Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

No Sound from Bose System

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2002, 12:25 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

No Sound from Bose System

Hey guys. I don't have a Maxima but I was Installing an external amp into a friends Maxima. It's a 97 with the Bose system. I used a line out converter for the RCA. I believe that 2 of the wires going from converter to the Bose Speakers touched. She said she was driving and the subs came on and she turned the stereo off. When she turned it back on she didn't get any sound. Now the external amp was not hooked up completely and the fuse was out of the power wire so it was not getting any power so I don't know why it came on. Everything to the external amp is now unhooked and everything is plugged back up like it was originally. The problem now is that everytime we turn on the radio it blows the fuse in the fuse panel under the dash to the Bose system so there is no sound still. If anybody nows what could be the problem I would really appreciate it. Sorry for the long post but I wanted to include everything that had happened. Thanks in advance.
Will
Old 03-08-2002, 02:07 PM
MaximaFreak

Re: No Sound from Bose System

Originally posted by Dub99bed
Hey guys. I don't have a Maxima but I was Installing an external amp into a friends Maxima. It's a 97 with the Bose system. I used a line out converter for the RCA. I believe that 2 of the wires going from converter to the Bose Speakers touched. She said she was driving and the subs came on and she turned the stereo off. When she turned it back on she didn't get any sound. Now the external amp was not hooked up completely and the fuse was out of the power wire so it was not getting any power so I don't know why it came on. Everything to the external amp is now unhooked and everything is plugged back up like it was originally. The problem now is that everytime we turn on the radio it blows the fuse in the fuse panel under the dash to the Bose system so there is no sound still. If anybody nows what could be the problem I would really appreciate it. Sorry for the long post but I wanted to include everything that had happened. Thanks in advance.
Will
The problem is the installer. Aside from that, there may be a short in the amplifier for the speakers. A short in the amp would definitely blow a fuse. You can test this by unplugging the rear speakers and/or the rear amplifier to see if then she can operate her radio without blowing a fuse. However, considering your luck, maybe your best bet at this point would be to take it to a stereo shop for personal diagnosis or to a Nissan dealer.