Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Amp Power / Remote / Ground Problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2001, 06:25 AM

Amp Power / Remote / Ground Problem

I installed my amp yesterday to my stock non-bose in my '98 SE and it won't come on.

I used a line-out converter on the rear speakers but I know that doesn't have anything to do with the power supply to the amp. What I do think is the problem is my remote wire. Someone in this forum told me it was a black w/ red wire but I looked it up on another site and that was a speaker wire.

I also may have a bad ground. I used a screw inside the trunk on the passenger side. I looks like the inside sheet metal, but it may not be enough.

Can someone please help me locate a remote wire, or diagnose another problem?
Old 11-02-2001, 06:43 AM

Re: Amp Power / Remote / Ground Problem

use a jumper from the power on the amp to the remote to see if you have a bad remote wire ...
Old 11-18-2001, 06:27 PM

Re: Amp Power / Remote / Ground Problem

Check this site...it says that the +12 volt battery wire happens to be the blue one. This is the one I spliced the remote wire on my amp to when i installed a sub in my old maxima...it was a 2000 Maxima, which had the non-BOSE system. After that car was totalled i got a bare 2001 Maxima, in which I installed an aftermarket head unit. Get behind your stock stereo and find that blue wire!! Get a T-tap connector from Radio Shack and connect the blue remote wire from your amp to the Blue wire in the factory harness. It should work. Good luck on your system!!

[/B][/QUOTE]http://www.installdr.com/Harnesses/Nissan-Wiring.pdf

[QUOTE]Originally posted by thrustinj
[B]I installed my amp yesterday to my stock non-bose in my '98 SE and it won't come on.

I used a line-out converter on the rear speakers but I know that doesn't have anything to do with the power supply to the amp. What I do think is the problem is my remote wire. Someone in this forum told me it was a black w/ red wire but I looked it up on another site and that was a speaker wire.

I also may have a bad ground. I used a screw inside the trunk on the passenger side. I looks like the inside sheet metal, but it may not be enough.

Can someone please help me locate a remote wire, or diagnose another problem?