Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Nissan 07 Maxima Bose Aftermarket Problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 12:58 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Nissan 07 Maxima Bose Aftermarket Problem

Hi there,
I had Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS installed in my car with a very good price.

I recently discovered strange issue. As you can see in the video link below, when the volume goes high the screen some kind throws static back. I took it to the mechanic who installed the system, he checked all the cabling and re-did the cabling but the issue was still there. He then added sound cleaning module but the issue was still there. Then he replaced the unit and checked, but the issue was still there. So he finally came to saying, its not the system its the speaker or the Bose amp that my 07 Nissan Maxima has.

Has anyone came across with this kind of problem?

Here is the link of the video I posted on youtube.

Is it the Bose Amp causing the problem? I have a 4 Channel Amp and a Sub Amp which I took out of my previous car....Can I use that one?

I also, have seen people using the aftermarket HU with Bose without any issues, may be different amp and configs in cars?

Any solution/help please.
Thank You
Old 01-31-2013, 12:16 PM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

You can integrate with bose no problem at all. What harness did he use to do so? That may be your culprit.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:04 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thanks for the reply. My Auto guy fixed the problem. The recommendation in the market is to use the Special harness for Bose system, and that is the one he was using. But he spoke to somebody and they advised him to use the regular harness. he did, and the problem went away.