Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Question About In-dash Lcd Screen

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2002, 05:23 AM

Question About In-dash Lcd Screen

I have a 1995 and I plan on getting a 6.4" or 7" LCD screen and mounting it in my dash where the radio is. From what I've been reading, either of these will fit there with no problem. I just want to make sure thats true.
I plan on getting a DVD/CD player, most likely a panasonic. What else do i need to complete this setup as far as wires or anything needed to mount the tv.

and any suggestions are great so please give me some, except i want to set it up this way rather than getting the receiver with the flip up screen.

thanks
Old 01-11-2002, 02:38 PM
KCTYPHOON

Re: Question About In-dash Lcd Screen

Originally posted by Daddy Fat Sacks
I have a 1995 and I plan on getting a 6.4" or 7" LCD screen and mounting it in my dash where the radio is. From what I've been reading, either of these will fit there with no problem. I just want to make sure thats true.
I plan on getting a DVD/CD player, most likely a panasonic. What else do i need to complete this setup as far as wires or anything needed to mount the tv.

and any suggestions are great so please give me some, except i want to set it up this way rather than getting the receiver with the flip up screen.

thanks
i wanna do the same thing, so ive been looking around alot and doing alot of research.. this is what ive learned.. the panasonic is good quality, but lacks in having good graphics and features.. what panasonice does is they wait for everyone to come out with thsir models, and then they make theirs.. its suppose to be very well built but not as nice to sit and watch. i dont know what it does/doesnt come with cause once i heard that i was steered off. the pioneer has a single din cd/dvd player. 7" screen, has good graphics and ALOT of features you can add onto. depending on the module you buy, the 8000 is the middle version, and the 9000 has the prologic decoder. neither of these are included and you also have to buy the antennas for like another 100 bucks or so. you can even add on voice command for like another 180. the screen has motorized tilt to a few positions but you have to close it to gain access to the climate controls. i was told that the screen needs to be open to just listen to the radio or a cd but i would look into that. the kenwood cd/dvd comes with everything you need. you dont have to buy anything else unless you want prologic sound and that like 350 extra 4 the decoder. my friend has this one in his car. it has VERY good graphics, ALOT of features, and its even TOUCH SCREEN, so you dont have to fumble with a remote. this is a VERY NICE TOY TO HAVE IN YOUR CAR.. trust me youll get the attention you want with this one. the screen is motorized in/out and manual flip-up, which is an advantage in our cars cause you can just flip it down to get the the ac/heat controls. i know for a fact you can listen to the radio and cd's with the screen in the closed position which is really good cause the screen is a distraction when your driving and if your not watching anything i think it gets annoying.. the kenwood goes for like 1900 on most sites and if my friend didnt already have it thats what i'd proably get.. hope this helps some

Old 01-11-2002, 02:40 PM
KCTYPHOON

damn.. i just re-read your post.. i wrote all this for nothing.. lol anyway.. a 7" screen will monnt very nice if you do it behind the dash.. this way all you see is the screen and not the platic border around it. i know kenwood makes a touch screen verion of this too, im not sure what size though..

Old 01-11-2002, 11:59 PM

Originally posted by KCTYPHOON
damn.. i just re-read your post.. i wrote all this for nothing.. lol anyway.. a 7" screen will monnt very nice if you do it behind the dash.. this way all you see is the screen and not the platic border around it. i know kenwood makes a touch screen verion of this too, im not sure what size though..
thats the 910DVD unit, retails at $2500 and its a dvd/cd/tv/radio/touch screen all in one unit. Extremely clear picture, but for that price id rather get new paint.
Old 01-12-2002, 09:45 AM
KCTYPHOON

Originally posted by ny96max

thats the 910DVD unit, retails at $2500 and its a dvd/cd/tv/radio/touch screen all in one unit. Extremely clear picture, but for that price id rather get new paint.
thats an in dash flip out tv.. thats not what hes looking for. i though the same thing cause i read his post fast. he want to put a monitor mounted in the double din space with a head unit under it.

Old 01-12-2002, 07:04 PM

the Clarion CD-RB10 fits perfectly 6.4" screen. I think im goin with a flip out cause the flush mounted will stick out like a sore thumb.

Ant