Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Alpine Alpine SPS-610 and 610C Amp or Not

Old 10-28-2014, 07:36 PM

Alpine Alpine SPS-610 and 610C Amp or Not

Hey guys.. I didnt want to start a new post about this but i said whatever.. If i get some info for me thats worth it.... Because so far. Ive actually gotten the best info and suggestions that i followed. I was told to buy either the kenwood or alpine headunit

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X498
or
Alpine CDE-154BT

anyway i went with the Kenwood.. Which i like.. but now i dont know its a little annouing and might return it for Alpine.. Since i got the Alpine Speakers.. Might as well make it a Set Thats not 100% though

Anyway.. My Real questions was The Alpine Speakers if i should Amp them . They are 80RMS each speaker.. And the Headunit is onlt 22RMS x 4 so now.. I dont know if i can safely amp the components without hurting the tweeters.. This is from what i was reading.. But i could be mistaken... So i wanted to see if i can get some help and suggestions on how to set this baby up Properly.. Right now.. The Speakers arent installed.. Currently im running the Bose System with aftermarket HeadUnit.. and it sounds Clear.. But not Loud AT ALL!!!.. and obiouslt loud isnt always good.. Clarity is important.. But its literallt all the way max voliume.. and not nearlt as loud as it can be.. I can hear the stock speakers want and can get more juice.. So I figured.. i want to change the speakers anyway since im trying to get rid of the Bose compleltey. I want to throw in the Alpine Speakres Front and Rear.. and then Add a 10" Sub i have as well... Now it comes down to Amps.. I dont have any idea of what to do when it comes down to Amps.. I have some old *** Sony Amp laying around thats max 130RMS i believe which i spoke about on a different thread.. Anyway... PLEASE HELP!!!. im really confused and like dying to put these speakers in the car .. BUt i want to first make sure i have all the right stuff to get them working properly.. And also have a sub .. So Amping the Type S is siggested or not? Some people say its not neccesary which doesnt make sense since the kenwood is only pumping out 22 RMS and they can handle up to 80 so it should def be a big change I would think by amping them.. I just dont want to mess these brand new speakers up.. Im going to take it to a professional spot to be installed. But i want your guys opimions first just in case they dont know whats up.. one spot told me theyr gonna use the factory wires. and i dont know if thats smart.. I would think running new wires would be better wouldnt it. Hope i didnt confuse the **** out of you guys please forgive me if i did.. My Brain Farts out information sometimes and i can control it
Thanks so much in advance for all the help ive gotten
Old 11-09-2014, 08:02 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Get an amplifier, your system will sound more dynamic and less strained than running the speakers off your head unit. Using your factory wiring will be fine, but I prefer to use thicker cable when I can.
Old 11-09-2014, 10:36 PM

Hey thanks for response. Yeah so I randomly found and alpine amp and bough it from someone. It's the f250 http://www.crutchfield.com/ISEO-rgbt...-MRP-F250.html

So hopefully that will get me more juice to the speakers. Now I just gotta get the speakers wired to amp. Which I wouldn't know n want to run all that speaker wire myself. Unless there's n easier way using factory wires. So I'll have to pay a place to do it.
Old 11-10-2014, 04:25 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

You could just wire the amp wires to the OEM wiring adapter if you have one...they usually have which wires go to which speaker labeled on them. If not, running new speaker wire is not too hard to do.
Old 11-10-2014, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by 1996blackmax
You could just wire the amp wires to the OEM wiring adapter if you have one...they usually have which wires go to which speaker labeled on them. If not, running new speaker wire is not too hard to do.
what wiring adapter you reffering to.. Not the Metra Harness right.. or the wiring that goes to factory amp.. Not to sure really where the wires are that i need to tap into .. are all the speaker wires.. Going to the Factory Amp. in the trunk or somewhere else... I mean i dont really wanna start running the speaker wires myself.. Just because im not to sure on where to run them through and such.. And also having to get a ton of Speaker wire as well.. At that point ill just pay a place to do it for me.. But if i can easily use the factory wires to run it to the Alpine amp ill be using that would be great.. and just add additonal wires from the factory wires to amp.. If thats what i can do... If you can maybe eloborate on that a little.. That would be helpful.. of theres a thread on it somewhere that i can read up on. even better