Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

tv's in my headrest

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2002, 10:40 AM

tv's in my headrest

ok well i got the tv's mounted im my headrest but here is my problem i dont knwo how to run the wires through the top of the seat all the way to the bottom of the seat....if u look on the abck of a seat in the 4th gen amxima it seems as if there is a thin board going down the abck of the seat.....is there anyway i cna get this peice off??? if so this will make my job a lil easier.......

thanx, Tom
Old 02-21-2002, 12:58 PM

You run the wires down through the metel brackes that lock them in and then you can pop off the back side of the seat there held in by some snaps, just be carefull the break easy. Then take it the whole way down.
Old 02-22-2002, 07:53 AM

the cable comming off my tv is not thin enough to be fit through those metal poles in the headrest...is that wha tu mean by metal brackets??? my main concern is getting the back of the seat off.....can you or someone else give some more details....how many clips r holding in the back of the seat??? where r they located... things liek that.......thanx guys, Tom

Originally posted by max'n out
You run the wires down through the metel brackes that lock them in and then you can pop off the back side of the seat there held in by some snaps, just be carefull the break easy. Then take it the whole way down.
Old 02-22-2002, 10:11 AM

Originally posted by hockeyghst
the cable comming off my tv is not thin enough to be fit through those metal poles in the headrest...is that wha tu mean by metal brackets??? my main concern is getting the back of the seat off.....can you or someone else give some more details....how many clips r holding in the back of the seat??? where r they located... things liek that.......thanx guys, Tom

Yeah the metel poles. Can you drill um out? There are 4 plastic cheap clips 2 on each side at the edge and a set metel brackets at the top. Pull up and out from the bottom and you will feel them start to pop then pull down so the metel peices let it drop. Be very carefull there cheap.
Old 02-22-2002, 09:09 PM

Yeah the metel poles. Can you drill um out? There are 4 plastic cheap clips 2 on each side at the edge and a set metel brackets at the top. Pull up and out from the bottom and you will feel them start to pop then pull down so the metel peices let it drop. Be very carefull there cheap.
ok i understnd how to take the abck of the seat off but i dont think i understand the metal poles u r talking about....r u taling about teh metal poled on teh headrest itself...????even if i drill tehm out the tv cord wont fit through it.......thanx for the info!!!!
Old 02-22-2002, 09:59 PM

ok i understnd how to take the abck of the seat off but i dont think i understand the metal poles u r talking about....r u taling about teh metal poled on teh headrest itself...????even if i drill tehm out the tv cord wont fit through it.......thanx for the info!!!!
Yes the metel poles that hold the headrest to the seat. If you don't run the wires down through there your gonna see the wires. Why woun't they fit more others always seem to?
Old 02-23-2002, 09:49 AM

Yes the metel poles that hold the headrest to the seat. If you don't run the wires down through there your gonna see the wires. Why woun't they fit more others always seem to?

ok i see whjat ur saying now. ur talking about the mtal poles in the seat correct???.....the reason it wont fit is because there is a fat plug on the end of the cord that connets into my lcd screen so what plug wont fit thtough the metal poles
Old 02-25-2002, 02:24 AM

Headrest Monitors

Did you do all the work yourself? Did you just take of the cover cut the foam in the haedrest the mount it with the shroud. On a scale of 1-10 how difficut is it to install the TV's. Thanks Charles
Old 02-25-2002, 09:49 AM

Re: Headrest Monitors

Originally posted by BLACKIE
Did you do all the work yourself? Did you just take of the cover cut the foam in the haedrest the mount it with the shroud. On a scale of 1-10 how difficut is it to install the TV's. Thanks Charles
well at first i was gonna call a shop to install them but i said the hell with that and i did it myself......it is VERY easy

On a scale of 1-10 how difficut is it to install the TV's
hmmmmm im gonna say 1 being the easiest and 10 being the hardest...
def. a 1

i took the cloth cover off....then i took the headrest bracket and made some measurments on the foam b4 i cut.....then after making sure everyhting is straight i started cutting using a razor blade.....very easy....then i took out enough foam out so the headrest bracket will fit in nice and snug....after this was done i cut 2 lil slits on the bottom of the headrest so i can shove 2 small thin peices of wood behind the headrest bracket so i can screw the headrest into something to secure it from falling out.......its kinda hard to explain i guess and i dont have any pix....sorry........basically in the end it took about an hour to do the first one only because it was my first time trying this when i start the second one im sure i cna get it done in about 30 min....liek i said not hard at all!!!
Old 02-26-2002, 12:26 AM

Re: Re: Headrest Monitors

THANKS

well at first i was gonna call a shop to install them but i said the hell with that and i did it myself......it is VERY easy

On a scale of 1-10 how difficut is it to install the TV's
hmmmmm im gonna say 1 being the easiest and 10 being the hardest...
def. a 1

i took the cloth cover off....then i took the headrest bracket and made some measurments on the foam b4 i cut.....then after making sure everyhting is straight i started cutting using a razor blade.....very easy....then i took out enough foam out so the headrest bracket will fit in nice and snug....after this was done i cut 2 lil slits on the bottom of the headrest so i can shove 2 small thin peices of wood behind the headrest bracket so i can screw the headrest into something to secure it from falling out.......its kinda hard to explain i guess and i dont have any pix....sorry........basically in the end it took about an hour to do the first one only because it was my first time trying this when i start the second one im sure i cna get it done in about 30 min....liek i said not hard at all!!!
Old 02-26-2002, 08:36 PM

what kinda tv's did you use...how much were they, where'd you get them!
Old 02-26-2002, 11:56 PM

Originally posted by pawn
I purchased them from Partsexpress.com also from Kenwood.
Old 02-27-2002, 09:41 AM

well i dont have that much money for expensive tv's but i bought 2 tv's from ebay at 89 $ each. it came with the headrest bracket and its a 5 inch lcd screen....the picture quality is good but with a kenwood tv or a good name brand like that it will be much better......
Old 02-27-2002, 10:27 AM

i just bought 2 5.6" tv's
Old 02-27-2002, 10:36 AM

i just bought 2 5.6" tv's
from where????

is ur car photoshopped in that pic or air ride or coilovers????

looks nice and low
Old 02-27-2002, 10:41 AM

from where????

is ur car photoshopped in that pic or air ride or coilovers????

looks nice and low

Ebay...in the pic its on Coilovers, but the air suspension is being installed!
Old 02-27-2002, 09:51 PM

Ebay...in the pic its on Coilovers, but the air suspension is being installed!
do u have a link to the tv's that u bought???
Old 02-27-2002, 09:55 PM

do u have a link to the tv's that u bought???

maybe, why?
Old 02-28-2002, 07:53 AM

maybe, why?
cuz i wanna see what they look like.......thats all