Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Alum or Silk Tweeters

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 05:08 AM

Alum or Silk Tweeters

give me your opinions.. thanks
will be powered by a phoenix gold zx475ti
Old 08-20-2009, 06:35 AM
Suspension Yoda

Depends on the brand. More info please. And, what exactly do you want to know?
Old 08-20-2009, 10:58 AM

diamond audio, and i want to hear what people have to say about one or the other.

Last edited by CraigsMax01; 08-20-2009 at 11:00 AM.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:29 PM
I tend to get a bit irritable

'Diamond Audio' Can you be more specific ? Its like asking about a new car and saying 'GM'.
Old 08-22-2009, 04:41 PM

this is getn no where fast. what do u want? sound bites, and pics of the speakers. i answer one question and get another....

diamond audio, they make speakers, component sets, subs, and amps, thats why this is the audio thread

i am trying to get the opinion of someone about aluminum vs silk tweeters, because they make component sets in both types. if thats too hard, please ignore my thread
Old 08-22-2009, 05:00 PM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

EVERY silk and EVERY aluminum tweeter isn't gonna sound the same. We can say alum is better or silk is better but it doesn't mean anything if you don't give us some REAL info. You could be talking about the current garbage DA, or the older, much better stuff. Give us some model numbers and we might be able to help you out a bit better
Old 08-22-2009, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by CraigsMax01
this is getn no where fast. what do u want? sound bites, and pics of the speakers. i answer one question and get another....

diamond audio, they make speakers, component sets, subs, and amps, thats why this is the audio thread

i am trying to get the opinion of someone about aluminum vs silk tweeters, because they make component sets in both types. if thats too hard, please ignore my thread
Wow, just wow. I try to get more information to actually help you and you come back with this $hit ? Do you actually Expect ANYone to help you after this ?

Diamond audio is a 'speaker company' yes. They make their own speakers ? FALSE. Try again. They make amps ? Oops again. FALSE. They BUY made products and stamp their name on em like most companies.

Diamond Audio has been around since about '99. From then they have changed speaker manufacturers and even OWNERS several times. Hence the reason for me asking. Of course you apparently dont want help though, you just want to try to come back with useless sarcasm. Change your attitude and actually supply requested info and maybe, just maybe someone will help. Now if THAT is too hard, I can gladly delete your thread.
Old 08-22-2009, 05:49 PM

dude, delete what u want to delete. read the thread from the top to your comment, and think what others would think.

who started with the sarcasm, you, and i reply with the same and you get all offended. you apparently know more about the product in question, so why not just come out and say what you did in your first reply, something like

"hey man, DA has been through many changes and arent quite the company that they were before, you mind giving me some specifics on the speakers at hand?"

much better than...
'Diamond Audio' Can you be more specific ? Its like asking about a new car and saying 'GM'.

comments such as these have turned off fellow maxima owners i have tried to introduce to this site.

thanks for "nismos14" for your to the point answer.

so will this be deleted or can i continue?
Old 08-22-2009, 06:00 PM

D662A or S were the ones in question. and the first set i got were bought back in 2000, so im geussing they were the better ones. they lasted until my zx475ti started to go out, and blew out one set. they were the tweets with out the dimples around them
Old 08-22-2009, 06:03 PM

dude, delete what u want to delete. read the thread from the top to your comment, and think what others would think.

who started with the sarcasm, you, and i reply with the same and you get all offended. you apparently know more about the product in question, so why not just come out and say what you did in your first reply, something like

"hey man, DA has been through many changes and arent quite the company that they were before, you mind giving me some specifics on the speakers at hand?"

much better than...

comments such as these have turned off fellow maxima owners i have tried to introduce to this site.

thanks for "nismos14" for your to the point answer.

so will this be deleted or can i continue?
So YOU start with an extremely vague question as I have already pointed out in my first response and I am to blame ? Really ? Kind of simple minded dont you think ? Try searching, get some product information and then present it as an intelligent question.

Your absolutely first post was " give your opinions.. thanks" I can personally kill some major bandwidth with something so vague. So then you were asked more specifically which and you simply replied with Diamond Audio. Still vague.

Try something along the lines of starting with .. I am considering two sets of Diamond Audio components, model numbers: xxx and xxx. What are your thoughts of the Aluminum tweet in xxx Vs the Silk tweet in xxx ? THEN you would see results IF anyone has specific experience.

Sorry bud, I stopped spoon feeding my children years ago. I am not about to start again with a grown man. Although I am noticing that I partially did already by telling you what you should have said to begin with. Shame on me.

AND FINALLY ... You STILL have not given specific data for anyone to help.
Old 08-22-2009, 06:05 PM

D662A or S were the ones in question. and the first set i got were bought back in 2000, so im geussing they were the better ones. they lasted until my zx475ti started to go out, and blew out one set. they were the tweets with out the dimples around them
MUCH better. NOW to move on. What were your likes and dislikes of them ? What type of music and how do you listen to ? Where are the tweets mounted ? Are you basing a new buying experience from your old one ? If so, not nearly the same and the Aluminums will kick you in your head. Silks - alot less, but personally still intolerable.
Old 08-22-2009, 06:10 PM

if u read my last post, there are model numbers. but u dont have to help me.

just stop replying if im doing so much wrong.
Old 08-22-2009, 06:23 PM

WTF, are you kidding me ? Do you read ALL the posts before you reply ? Look right above yours. I guess I should stop now then, since I Still for whatever reason now escapes me I tried.
Old 08-22-2009, 08:10 PM

Dood is this conversation really happening?
Old 08-24-2009, 06:26 AM

sorry org.
no further replies needed
Old 08-24-2009, 07:20 AM

i respect your position on knowing all that you know. but in typed form sarcasm can be taken as "smart a$$'ness"

i dont wanna have any beef with anyone. and you know your shyt. so lets cool it and continue to be possitive members. DEAL?
Old 08-24-2009, 08:42 AM
Former Vendor

it's all in what you want to hear. textile domes are generally described as more "laid back" (wtf does that mean?) while metal domes are described as "bright" (i know what that means to my ears... HARSH). for the simple fact that i have a problem () with high frequencies i stay away from metal.

that being said, material isn't really an accurate gauge of performance.

where as my post is very general an not extremely helpful, there are some ppl here with much more experience that are happy to help someone with a good question and a good attitude.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:44 AM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

Originally Posted by BLACKonBLACK98
it's all in what you want to hear. textile domes are generally described as more "laid back" (wtf does that mean?) while metal domes are described as "bright" (i know what that means to my ears... HARSH). for the simple fact that i have a problem () with high frequencies i stay away from metal.

that being said, material isn't really an accurate gauge of performance.

where as my post is very general an not extremely helpful, there are some ppl here with much more experience that are happy to help someone with a good question and a good attitude.
How would you know? You never installed any of that equipment you been hoarding.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:58 AM

i just installed a set of AlpineType Rs, current model 6.5s, and i had to take them down a notch on the Xover. but they sound great now. not much power though, 50x4 maybe.

they were a tad annoying at full tilt with no xover adj made
Old 08-24-2009, 09:19 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by nismos14
How would you know? You never installed any of that equipment you been hoarding.
fool i got some high end vc100s installed. naw... i just listen to other people's.