Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

JL Audio Clean Sweep as good as it sounds?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 09:51 PM

JL Audio Clean Sweep as good as it sounds?

Has anyone tried a JL Audio CLean Sweep yet, to add to the bose system or know of anyone who has one installed? It's supposed to not only clean up the signal processing for the stock system and enhance the sound via built in DSP Processor as seen here http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_c...php?page_id=92, but it also adds 2 preamp outputs, removing the need for LOC, or PAC adapters etc. Sounds like a perfect tool. Heres a better review from crutchfield http://www.crutchfield.com/S-HfhuDcv...leanSweep.html

Only downside I guess, is that it's not compatible with the steering wheel volume controls
Old 08-02-2009, 10:06 PM

i have no personal experience but the G35 guys swear by it, if you wanna keep your headunit stock it's the way to go. if you're keeping the headunit I don't see why the steering wheel controls wouldn't continue to function?
Old 08-02-2009, 10:12 PM

well the reason the steering wheel controls no longer function is due to the fact that the clean sweep has its own built in main volume control **** which acts as a master volume with the stock **** acting as a primary, i guess it doesnt have a connection for the steering wheel control maybe (too many volume *****???) anyways thats what the crutchfield review listed as the only "con" to the clean sweep.
Old 08-09-2009, 02:00 PM

I had it installed in my 08, as shatterpruf said the remote from the cleansweep becomes your master control know, however you and still use the steering wheel controls for volume if you want. It works wonderful if you want to keep your factory radio, which i thought i wanted to do but i have never had factory radio in any of my cars for too long and thought you know what i want to add thump and keep it simple and factory, guess what that lasted only 3 months, hahaha. If i were you before you buy it, decide if you want to keep the factory the entire time because the cleansweep is not cheap. good luck
Old 08-09-2009, 03:01 PM
Former Vendor

got one of these fs nib if you decide to make a move.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by BLACKonBLACK98
got one of these fs nib if you decide to make a move.
How much are you selling it for? Did it make a major difference over the stock sound quality?
Old 09-02-2009, 05:14 AM
I tend to get a bit irritable

Absolutely useless for a Maximas with or without Blose. There is zero need for it or any summing device, although a search would have shown this. Yes same applies for G35 guys or any Nissan/Infiniti vehicle. Although if adding more to the chain, losing your primary volume and spending money on something that isnt needed makes you happy, be my guest. Result change is nil.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:19 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ExoticTouch
How much are you selling it for? Did it make a major difference over the stock sound quality?
make an offer. i paid ~$250 authorized.

it was never installed so i can't really comment on it's performance.

i bought it to install in my mom's altima but decided it probably wasn't the right tool for the application. the add-on volume control was a big issue along with the fact that the equaliztion was deemed unecessary after some thought (even more so if what don says is true, which is usually the case).