Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

My new system install in progress w/pics

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 10:05 PM

oh no they fit fine but when the kicks got painted and were up next to the old door panels with new leather inserts i was like what the hell lets clean this up.

I will call you tomorrow because I have some floor noise as well no alt whine but a hiss that can be heard between tracks on a cd or when the volume is down really low. I know with the caliber of this equipment if your not hearing music you shouldnt be hearing anything at all.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by AscendantMax
i did something similar to my amps. i have the larger 4ch amp on the bottom and the smaller one right on top, at about a 30* angle.

old pics, but you get the idea. i'm sure yours will turn out a ton cleaner!
thats exactly what Im thinking but inverted so the top overlaps the bottom and mounted on the wall where the small amp is now. perfect pic too! Thanks.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:29 AM

simplest option
Old 08-24-2009, 12:01 PM
Suspension Yoda

That works.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:43 PM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

Got any better pics of the hood struts setup in the trunk? Some detailed pics would help me alot.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by nismos14
Got any better pics of the hood struts setup in the trunk? Some detailed pics would help me alot.
I take some for you tonite or tomorrow.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:16 PM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

Thank you
Old 08-27-2009, 10:14 PM

Thank you
havent forgot about you but by the time I got home it was dark so manana' I promise.

anyway here is the amprack solution in the dak of course. more pics in the am.

and of course the walkaround
http://video.cardomain.com/VideoPlayer.aspx?id=703692
Old 08-27-2009, 11:22 PM

beautiful man. nice work.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:55 AM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

thanks, looks nice!
Old 08-28-2009, 01:56 PM

day pics of amp rack

Old 08-28-2009, 02:04 PM

OK so th hood struts are made by strong arm.
They are 19.7" long fully extended.
I started with 30 psi but that wasnt strong enough in my estimation. it held the trunk up when fully open but that was it. so I went up to 95 psi.
with the 95 psi when you hit the trunk pin the trunk opens all the way up for you automatically!
now to figure out a motor to close it automatically as well? ;0D
anyway. these struts come with 10mm ball socket mounts but the brackets are not included make sure you buy them. anyway we fabbed up a bracket to attach the strut to the trunk hinge where the scissor tension bar went thru

then we mounted the other sides bracket to the trunk wall behind the seat and pushed it thru the carpet covering to hide the bracket

Last edited by phxgold; 08-28-2009 at 10:45 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:47 PM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

thanks!
Old 08-28-2009, 10:44 PM

no problem, wish I had a better camera.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:38 PM

man nate built my alts and it worked GREAT, the guy is good with the alts. can you have your seats redone with the memory foam? is that expensive? can you tell a differnce after its put in?
Old 09-08-2009, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by MURDRMAX
man nate built my alts and it worked GREAT, the guy is good with the alts. can you have your seats redone with the memory foam? is that expensive? can you tell a differnce after its put in?
I notice the difference its a firmer seat but comfortable like its built for you and you only no atter how you sit. cost was nominal.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:58 AM

i need to find a shop around here that can do that. i wonder how it will hold up in the long run?
Old 09-09-2009, 06:09 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by phxgold
now to figure out a motor to close it automatically as well? ;0D
to have it open and close automatically you can use a linear actuator. aka very popular "pop trunk" mod down here in houston.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:11 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by MURDRMAX
i need to find a shop around here that can do that. i wonder how it will hold up in the long run?
should be very durable since memory foam will not loose it's shape over time. i had planned to do this for my max a while back but never got to it. still have a big slab of foam.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:59 AM
I need a truck

Nice set up
Old 09-09-2009, 05:59 PM

looks much better now with the amps repositioned!
Old 09-10-2009, 10:32 PM

looks much better now with the amps repositioned!
Thx I caught the bug lmao
will replace rear speakers with dyn 242 2 wat set run passive will redo doors in rear to hold em. gotta dd another p2 ultra. and am now going active with the 362's with a zapco dsp6 will also put 2 TRU line drivers in the mix too.
so amp rack will change to a welded floating amp rack with a p4 and p1 on bottom and 2 p2's up top, lighting will as well in the next few weeks. debating a kenwood 9140 as well so the eclipse cd7200 might be up for bids soon. stay tuned!
Old 09-10-2009, 10:43 PM

What are your thoughts about those IAs?
Old 09-11-2009, 07:13 AM

What are your thoughts about those IAs?
AMAZING!

for a bit I was wondering about my purchase but I remember distinctly when it happened.

