Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

Can someone recommend me a good set of interior speakers and sub amp?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2002, 09:04 AM

Can someone recommend me a good set of interior speakers and sub amp?

Can someone recommend me a good set of interior speakers? I want to spend approx 200 for 4 speakers. Maybe components up front.

Also for the sub amp i got dual 12" with dual voice coil.
I probably need 2 1500w amps @ 1 ohm each.
Old 01-28-2002, 11:02 AM

Re: Can someone recommend me a good set of interior speakers and sub amp?

Originally posted by 00MAXIMA00
Can someone recommend me a good set of interior speakers? I want to spend approx 200 for 4 speakers. Maybe components up front.

I have MA Audio speakers in the rear and PPI up front. But it will cost over 200 for all four. But they are great speakers.
Old 01-28-2002, 11:55 AM

interior speakers?????? Are there exterer for the car?
Old 01-28-2002, 07:34 PM

as far as speakers go, i would go with diamond audio M3 6.5" coax if i had the money..but i got a deal on some memphis 6.5" coax and i must say they sound great. much better than my 5.25" cerwin vega stealth series...
as for an amp...MA audio HC4002..a friend had two of them powering a cerwin vega stroker 15" until he melted the VCs...now hes going with 2 15" ma audio DXi and if i'm not mistaken, dropping one amp and running 2400x1@1ohm (dont quote me on this..i might be a little off).
anyway, if you're looking for that kind of power, look at MA audio HC (high current) amps, i've heard nothing but good things about them.

hope this helps
Old 02-10-2002, 11:19 PM

No point using high current MA Audio amplifiers fora 4 speaker setup.

Best deal out there right now is some Crystal Mobilsound components or coaxials that are being closed out on a few sites. www.mmxpress.com, www.audio-n-more.com or www.sounddomain.com a good inexpensive amp to run all those would be something like a US Acoustics USX-4065 or 4085.
Old 02-15-2002, 05:14 AM

CHECK IT OUT IF YOU DON'T HAVE ALOT OF MONEY, YOU MIGHT WANT TO DO WHAT I DID. I PURCHASED SOME INIFINTI KAPPAS FROM CRUTCHFIELD AND INSTALLED THEM IN THE REAR. I ALSO BOUGHT SOME MTX MIDS AND A SET OF PIONEER TWEETS , BOTH HAVE INLINE CROSSOVERS. MY BASS COMES FROM A 10" MTX BLU THUNDER. I HAVE A SONY 404 PUSHING THE 6.5'S AND A FOSGATE 2600 CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES AMP PUSHING THE SUB. IT SOUNDS REAL GOOD AND LEVELED. ONE THING TO REALLY PAY ATTENTION TO IS YOUR CROSSOVER SETTINGS. BY OVER AND UNDER DOING THE FREQUENCY POINTS, IT WILL MAKE OR BREAK YOUR SYSTEM FOR SOUND QUALITY. ALSO MAKE SURE YOU PROPERLY SET YOUR GAIN CORRECTLY. YOU CAN DO THIS BY, 1ST-TURN ALL AMP'S GAIN DOWN , 2ND TURN UP THE VOLUME ON YOUR HEAD UNIT ALL THE WAY TO MAX, 3RD TURN THE GAIN UP UNTIL THE SPEAKER DISTORTS AND THEN BRING IT DOWN A BIT. NOTE***********************MAKE SURE THE ALL THE EQ SETTINGS ON THE HEAD UNIT AND THE AMP ARE AT ZERO BEFORE DOING THIS PROCEDURE***********************
Old 02-15-2002, 10:10 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

in a relating question.. how about 150-200$ for a set of nice components for front doors? I am looking down the line, I am not ready to buy just yet.. but it's good to aim for something.. if it matters at all, i'm just looking for best Sound Quality here, brand name doesn't matter here, neither does anything else. thanks
Old 02-16-2002, 03:22 AM

Originally posted by NYCe MaXiMa
in a relating question.. how about 150-200$ for a set of nice components for front doors? I am looking down the line, I am not ready to buy just yet.. but it's good to aim for something.. if it matters at all, i'm just looking for best Sound Quality here, brand name doesn't matter here, neither does anything else. thanks
in many cases the brand does matter because certain manufacturers like Polk, Infiniti, and Rockford make some of the better mid range bass drivers on the market. Pioneer, Kenwood, and Sony make some good speakers but not in the mid range department. there are some company's that sell good head units but ****ty speakers and so on....so watch out and read consumer reviews, ask around and best of all pay attention to what some of your friends might have so the you can get a real audible experience with the speakers you might want to purchase. $150 - 200 should get you some nice speakers just take your time to shop for them. like myself i bought my mids'and tweets' seperate becuase i came to find out the even some component sets are a little cheezy and at the time it was money issue also. just hit me up if you need help but i think that you will be alright from here on in. peace!
Old 02-17-2002, 09:15 AM

Originally posted by shaekwon

in many cases the brand does matter because certain manufacturers like Polk, Infiniti, and Rockford make some of the better mid range bass drivers on the market. Pioneer, Kenwood, and Sony make some good speakers but not in the mid range department. there are some company's that sell good head units but ****ty speakers and so on....so watch out and read consumer reviews, ask around and best of all pay attention to what some of your friends might have so the you can get a real audible experience with the speakers you might want to purchase. $150 - 200 should get you some nice speakers just take your time to shop for them. like myself i bought my mids'and tweets' seperate becuase i came to find out the even some component sets are a little cheezy and at the time it was money issue also. just hit me up if you need help but i think that you will be alright from here on in. peace!
This guy at the stereo shop wants to get me some Lanzar comp's..he says the are just as good as MB quart if not better...He sells both MB's and Lanzars..what do you guys think?? I have never heard anyone rave about Lanzars..Someone said they are ok, nothing special and that was about it.. I can get them for a hell of a lot cheaper then the MB's thats for sure..I'll just get them if they sound the same...but if not let me know..don't know the model number either...
Old 02-17-2002, 10:23 AM

Originally posted by puremax

This guy at the stereo shop wants to get me some Lanzar comp's..he says the are just as good as MB quart if not better...He sells both MB's and Lanzars..what do you guys think?? I have never heard anyone rave about Lanzars..Someone said they are ok, nothing special and that was about it.. I can get them for a hell of a lot cheaper then the MB's thats for sure..I'll just get them if they sound the same...but if not let me know..don't know the model number either...
Listen to them and decide for yourself. Screw what he wants you to get or what we think you should get. Your buying them for you. But I don't really know how anybody would say lanzer over quart. But everybodys different.
Old 02-17-2002, 11:22 PM

see...that's the thing..I cant listen to them anywhere..he orders everything..no one has speakers I want.. I want to listen but no one has themm.... He says quarts r the **** but the lanzars are pretty much the samething..he said for the money just get the Lanzars..
Old 02-18-2002, 08:31 AM

Originally posted by puremax
see...that's the thing..I cant listen to them anywhere..he orders everything..no one has speakers I want.. I want to listen but no one has themm.... He says quarts r the **** but the lanzars are pretty much the samething..he said for the money just get the Lanzars..
how about crystal componants? try www.mmexpress.com they're pretty cheap, and 90% of everyone i've talked to said they're great.

oh yeah, and puremax, my friend who works at a stereo shop is jealous of the amp you're sellin' me. LoL!
Old 02-18-2002, 09:48 AM

Then tell him to order both and then listen and decide what you want. This by far is the worst excuse he could give and is just dumb.