Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

SON OF A B@%$& PLEASE HELP WITH AMP PROB

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 03:19 PM

SON OF A B@%$& PLEASE HELP WITH AMP PROB

Ok I have a 2005 Max SE Non-Bose standard radio....Im trying to hook up an aftermarket amp to stock radio using a line out converter blah blah. Tapped into the speakers already and hooked all that mumbo jumbo up. Power wire and ground wire for the amp is in place...my question is WHAT DO I USE FOR THE REMOTE WIRE? I have already tried using the wire in the back of the head unit to turn the factory amp on (don't remember what color it is)...didnt work. Just now tried the wire connected to the factory amp harness under the rear deck (it was white/black) accessory turn-on...still no juice. I know its the remote wire thats not hooked up right bc i took an extra piece of wire and jumped it from the power to the remote wire input on the aftermarket amp and it turned on. Can someone please help me I'm gettin super irritated. I have a new set of subs coming in two days and Im selling my old ones but no one wants to buy them bc they arent hooked up and they cant listen to em. Thanks in advance and sorry for the novel
Old 09-01-2009, 03:27 PM

blue...like dark/med blue
Old 09-01-2009, 04:56 PM

Where? behind the radio? connecting to the amp??
Old 09-01-2009, 06:28 PM

To the best of my knowledge the bose amp uses 7v on the remote turn on. 7v may not be enough to turn on your sub amp.

Run the remote wire up to the fuse box and tap into the cigarette lighter fuse. It only gets power when the key is on.

I would leave some extra wire up by the fuse box so you can relocate the wire should you choose to replace the factory head unit.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:43 PM

At first I had it hooked up to the green/white wire on the back of the stock headunit which is the remote turn-on for the antenna and the remote turn on for the factory amp. Now I just tried hooking it up to the violet wire which is accessory turn on (I have the complete audio system wiring diagram in my hand) and it blew the 10A fuse to all my audio and mirrors....any other suggestions yet?? I want to keep it something behind the dash no cigarette lighter or whatever else.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:14 PM

Since when is the fuse box located on the outside of the dash? Last time i looked it was in the lower dash behind a cover by the drivers door.

The accessory turn on for the factory radio should have worked though. A 12v accessory tap is a 12v accessory tap, doesn't matter if its behind the radio or behind the fuse panel its still 12v when the ignition is turned on. I would give it another try but test it with a volt meter before connecting it to the amp. If without it hooked to the amp it still blows the fuse then you got a short in the wire you ran. If you measure 12v on it with the ignition turned on with your volt meter and you hook it to the amp and the fuse blows then your either just drawing too much current for the 10amp fuse to hold(which i doubt) or your remote input on your amp is ****ed.