yup, complete Bose speaker system. (Does not include the stereo.) They come with the amps and if the buyer has trouble figuring out the color of the different wires, email me or use the .org. That's what we're here for.

Another thing, I would like to strongly suggest that the buyer of these speakers only use them to replace their blown Bose speakers since their amps were not designed to work with amplified signals. I used them with my Sony deck for a little while and I didn't like it which is why I replaced them a little while back. I never abused them (I'm about sound quality and clarity not loudness) I can't say about the previous owner but they sounded fine to me. I had them for about a year and no problems. My Bose deck died and replaced it with the Sony and you know the rest. Any other Qs, just ask.
I am interested in the tweeters alone. If you want $55 for all six then what do you want for the tweeters alone. I want to install them on the rear door . The tweets are working though right?
Old 08-06-2001, 01:39 PM

No, I don't want to sell you the tweets alone.

Originally posted by dvpatel99se

I am interested in the tweeters alone. If you want $55 for all six then what do you want for the tweeters alone. I want to install them on the rear door . The tweets are working though right?
All the speakers are working. But I really don't want to sell them seperately. (Somebody previously said they wanted all six and I already packaged them in a big box together ready to go.) It's just too much trouble to go through selling and shipping a whole bunch of times. Sorry.
Old 09-05-2001, 01:07 AM
K-FLIRT

VERY INTERESTED

Hey SithMax,
I know I'm responding to this post kind of late and those speakers are probably long gone, but in case you still have them and want to get rid of them, I'll be more than happy to take them off your hands. so just give me a buzz if you want to make a deal.
thanks

Kurt

Old 09-05-2001, 03:41 PM

Bose Stereo

Originally posted by SithMax

SithMax, I was wondering if you still have your original broken bose stereo. I would be interested in purchasing it from you if cosmetically it was still in good condition. Thanks.
Old 09-08-2001, 08:09 PM

Stithmax,
If you still have the speakers, send them to 2203 Autumnwood Drive, Hoover, AL 35216, C.O.D. (including shipping) whenever you are ready.
I need a backup set.
Old 09-08-2001, 10:31 PM

Re: Bose Stereo

Originally posted by hiroman_77
SithMax, I was wondering if you still have your original broken bose stereo. I would be interested in purchasing it from you if cosmetically it was still in good condition. Thanks.
Actually, my Weezer CD and Ted Nuget tape (what a combo, right?) were both stuck inside so I had to disect it to remove them. I was VERY careful about it but after what it took to get the CD out without scratching it, I just threw the thing away, instead of putting it back together only to be a paperweight.

Originally posted by Yankee!!!
Stithmax,
If you still have the speakers, send them to 2203 Autumnwood Drive, Hoover, AL 35216, C.O.D. (including shipping) whenever you are ready.
I need a backup set.
Speakers are gone to a good home. Sorry.
Old 09-14-2001, 07:02 PM

as for wiring. when you lok at the bose amp there will be about 6 wires on it. The two thikest are goin to be your power(red)/ground(black) as for speaker wires they will be twisted and probably have a tweeter line and woofer line coming off them.

my .02

Anthony