Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Remote start advice and a couple other things.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 12:23 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Remote start advice and a couple other things.

hey guys,

Its been a while since I've been in this forum. Good to see some of you guys are still around!

I'm going to get a remote starter installed in my 2012 maxima S. The place I'm planning on bringing it to get it installed uses the audiovox prestige remote starters. I am looking to stay very basic and just get something that will start my car with no other bells and whistles. I've read some conflicting things about the audiovox starters, so i was wondering what your thoughts were. Are they reliable? I'm looking to keep costs as low as possible and like I said, just looking for something that will start my car from inside the house in the mornings.

I was also going to talk to them about ipod integration. I currently just have my ipod connected via the 3.5mm auxillary input, but its kind of a pain playing with the ipod and having to connect it and disconnect it all the time. I was curious if there is any way to connect my ipod so I can hide the ipod and control it through the stock system, but I have a feeling thats likely not going to happen. The other option is that I have a alpine CDA-9885 that I took out of my 2003 max that I could have installed, but then the big orange screen in the dash would be blank all the time. Do you guys have any advice or other suggestion on what might work?

The 3rd thing is that I'm mostly satisfied with the stock system, but the bass seems a little muddy. I was curious is there were any 6x9 "subwoofers" that could be relatively easily swapped for the stock 6x9's in the rear deck to get some cleaner and more defined bass? Again, I'm looking to keep costs to a minimum.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by vball_max; 04-25-2014 at 12:26 PM.
Old 05-12-2014, 07:24 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

No one?

I stopped by the place yesterday and they said it would be $349 for the install of the basic one button remote starter. Is that a decent price?

Thanks.
Old 05-23-2014, 02:49 PM

thats a lil up there for just a 1 button remote start price, push to start or not...im sure it would be cheaper for you to have the bypass do your entire remote start instead of buying a unit and bypass which is needed anyways...and the fact of having another remote when the key is the remote is kinda dumb imo. if you buy an idatalink ads-al-ca or something related, it should cost you less than $350 and all you have to do is press lock 3 times on the factory key fob. range is same range as the car can lock and unlock the doors now, but you can add an antenna for extended range. still cheaper than 350 and still 1 remote, no extra bulk on your key ring.

Last edited by Goomz; 05-23-2014 at 02:51 PM.