When I first had everything put in and tuned I was like hey this is a cool set up but I cant crank itbecause nothing was broken in yet. i left everything on overnight in the car for a few days and didnt really drive the car. i wanted to be sure I was breaking in the speakers and not just my ear ya know.
Then on saturday I was sitting in my car out in the garage having a beer (kids took over my man cave lol)
i was playing santana supernatural and it was like the subs turned into what they ar esupposed to be it was like 1 minute they were just subs and instantly they became something more.
"do you like the way" came on and all hell broke loose. My car was something different I cant explain it really its just the low end ive heard in the past always to me was a monotone bump bump boom. This was different I didnt just feel the bass I heard the bass (make sense? i hope so becasue thats the only way I know how to describe it) it separated the sub channel into an insturment with personality instead of a filler.

so since it was such a dramatic change I swapped out the cd for my ipod and started playing a track off of def jazz called Ghetto Jam if you havent heard it the bassline is insane! real stand up bass jazz cover of an old school rap tune (buy this album if you like sq!) anyway the bass line was true accurate in no way boomy I guess they call this "transparent?" it blended with the dyns flawlessly and hit every note like someone was sitting in front of me pluckin away on a stand up bass. the kickdrums comming out of the 8" midbass and those subs together are a dream! if you want to go IB i say IA period bar none I personally have never heard anything like it.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:23 AM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

AMAZING!

for a bit I was wondering about my purchase but I remember distinctly when it happened.

When I first had everything put in and tuned I was like hey this is a cool set up but I cant crank itbecause nothing was broken in yet. i left everything on overnight in the car for a few days and didnt really drive the car. i wanted to be sure I was breaking in the speakers and not just my ear ya know.
Then on saturday I was sitting in my car out in the garage having a beer (kids took over my man cave lol)
i was playing santana supernatural and it was like the subs turned into what they ar esupposed to be it was like 1 minute they were just subs and instantly they became something more.
"do you like the way" came on and all hell broke loose. My car was something different I cant explain it really its just the low end ive heard in the past always to me was a monotone bump bump boom. This was different I didnt just feel the bass I heard the bass (make sense? i hope so becasue thats the only way I know how to describe it) it separated the sub channel into an insturment with personality instead of a filler.

so since it was such a dramatic change I swapped out the cd for my ipod and started playing a track off of def jazz called Ghetto Jam if you havent heard it the bassline is insane! real stand up bass jazz cover of an old school rap tune (buy this album if you like sq!) anyway the bass line was true accurate in no way boomy I guess they call this "transparent?" it blended with the dyns flawlessly and hit every note like someone was sitting in front of me pluckin away on a stand up bass. the kickdrums comming out of the 8" midbass and those subs together are a dream! if you want to go IB i say IA period bar none I personally have never heard anything like it.
What other subs have you used IB?
Old 09-11-2009, 07:40 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

looks good! cant wait to get my new car and put all my stuff back in.

this is to whoever had the Hertz sub, how does it sound? how many watts are you pushing? I had component Hertz up front and 3 ways in the back with a 600w amp powering the fronts. I was gonna add a sub or 4 but wrecked the max, wanted to know what they sounded like

B

Last edited by NissanMan97; 09-11-2009 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Im dumb!
Old 09-11-2009, 07:49 AM

First IB set up for me personally.
But I have heard AE, IDQ and IDMAX in similar installs none of those were quite what I hear from these flatlynes. The funny think is I bought the flatlynes based solely on reviews I had read by sq competitors on DIYmobile audio. not only did I want to try them because of teh write ups but I also like having something different than everyone else. alot of people look at you like your crazy when you say you have IA since they dont know what they are. I had never heard them before.
I liked what I heard from Image dynamics but the reviews I read basically were right IDQ is the **** when it comes to IB but flatlynes are something more.

something else that was different for me. I have always had boxes for my subs. when I open my trunk while music is playing there is very little sound comming out of my trunk even tho my cabin is filled with sound. I will admit that I never listened to an IB set up before with the trunk open. but I thought that was weird. also all trunk rattling is pretty much gone. granted the struts are there now which push up on the trunk putting it firmly against the latch. but based on the lack of bass comming out of the trunk when the trunk is open I think the sound waves are all being pushed inside the cabin which is deadend beyond belief.

Hones to god everything inside the car can be sheer pandamonium but outside you hear very very little when the doors are shut and windows are rolled up. Just an observation.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by NissanMan97

this is to whoever had the Nertz sub, how does it sound? how many watts are you pushing? I had component Nertz up front and 3 ways in the back with a 600w amp powering the fronts. I was gonna add a sub or 4 but wrecked the max, wanted to know what they sounded like

B
do you mean hertz...?
Old 09-11-2009, 09:50 AM

do you mean hertz...?
lol...yea sorry i didnt realize i was hitting H

B
Old 09-11-2009, 08:09 PM

this is to whoever had the Nertz sub, how does it sound? how many watts are you pushing? I had component Nertz up front and 3 ways in the back with a 600w amp powering the fronts. I was gonna add a sub or 4 but wrecked the max, wanted to know what they sounded like

B

"do you mean hertz...?"

B

Last edited by phxgold; 09-11-2009 at 08:13 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:27 PM
KH3 by popular demand

I hope to see and hear this set up at a meet. Bagged and turboed soon. Interesting. I've never personally heard an ib setup I want to get away from the sub box scene too and free up some space even though mine is fiberglass.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:59 AM

B

"do you mean hertz...?"

B

yea again not very smart coming from me. I mean Hertz not nertz.

B