Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Thinking of changing my radio

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 04:23 PM

Thinking of changing my radio

Hello everyone! Lately I been thinking of changing my stock non-bose radio to the pioneer avh-4100 dvd.Im looking into this radio because it has the AUX in the back and i would like to put my ipod in the glove department or even in the center console. I still want to use my control on my steering wheel. Im going to purchase the wire for it but my question was trip button should work no matter what even if the audio button don't work? Also what speakers do you guys recommand? Im looking for voice speakers and i was looking into alpine type r & adding a amp to it or my friend told me audiopipe is also a great voice speakers. What is everyone using? I already have a 12in type r sub & alpine mpr-500 amp.

-Thanks Mel
Old 12-09-2009, 05:25 PM

thats a good headunit bro, honestly id go with some polk components or the alpines u mentioned. as for the ipod i would run a long cable under the center console and pop out the coin holder thingy and drill a hole for it to go threw, i did that to my friends max a few weeks ago looks and functions great. id answer ur other question but i honestly dont know anything about it lol
Old 12-09-2009, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by bigpopaj369
thats a good headunit bro, honestly id go with some polk components or the alpines u mentioned. as for the ipod i would run a long cable under the center console and pop out the coin holder thingy and drill a hole for it to go threw, i did that to my friends max a few weeks ago looks and functions great. id answer ur other question but i honestly dont know anything about it lol
yeah im going to get that radio and my brother is getting the avh-3100 dvd in his expedition. Polk components? Im going to look into those. My friends from work are telling that Infinity speakers are great voice speaker but im not to sure about it. And for the ipod you just gave me another great idea!! because im trying to go with clear stock look, im also going to purchase the gxe double din so it can look oem. But i know someone on here would know if it disconnect the trip button or not, Because honestly i don't want to mess with that lol..
Old 12-09-2009, 06:59 PM

ya infiniti makes great speakers their kappa perfects are pretty amazing. that ipod trick looks real clean. post us some pics of whatever u end up doing bro!
Old 12-09-2009, 08:54 PM

ya infiniti makes great speakers their kappa perfects are pretty amazing. that ipod trick looks real clean. post us some pics of whatever u end up doing bro!
Would you be able to take picture of ipod mod you did by any chance? I def will just waiting till xmas and im going all in on my audio/alarm & then i work on the outside
Old 12-09-2009, 11:38 PM

If it helps you at all, I have Alpine Type-R 6 1/2" in all 4 doors and they sound great! But, speaking of infinity, I put 4 kappa's in my friends mustang and I was pretty happy with them too. But for my own car I've never owned anything other than Alpine products..but that's just me
Old 12-10-2009, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by Maxin03
Would you be able to take picture of ipod mod you did by any chance? I def will just waiting till xmas and im going all in on my audio/alarm & then i work on the outside
when my friend is back in town in a few days i can take a pic. but to give u an idea look in this thread http://forums.maxima.org/5th-generat...-port-how.html u can see he used it for a usb charger it looks similar just with and ipod cord

Last edited by bigpopaj369; 12-10-2009 at 05:44 AM.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by byrdman164
If it helps you at all, I have Alpine Type-R 6 1/2" in all 4 doors and they sound great! But, speaking of infinity, I put 4 kappa's in my friends mustang and I was pretty happy with them too. But for my own car I've never owned anything other than Alpine products..but that's just me
Do you have the type r amp up or nah? I was looking at kappa's also. Prices doesn't matter to me because i get it half off at my job. But we only carry certain brands. I was just thinking of just getting all alpine because i already have typr r sub n mrp-500 only thing that going to be different is going to be the radio. (pioneer)
Old 12-10-2009, 05:53 AM

when my friend is back in town in a few days i can take a pic. but to give u an idea look in this thread http://forums.maxima.org/5th-generat...-port-how.html u can see he used it for a usb charger it looks similar just with and ipod cord
Ok thanks! That pretty good idea also but i was looking to hide the ipod inside the center console only because i guess the owner had something in there & now i have a hole on the side & back,so it gave me a idea to put my ipod in there..I don't know it just an idea lol..